Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

24: Season 2 - Hour 12 - 2/11/03

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-03, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great Episode.......no other show on TV keeps the tension this high.
Old 02-11-03, 09:07 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sweeet Episode! Man, I can't get enough of this!

Spoiler:
I thought the killing was staged, but not in that way. I was thinking when he shot the kid, the guy shot beside him, but not at him. Worked out better this way tho. I loooooove it!
Old 02-11-03, 09:14 PM

How the hell did they
Spoiler:
fake the execution?

Even with the fastest computers there's no way they could've redone that image in realtime like that.

Still, I thought it had really happened until the end shot there.
Old 02-11-03, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 144 Likes on 99 Posts
Great episode. You know it's going to be good when they put the viewer discretion tag at the beginning!
Spoiler:
I really want to know what the hell is up with mrs. palmer? ok, we know she's evil but the overall us gov't involvement with the bomb is still flying over my head

Anyway, it's too bad the cougar didn't eat Kim though, I had my fingers crossed.
Old 02-11-03, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Ever notice that when it goes to a split screen, almost every time it goes to the screen that you want least (at least in my opinion anyway)?

Great episode. I figured that the kids shooting was staged, but it was great to see that they actually got his family.

Was anyone else waiting for Sherry Palmer to shoot Lynn in the back when she walked away? I really have no idea what the hell is on the go now with Sherry and Stanton. I just hope that it has a satisfactory resolution (not necessarily a happy one, just one that won't cheat viewers).

As stated numerous times, the one glaring weakness in this show is the Kim storyline. It is really pathetic.
Old 02-11-03, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,023 Likes on 813 Posts
As stated numerous times, the one glaring weakness in this show is the Kim storyline. It is really pathetic.
During the "Fathers make the best heros" ad during American Idol..

Spoiler:
showed kim wielding a knife, didn't it? guess we know what the cabin guy will be doing for dinner.
Old 02-11-03, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The Kim plot is still lame, but at least there wasn't much.

The rest of the episode kicked butt though, I nearly lost it when Jack "killed" the kid. Definitely the best ep so far this season .
Old 02-11-03, 09:55 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Please don't put events of the show itself in spoiler tags, just the events from the teasers.

From the the "Where are they now?" files comes Kevin Dillon. Guess he couldn't get a spot on "Celebrity Mole."

Second episode in a row with no "Holy S**t" moment. This season is better than the first, but it's quite predictable.
Old 02-11-03, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

i just realized that the season isn't even half way through (it started at 9 am). the story lines are coming to an end. i hope it isn't like last season where they wrap up everything and start over again. it seemed like it was that way last season cuz of the 13 episode order or what not
Old 02-11-03, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Actually, we just hit the halfway point. It's getting really good!
Old 02-11-03, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just thought of that as well, still about 12 episodes or so to go, right? Curious to see what will happen during the night...
Old 02-11-03, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

pretty good episode. Can't wait til next week
Old 02-11-03, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yup, 12 to go... and it started at 8am, not 9am. This was 7pm-8pm.

Great episode, although every week it amazes me more and more just how terrible the entire Kim plotline is. Was the guy who found her also DJ's boyfriend on Full House (Steve, I think), or am I just weird?

As always, see the sig.
Old 02-11-03, 10:40 PM
AJW
DVD Talk Special Edition

Gotta love Kim spending hours trying to figure out how to get of the the snare trap and the guy removes it in ten seconds flat
Old 02-11-03, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Man, Jack is one crazy ****. I could just tell that he wanted to fake the kid's execution as soon as he turned about and started talking to the phone. Too bad he didn't let Syed Ali know his kid was alive; would have been a cool 'i'm better than u' moment. Other than that, I'm having this strange 'not-seeing-Kim-run-withdrawal' feeling. Oh, well I'll get over it. And what the FU*CK is wrong with Fox? Do they absolutely have to spoil each and every frikkin' episode for us?!
Old 02-11-03, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

those that are complaining about next week's spoiler...i think fox is leading you on, i dont think what you think is gonna happen is gonna happen....if that made any sense
Old 02-11-03, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Good grief! This was vintage 24. At some points, you're grateful for your autonomic system because you forget to breath due to what you're seeing on the TV screen.

