TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Bachelorette

Old 01-23-03, 01:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bachelorette

can anyone else believe she actually is STILL picking russ? this guy is the biggest jackass i've ever seen. he has this arrogant facade that he puts on that is obviously covering up a serious deep insecurity.

ryan seems like he's nice enough. but he's just dumb as a doorknob. he's trying so hard to be deep but he just doesn't have the vocab for it. poor guy. i cannot believe that trista cried during his poetry reading. i cried too, but for a very different reason. my ears had to suffer the horror.

i have a feeling that charlie will win, because he's pretty damn smooth and doesn't give off that desperate vibe that russ is exuding.

she SHOULD have kept bob.
Old 01-23-03, 01:33 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Picking the turd with "the pretty eyes" over Bob was a bad call. So he's got great eyes. So what. Great eyes ain't gonna feed your baby!

Typical woman ... she says over and over that she doesn't want a guy who's too aggressive, and yet she fawns over the obvious players.

das
Old 01-23-03, 06:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I think she`ll pick Charlie or Ryan
Old 01-23-03, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Russ is the kind of guy you hated in high school.

Charlie is the kind of guy you hated right after college.

Singer dude is the kind of guy you hated because he could sing and have the women fawn over him.

Poet guy is the kind of guy who needs a certain type of woman to be impressed with his game. Trista ain't that girl in the long run.

Unfortunately, I think Trista will choose between Charlie and Russ, both with the depth of the wading pool at the local YMCA.
Old 01-23-03, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 612 Likes on 492 Posts
I haven't watched this since I caught of few minutes of the first episode. Is the black guy still in the running? What about the basketball player - that was my prediction from the beginning.
Old 01-23-03, 08:30 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 106 Likes on 95 Posts
basketball guy was out last night, she picked 3 guys to go on personal dates, and the other 5 went on a group date.

Russ
Charlie
Ryan

And Greg was picked of the other 5, Bob was the 5th place dude.

Looks like there could be some fun with the families next week, and Shoshanna Lonstein
Old 01-23-03, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

The guy with the shaggy blonde hair was bitter as hell, but he had no shot at all, had no game either.

I felt bad for Bob because looks come and go, but humor will last a lifetime.
Old 01-23-03, 09:01 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

I think it is between russ and charlie, and I think Charlie will get it, and she will let Russ think he is the one and dump his sorry ass ha ha ha, oh wait it's her decision.
Old 01-23-03, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

My eyes were also glazing over when Charlie was talking about how much every cost while talking about his date. It's like, who cares, punk.
Old 01-23-03, 10:36 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Hmm!
Just been listening to Russ on Alice 97.3 here and it was interesting to hear how he talked, I could not figure our whether he made it thru the next round or not, he did not come off half as pompous as he did on the show.

He did mention the whole money thing with Charlie.

Wish I could have heard the whole interview.
Old 01-23-03, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Rob and Bob were my favorites. Now i'm rooting for the guy with the bad poetry.
Old 01-23-03, 10:58 AM

is russ the one that gave her the tiffany gift at the beginning? you know once she got a tiffany, she's gonna be all over that guy.
Old 01-23-03, 11:42 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

that tiffany is only 95 dollars, ..
Old 01-23-03, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Supposedly, Trista is very happy with whoever she did pick, so it is one of those 4 guys.

I noticed that Trista has one of those what I call the Henrietta the Hippo laughs:

"Hehhehhehhehhehheh... "
Old 01-23-03, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 265 Likes on 168 Posts
Originally posted by Patman
I noticed that Trista has one of those what I call the Henrietta the Hippo laughs:
"Hehhehhehhehhehheh... "
Old 01-23-03, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Was there anyone in America last night who *wasn't* rooting for Bob? He didn't have the looks (or possibly the cash for that matter) but he had the best personality out of the bunch by far. And you know that he had no chance as well simply because he wasn't drop-dead gorgeous in Trista's eyes.

