TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

the west wing 2/26

Old 02-26-03, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

the west wing 2/26

once again, another solid episode as president bartlett deals with the consequences of his first military action. plus the return of the hot speechwriting interns, who look to be will's new staff. the whole bit with amy as abby's new chief of staff was predictible but good. i am wondering if amy and josh are still together judging from some of the conversation between abby and amy and also considering AS and his penchant for breaking people up offscreen with no explanation whatsoever.

finally, if this was sam's last appearance, he went out in a great way. just he and toby sharing a very 'un-toby' tender moment that underlies what those two had been together as the duo that put the words into president bartlett's mouth since the campaign. very well done.

oh yeah, can anyone tell me who renee estevez plays on the show? i see her name but can never figure out who she plays.
Old 02-27-03, 12:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Ronnettes =
Elsie =
Old 02-27-03, 12:40 AM

Re: the west wing 2/26

Originally posted by kevin75
also considering AS and his penchant for breaking people up offscreen with no explanation whatsoever
i don't doubt this but nothing is coming to mind can you give me some examples?

this episode was good, but not great. i thought sam was very weak in the episode until the end, and depending how they handle things without him i think his storyline shouldn't have been finished until he gets elected. and everyone know he will. we are in america and good duys have to win.

interns
will turning around after finding out he was being a hardass
not a lot of cj (i don't like her too much, and i absolutely hated her solo episode)
charlie's complaint about credit card frequent flier miles
cj singing that sand in my shoe song as toby dumped out handfulls of sand
will: our plan isn't equal.
hot intern: i meant metaphorically, i suppose.
the episode was too serious to be one of my favorites. the relative of the three captives didn't hold much of my appeal that others did.
Old 02-27-03, 06:27 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Will and Toby last night

"We were arrested last night."
"I know. It was on the news."
"It made the news all the way out there?"
"A Jew won a barfight. It was national news..."

or something to that effect.

Pretty funny.
Old 02-27-03, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk God

I really enjoyed the humor in this episode. I did not enjoy the serious elements of this episode.

I really cannot stand Amy. She always been my least favorite character. I think it is partly because of the actress' voice and partly because of the whiney nature of the character herself.
Old 02-27-03, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Finally got around to watching this episode. Some of the moments were really funny (i.e. Charlie complaining about the frequent flyer miles and Will breaking the glass yet again) and other parts were touching (Toby and Sam in the bar at the end). I know this is a bad thing to say but the mom of the captured soldier just grated on my nerves. I don't know what it was but she annoyed me. Other than that I thought it was a good episode. I actually hope that was Sam's final episode since the sendoff was touching without being sappy.
Old 02-27-03, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Re: the west wing 2/26

Originally posted by WiccanPagan
will: our plan isn't equal.
Not only that, his "exhibit" was a complete misrepresentation of how taxes are actually computed. The "forward" look at Dem and Rep tax cut plans also bore no relationship to reality, although that may be good, if they want it ficitional.
Old 02-27-03, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Re: the west wing 2/26

Originally posted by WiccanPagan
i don't doubt this but nothing is coming to mind can you give me some examples?
a. charlie and zoe
b. sam and mallory (although they did clear this up quite a bit later)
Old 02-27-03, 10:35 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
There was a great reference to the very first episode of the series. Last night, when Sam expressed surprise that Toby would call the White House fusing a prostitute's cell phone, Toby chided him "you aren't really in a positition to give lectures about using a hooker's cell phone" (paraphrased, I don't remember the exact words).
Old 02-27-03, 01:17 PM

kevin75, thanks for those. i actually started watching mid season 2 and have not caught all the reruns (i don't think they show anywhere), so i do not know all the logistics up untilmid season 2, but it has easily became my favorite show on tv.
Old 02-27-03, 06:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

No they don't show the reruns anywhere. I didn't start watching until midway through season 2 either. I wish NBC would get on the bandwagon and release this on DVD!
Old 02-27-03, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

two things for wiccanpagan and lisadoris:

1. if you have a region free player, season 1 is available in the UK and season 2 should be out soon.

2. IIRC, bravo signed a sindication deal that i believe begins this fall to start from the beginning.
Old 02-28-03, 06:57 PM

Re: the west wing 2/26

Originally posted by kevin75

oh yeah, can anyone tell me who renee estevez plays on the show? i see her name but can never figure out who she plays.
She plays Nancy, one of the president's many secretaries. If you blink you'll miss her appearances. Being Martin Sheen's daughter probably helps a little in getting such prominent billing.
Old 02-28-03, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

scrubneck, thanks. i will have to go back and watch for her now that i know who she is.
Old 03-03-03, 05:28 PM
BT
DVD Talk Special Edition

Is Renee Emilio's sister? I did not know that. How interesting...

Will breaking the glass partition again: Priceless.

Good episode.

-BT