I knew Jack was forced into setting up a fake death (I was thinking he got the special ops forces to outfit the family members with squids underneath their cloth and then started shooting blanks into their midsections and really giving Ali a show) after Palmer told him to stand down.

If I were Kate, I'd be having a total breakdown about now.

If I were Bob, I'd be having a total breakdown about now.

If I were Marie, I'd stay home and ... oops, but I digress...

I thought Sherry was going to off Lynn. That whole bit was clumsily written. Who's the snitch? Hmm...

The whole "Mike as traitor" would be unfortunate, but you never know in this show.

Only 5 minutes of Kim.

Speculation: We've got 12 hours left, and the bomb has to be a diversion for this presidential coup, which might be staged by the vice president (whom we've never seen yet), and the money behind the campaigns.
Old 02-11-03, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think it makes sense. We're not even halfway through the season and
Spoiler:
they've already found the bomb. It's not hard to imagine that it is detonated. They can spend the rest of the show figuring out the whole Stanton/Sherry/Nina/Yugoslav conspiracy. IMO that's more interesting than just running around looking for a bomb. Oh, and more jiggling by Kim.
Old 02-11-03, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by CitizenKaneRBud
I rolled my eyes towards the end when they reveal the video trick.. god forbid the hero of the series is flawed.. It would have made it more interesting..
Did Jack not hack off someone's head earlier? As to whether Jack should have told Ali about the trick, Ali will now have to spend the rest of his life believing his son was murdered and it was his fault...
Old 02-11-03, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

oh, and mike is evil. not all of his actions will make sense if he is evil. but not all of nina's made sense last season after we foudn out she was evil
Old 02-11-03, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by neiname
Did Jack not hack off someone's head earlier? As to whether Jack should have told Ali about the trick, Ali will now have to spend the rest of his life believing his son was murdered and it was his fault...
Rest of his life.. oh, please. I think we were both watching the same show; Ali blames Jack for his son's murder, not himself. Besides, don't you think at SOME point, either a lawyer, some govt. lawyer, friend, other family member or someone will tell him his son is alive? Better to do it now; it looks better.
Old 02-11-03, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

but not if jack wants the option to squeeze ali for more info later tonight.. if he tips his hand with the fake video, he has no leverage.
Old 02-12-03, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
In my opinion, Jack made a mistake not telling Ali his kid's alive. I think that will come back to bite him around 7:30 am-ish. It seems like we got some foreshadowing with Ali saying "I'll kill you" to Bauer. Don't know how, but Ali may find a way to get free and attempt to kill Bauer making the finale extra dramatic and a way where Sutherland doesn't have to return for season 3.
Old 02-12-03, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
You can't think of every contingency when things are this hectic in trying to find the bomb. So Jack could have blown it by telling Ali that his son was really alive, and thus exposing Jack as a wussy who has to resort to subterfuge, rather than flat out terroristic acts to get his point across.
Old 02-12-03, 02:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Wow, Kevin Dillon bags his best prize, EVER. Each of Kim's scenes the last three episodes or so have looked like something from the first 10 minutes of an episode of Erotic Confessions. "Dear Jacqueline, I was lost in the woods..."

Did anyone else expect Jack to yell at Kate, when she was jabbering on, "Lady, you sound just like my daughter!"

As much fun as it was to see RFK keep zapping Roger and the staged killing, that whole scene w/ Sherry and Lynn was the topper of the night. Just superb and fraught w/ tension. I was expecting a sniper shot, as well. I'm glad they resisted the impulse.

Sherry just spins wheels within wheels. I love it.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.