At first I was impressed with Trista. She's gorgeous, educated, has a sparkling demeanor, etc. But the last few episodes have really shown that she's just like any other gorgeous chick on the planet -- chasing looks, chasing money, chasing a-holes.

I thought the five guys who didn't get to go on the one-on-one dates were shafted hardcore. There's no reason to give three guys a HUGE advantage over the other 5 based on what her three equally-superficial friends think. I think Brian, the basketball player, would have most likely eeked into the top 4 over lame-songwriter-with-pretty-eyes-man had he had a significant amount of alone time with Trista.

Of the guys remaining, I hope the firefighter from Colorado wins, simply because I don't want the other three "my-sh**-don't-stink" dorks to win. He seems pretty damn boring because you have to pull the string on his back just to get him to talk but if he cock-blocks the other three guys, I'm all for him.

Of course, of the three remaining pompous asses, two of them are going to get their hearts broken and their egos smacked up a little. I hope one of them cries.
Old 01-23-03, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by das Monkey
Picking the turd with "the pretty eyes" over Bob was a bad call. So he's got great eyes. So what. Great eyes ain't gonna feed your baby!

Typical woman ... she says over and over that she doesn't want a guy who's too aggressive, and yet she fawns over the obvious players.

das

I agree completely!!

BOB was the man!! Humor is much better than "pretty eyes"
Old 01-23-03, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I caught only a smidge, but come one I dont know the guys name, but when Shamu was brought up his response was. "Was that a fat joke? Am I invited to dinner too." That was comedy.

"She's gorgeous, educated, has a sparkling demeanor, etc. But the last few episodes have really shown that she's just like any other gorgeous chick on the planet -- chasing looks, chasing money, chasing a-holes."

It took you that long to figure that one out? Trista is about as hard to read is a "See Spot" book. She will cling to her glory days as a sorority bimbo in college the rest of her life and the fact that she has (well now five) guys panning after her, only inflates her ego.
Old 01-23-03, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,924 Likes on 1,489 Posts
I think that they should have just picked two guys to go on individual dates with, especially if only 4 were moving on. The three guys that went on the dates were pretty much guaranteed a rose unless they majorly screwed up on their date, leaving one up for grabs for the other guys.

The basketball player was out after that awkward kiss that they shared. No way he was moving on. Ditto for the other two guys that got almost zero air time (the blonde guy and the guy with the sideburns). Bob at least stood out, but couldn't compete with the eyes (and nose).

I like how Charlie seemed more impressed by the car than by the date. He seems like the kind of guy that would be in it more for the publicity than anything else. Russ is just kinda creepy and controlling. Ryan... doesn't seem like a firefighter...

I missed the beginning. Is that other girl from the Bachelor really her friend, or did they just bring her in to tie the shows together?

I bet the winner of the first bachelor wished she got second place (like Trista) instead...
Old 01-23-03, 02:14 PM
Banned

She kicked some good ones off. Russ? Yeah, a jackass but I think she ends up with Charlie.
Eyes? She should strip them down and make her decision that way.
Old 01-23-03, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

here's a link to bob's bachelorette diary. it's really a shame he got booted. seems like a really good guy...

www.fatamy.com
Old 01-23-03, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

oh yeah, in other news...apparently trista's pregnant already...

i'd bet a good chunk of change that it's charlie. i don't know if he's as genuinely a good guy as he acts or if he's just a better faker than russ, but it's not going to be the other 2. ryan's just not smart enough. other guy has "eyes".
Old 01-23-03, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Talk about a ho looking for a kid....pregnant already...was it a shotgun wedding or what.. (or is she not married)
Old 02-05-03, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Ding Dong, the dude has had his ego shattered! *Chuckle*

The one to not get a rose was
Spoiler:
Russ who thought being combative is the way to a woman's heart. What a goon. I'm so glad to see him get the boot.
Old 02-05-03, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

How does this Russ guy have "pretty eyes"?? They are all droopy and He looks like he's asleep all the time.

Any women on this board want to try to explain this one to me?

rob

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.