Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Joe Millionaire - Will Fox s-t-r-e-t-c-h it out? (merged)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Joe Millionaire - Will Fox s-t-r-e-t-c-h it out? (merged)

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-03, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How can she love him? Being lied to is one thing, but knowing he was flirting around and got some with the other whores is just not right.
Old 02-18-03, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Well I'm glad Zora won over Sarah.

However towards the end of this show, I started really getting frustrated on how "reality tv" isn't really reality at all.
Yes we all know this, but to me it stuck out like a sore thumb on this one.

They told the STORY they wanted to. Good girl wins/bad girl loses, etc. I know it would have been edited differently if Sarah won. But, I think they guided towards Zora from the get go, along with "guiding" Zora to still say yes in the end.
I mean both Zora and Evan's speech was spoon fed to them.
With the "let them down easy approach, then the switcharoo, I still PICK YOU!". They both gave that exact type speech.

I just don't see them giving them the money if the "bad girl" won.
So yeah they could have edited differently if that happened.
But they also wouldn't have given the money if Zora had said no.
And I'm convinced they would not have had a different ending no matter what. They MADE SURE what happened was going to happen for their "perfect ending to the perfect fairytale".
Old 02-18-03, 08:26 AM

Comments:

1) Lame-o twist.
2) Patman had a wrong prediction?????
3) My wife and I agree-- Sarah gave Evan an abbreviated BJ in the woods, then wondered if she was silly for not 'finishing the job'
4) Only surprise was that he picked Zora after that speech
5) Zora can walk on water
6) That said, she must have some kind of something that's holding her back
7) I actually hope they can make it
8) I like that they made no pretense about getting engaged, unlike the Bachelor
9) The aftermath could be hard on Zora. Also, not being able to date for three months?
10) Did anyone notice the suit in the "Evan getting dressed for the ballroom" scene had a white shirt/black tie, but in the ballroom his suit had blue shirt/blue tie? Or that, due to editing, Zora apparently went from her burgundy top into her walking outfit back into her burgundy top then into her blue prom dress? The editing on this show was horrific.

Right before the 'twist', my wife had the perfect scenario-- Zora was the multi-millionaire all along. Fox could have been filming five or so of these shows at once, each with Zora and a bunch of different women, then they only show the one where Zora makes it to the final 2. So the show would have been about Zora finding a man who liked her for her, not her money. Oh well, too expensive and creative for Fox.
Old 02-18-03, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Hey, I was going with the "Doh! tragic" twist ending.
Old 02-18-03, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
My favorite parts:

1. The guy quoting Ice Cube in the "on the street" segment near the front of the show.

2. Heidi's boyfriend saying "most funnest."
Old 02-18-03, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

We had a pot going to see what the twist would be. I said he would pick both and then turn the ballroom into a mud wrestling pit. Roomate put his money on Zora being a man. We both lost...
Old 02-18-03, 09:08 AM
Banned

Originally posted by NitroJMS
Reminds me of the South Park cliffhanger with Cartman's dad being revealed, only to be switched with Terrence and Phillip's "Not Without My Anus."
At least Not Without my Anus was pretty good. The Joe Millionaire recap was not good.
Old 02-18-03, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The twist was that they were given $1 million.

The second twist will be when the check bounces, and they are both poor again.
Old 02-18-03, 09:12 AM
Banned

I was wondering what you thought about the women being interviewed afterward. All of them said that they didn't care about the money. Like I'm really going to believe that.

OK, maybe I actually belive Allison because she asked to leave, etc.
Old 02-18-03, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I really liked the ending, but overall I'd give the show a d I wish they hadn't said anything about the "twist" because everyone was expecting something bigger. But it was nice. Roto mentioned it in this thread, but I'll concur. They really needed to spice up the middle episodes with current reactions from the girls booted off. Without that I might as well have been watching the Bachelor or Bachelorette (which is something I'd never waste time on, not that I can defend my Joe viewing!)

I'm glad he chose Zora. I wonder if she'll be interested in him after she's seen the whole show on TV?
Old 02-18-03, 09:19 AM
Banned

Once I saw that they were doing yet another recap, this time the Woman of Joe Millionaire, I changed the channel and didnt turn it back till 9:00.
Fox really does know how to stretch things out until you lose interest dont they????
All and all it was a nice little ending.
Ya think Sarah was a bit bitter? Hmm.

