Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

west wing - 2/12/03

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-03, 03:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
west wing - 2/12/03

next day and no thread. ouch are the fans getting lazy? i thought the episode was excellent one of the better ones this season. great continuation to last weeks episode especially the crossover from a different pov. i was really worried about donna floating lines like that around but glad to see it was slater. the only problem i had was that they didn't show the speech. it was harped on for so long and they didn't show it. i think they wasted all the good speech writing on the debate episode.
Old 02-13-03, 03:23 PM

and another they sign malina to the job full-time. i hadn't heard word of this before, but it looks inevitable, now that he is part of the circle. i hope his sister stays along for the ride for a while. she is good, too.
Old 02-13-03, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I liked how Toby went, "Getting a call from the Office of the President in the middle of the night. I think he should experience that before he leaves"

I guess he and Sorkin are really tight.

Wouldn't it be nice if they bring back the Ann Stark character even for just one episode and have some Jeremy/Dana interaction? hehe.

Yes, please bring along his sister...
Old 02-13-03, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"Never forget that a small group of thoughtful and committed citizens can change the world."

das
Old 02-13-03, 04:34 PM

josh "what's his level of frustration?"
toby "it's high"
josh "he's here on a temp job, he's that invested?"
will :shatters glass:
josh "that's never happened before has it?"
leo "no, no it hasn't."
will "sorry."

Old 02-13-03, 05:15 PM

Originally posted by das Monkey
"Never forget that a small group of thoughtful and committed citizens can change the world."

das
By Margaret Mead... not Aaron Sorkin.

Still, great episode. I wish we could have seen the speech also but I guess you can't write but so much fantastic dialog and fit it into a one hour show when there's an inaugral speech included.

Oh, and add me to the list of ppl who wanna see Winnie Cooper come back.
Old 02-13-03, 11:46 PM

Saw last nights episode but have missed a couple before. Overall, great show. Charlie had some hilarious lines about proving his love for Zoe. Just curious, but did they ever resolve the plot with Toby and his wife and soon to be twins? My one complaint is that it would have been THAT much nicer if they had had a brief 2-3 second shot of Toby dancing with his ex-wife. I want them to get back together. What ever happened to Team Toby eh?
Old 02-14-03, 12:13 AM

i do not believe the situation with the twins was resolved. i believe the last episode they spoke of it was when she won her district.
Old 02-14-03, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
It was well into the episode, and not until his name was mentioned, that I realized I do not miss Sam. It may be a big coincidence, but the show has really picked up since he's been gone...and not just with the appearance of Will Bailey, but every character seems to have been rejuvenated.

Good stuff.
Old 02-14-03, 08:30 PM
BT
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well next week's episode
Spoiler:
Sam's back... Just for one episode though.

Charlie
Old 02-14-03, 10:51 PM

must resist highlighting spoiler. must resist.
Old 02-17-03, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

wow. that is my first impression from watching this episode. this thing had so much good stuff in it it is unreal. the thing i liked most about this was how it melded many of the things that make the west wing so great. it had drama but also the personal interactions that make this show so absolutely great. the last 20 minutes with the scene outside donna's apt. and the scene with will were maybe some of the best of the last two seasons. the progress that these characters have made just in the last few episodes leading up to the SOTU is incredible.

as for sam, i am glad that he got promoted. while i do like will, i do also miss sam and i am glad that he has a way back if it is possible.