Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Stargate SG-1 question

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-03, 03:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stargate SG-1 question

Love the show, but until just recently, I was never able to catch it on a regular basis (I need Tivo...<drool>) Thank god for Sci-Fi's mini marathon every Monday. Anyway, my question is about one of the shows shown this past Monday (season 3 I think? Possible spoilers...)

Spoiler:
In the episode where Jack is forced into early retirement (for show only, was a sting to catch Mayborn and the NID with their 2nd gate) a new colonel is assigned to SG-1. Daniel gives some protest and says something like "Well, since I'm the only civilian, I'm probably the only one that can get away with asking this" (he wanted Sam to take command of SG-1 instead of a new colonel

Ok, (finally!), here's the question. Did T'ielk officially join the military? It looks like he wears just a generic SG uniform, but there doesn't appear to be any rank insignia on it. Seems to me that T'ield would officially be a civilian.

Thanks!
Old 01-31-03, 03:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
True, but Teal'c would never say anything against the chain of command except in the most extreme case.
I think Daniel was just using what little leverage he had to ask that question.