Now if only Joe would just cut his hair.
Old 02-18-03, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts
I thought the ending was very sweet. I know this is "reality" tv but it was as non-cynical an ending as I have seen. They truly looked happy and I hope they make it and fade into obscurity with their money.

I liked other people's suggestions about the twist i.e. have the 2 women chose 1 million or 50 million or have Joe chose 1 million or the girl. ... but giving the money to Evan and Zora was great.
I would GAG if Melissa or Mojo or Heidi got to split the 1 million.

anyway, great concept, good execution and great hype leads to some very entertaining moments and possibly ... a true relationship? To be continued.
Old 02-18-03, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Lame. I had a much better twist: He picks both, the audience is left going "whu?" through a commercial break, then the chicks show up in the ballroom to discover that Evan is actually... TWINS! And they've been alternating all along. Brilliant!
Old 02-18-03, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,946 Likes on 1,506 Posts
We got home late last night, and I wanted to fast forward to the end to just see what the twist was. But of course, my wife wanted to watch all of it...

Dayana is really in her own little world. In fact, a lot of these women are in their own little world. Heidi couldn't have picked a better boyfriend for her...

My wife commented that it looked like Zora's hair was much shorter in the last segment than it was during the rest of the show. It might have just been the hairstyle. But did anyone else think that the ending was too perfect? Zora's been cautious throughout the whole thing, and as nice as she is, I don't see her wanting to be with Evan after he lied to her. I mean, besides his looks, does this guy have any redeeming qualities?

Maybe it's just the evil part of me, but I think that they bribed her to agree to staying with him. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't decide on this "give them a million dollars" thing until after the original was filmed, since how could they know that it would be popular enough to garner the ratings and justify the cash they spent? Lastly, I know that it was necessary to not give the ending away, but this was filmed months ago, and they haven't seen each other at all? That'll cool off a relationship really quickly...
Old 02-18-03, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by cdollaz
My favorite parts:

1. The guy quoting Ice Cube in the "on the street" segment near the front of the show.

1. Don't remember that part.

2. The three of us watching all yelled out "most funnest" at the same time.
Old 02-18-03, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

great call on both those parts.. wasn't there also a moment on the street segment where a girl was like.. "Wait, he's not really a Millionaire"
Originally posted by cdollaz
My favorite parts:

Old 02-18-03, 11:01 AM

I was glad to see that last's week disapointment was addressed by the show. I kind of surprised me actually.

What disapointed me was that they hyped the surprise ending so much. As far as a Jane Millionaire or Joe Millionaire 2, they need to come up with something completely different, or I'm not going to watch. I just don't see how this concept can be carried muchfurther though. What are they going to do to "suprise" us next time - give them a different amount fo money.
Old 02-18-03, 11:17 AM

Originally posted by davejt1
I would GAG if Melissa or Mojo or Heidi got to split the 1 million.
Funny you didn't mention Sarah in the same sentence as the word "gag," both in terms of her bondage videos and her little trist in the woods.

Old 02-18-03, 12:01 PM

Wow, ONE MILLION DOLLARS! Where's Dr. Evil? Minus taxes that's about a whopping 325,000 each. They'll have mansions, butlers, fancy cars, and never have to work another day in their lives!
Old 02-18-03, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally posted by Wag The Frog
Wow, ONE MILLION DOLLARS! Where's Dr. Evil? Minus taxes that's about a whopping 325,000 each.
I don't know about you, but I'd take $325,000 in a heartbeat......
Old 02-18-03, 12:07 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Hell, I'd take $3.50 in a heartbeat.
Old 02-18-03, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally posted by Wag The Frog
Wow, ONE MILLION DOLLARS! Where's Dr. Evil? Minus taxes that's about a whopping 325,000 each. They'll have mansions, butlers, fancy cars, and never have to work another day in their lives!
Probably a little less, they owe FICA, Medicare, and state taxes as well as Federal. Easy to have 45% total tax, depending on state.
Old 02-18-03, 01:07 PM

I just want to say Thank you to the peeps in the east Coast. I didnt start watching til 9:30pm. Thanks east coast
Old 02-18-03, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Pretty much a let down....no sparks, nada...

They brought Melissa back just so someone could cap on Evan....dull...
Old 02-18-03, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Maybe it was 1 million francs.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.