Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Survivor 02/12/03 :The Men vs. the Women

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-03, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I thought it was pretty interesting. Most of the guys seem like tools. The women have some interesting people, but add me as another minority vote, Heidi isn't all that hot. She's pretty but nothing to swoon over, in my opinion.
Old 02-14-03, 08:34 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would do Heidi

I would also have preferred to see them vote off Daniel. One the Women's tribe I see at least 2 that they need to get rid of the deaf one and the housewife who is already having trouble. Will be more interesting once both tribes get rid of their dead wood.
Old 02-14-03, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by hahn
Jenna=possibly dumber than joe millionaire, ....

That is a bold statement since Joe is such a knob....
Old 02-14-03, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally posted by Struz
I thought the show was very good for the 1st show.

I don't see why everyone is going nuts over Heidi or any of the women.

I think I'm the only one that agrees with you so far. Heidi is nowhere near attractive. Nice body, but that face is scary. It's like half-man, half-skin stretched tightly across a skull.

Maybe she is really not this way, but Jenna seemed to be really dumb to me.
Old 02-14-03, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Heidi reminds of me of Finnish women.
Old 02-14-03, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I admit that Heidi does NOT look good during her "confessionals", however, during the challenge she looked pretty good (must have stashed some makeup somewhere or something), that or there just weren't as many close ups of her..
Old 02-14-03, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

They really went out of their way to find a bunch of stupid meat-heads for this group. I guess they wanted cocky and arrogant males to form some drama, but it's pretty annoying to watch. Looks to be a promising season.

das
Old 02-14-03, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

When Heidi got the last key and was running back towards her tribe (showing only her backside), I was mentally screaming "go to camera that's facing Heidi!!!!"

But I was rewarded with my patience as they kept the same camera angle as Heidi ran back towards the original camera towards the finish line.

My new mantra: Run Heidi Run!

Last edited by Patman; 02-14-03 at 09:54 AM.
Old 02-14-03, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero

If Dan and Ryan would have used their brains on the balance log, they would have went side-to-side (sideways, not straight on) on the log after falling off of it to get a better foothold. Don't any of these people watch Fear Factor?

BTW, there are way too many J-names on the women tribe:

Jeanne
Janet
Jenna
Joanna

Sheesh!

Where did they find Janet? How naive can you be to think that life in the Amazon was going to be a cakewalk? "It was brutal". Duh! It makes you wonder how CBS finds people with very little knowledge of living outdoors in less-than-pleasant conditions.

While the editing made Christy seems somewhat pathetic in showing life as a deaf person, she still has her eyes, and when she sees a group of women going somewhere, she needs to get moving and join the group! Just standing around watching the fire and feeling sorry for yourself isn't going to get it done.
Old 02-14-03, 10:00 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Patman
If Dan and Ryan would have used their brains on the balance log, they would have went side-to-side (sideways, not straight on) on the log after falling off of it to get a better foothold. Don't any of these people watch Fear Factor?
I'm not convinced that either Dan or Ryan have a brain. Even go Dan should have gotten across the time he tried to pull himself.
Old 02-14-03, 10:07 AM
Banned

Everyone seems to be missing the fact that later in the show, they made mention that Janet was feeling much better, and was no longer sick...I think she was just going through a period of adjustment.

And Heidi reminds me of the lizards from "V" or the alien in Enemy Mine

FS
Old 02-14-03, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Now Shawna on the other hand the curly hair is great...
Old 02-14-03, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
I think next show the women will be in trouble when it comes to the challenge. They'll be up all night during the rain, and feeling miserable, while the guys will be dry and a lot more wise this time since they overestimated themselves last time.
Old 02-14-03, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Liver&Onions
Now Shawna on the other hand the curly hair is great...
All of them have curly hair...if ya know what I mean...and I think you do.
Old 02-14-03, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Cheddarmuff

That is a bold statement since Joe is such a knob....

On Guys : "*huffs* Like...I couldn't like...use my like...fenimine...uh...wiles...to like...totally like use on the...like...guys! *huffs* That like...totally like sucks!"

On The Important Things In Life : "My biggest like...priority is underwear. Cause like...if it's not like totally clean...like stuff can grow on you, you know?"
Old 02-14-03, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Like a moth to the flame, I'm back for another go-round of Survivor. I think this one looks better than the previous season. The gender split is a nice change of pace.

I was laughing about the men being so arrogant. Man, I remember when I was 21 and in the peak of my athletic ability and doing triathlons. I remember in one race I was near the finish and this lady who looked to be a grandma passed me. While it's obvious men are generally stronger, it's unwise to assume the women are automatically weaker. Certainly on this show they don't have the camping skills the men have, but it won't be a cakewalk for the guys.

I like that the deaf girl is there. I think it will be interesting to see how she interacts. I hope her team takes just a little extra time dealing with her. I'm pulling for her.
Old 02-14-03, 11:23 AM

Originally posted by icondude
I'm not convinced that either Dan or Ryan have a brain. Even go Dan should have gotten across the time he tried to pull himself.
I agree completely - I don't think either of them understood the log challenge. They were supposed to WALK the log, not HUMP it.
Old 02-14-03, 11:42 AM
Suspended

man, anyone notice jennas shoulders? she could play middle linebacker for the detroit lions. im pretty sure that dan kid tried out for the first season of tough enough and got shaqed.
Old 02-14-03, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by The Baumer
man, anyone notice jennas shoulders? she could play middle linebacker for the detroit lions.
And she'd probably be better than the linebackers they have now.

Old 02-14-03, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 619 Likes on 498 Posts
Shawna didn't do much for me - I was surprised that all the guys were over her during tribal council. Jenna and Heidi were the only ones who were pretty - not hot though.

This was an excellent episode. The challenge was a good mix of intelligence and physicality.

I'm not sure how I feel about the deaf girl. I feel bad for her but her presence just brings me down which I don't want when I am watching a show like this. What would be really cool was if she was faking it.

I probably would have voted Daniel off.
Old 02-14-03, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I didn't get the Shawna attraction either, but then I went on the website and watched her audition video to get a better look since I wasn't scoping them out during the show. I'd say she is the "cute" one of the three. They all have good bodies, but she has a pretty face and the cute hair to go with it.
Old 02-14-03, 01:46 PM
Banned

Correct on Dan, he was a Tough Enough 1 semi-finalist, but did not make the cut...

FS
Old 02-14-03, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Struz
And she'd probably be better than the linebackers they have now.
Hey now...don't go bashing our linebackers...our DB's are much worse
Old 02-14-03, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally posted by FlashStash

And Heidi reminds me of the lizards from "V" or the alien in Enemy Mine

FS
Bingo. I knew she reminded me of something.
Old 02-14-03, 04:08 PM

Originally posted by FlashStash
Correct on Dan, he was a Tough Enough 1 semi-finalist, but did not make the cut...

FS
I thought he looked familiar. He came close to getting on the show, IIRC.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.