Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

friends 1/16/03

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-03, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
friends 1/16/03

the episode itself was pretty lacking for me except for molly the nanny!!!!! wow!!
Old 01-16-03, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

missed it! just completely forgot...nothing great happened??? i thought something was going to become of dylan mcdermott's character and rachel?
Old 01-16-03, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The guy is not Dylan McDermott. I don't know who he really is, though.

Eh, it was ok. Or at least, on par with the quality of the rest of the season's episode.

And, basically,

Spoiler:
Pheobe does something weird with baby rats, Joey lusts after the hot nanny, and Ross keeps trying to prevent him from "doing" her. It turns out the nanny's a lesbian. Jokes are made about Monica's OCD thing about cleaning, and Chandler amuses himself with helium and disco songs. Rachel kisses whathisface and Ross finds out. The audience goes, "Awww". Roll credits.
Old 01-16-03, 11:09 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
I thought is was slightly funny in a lame kind of way.
Old 01-16-03, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts
I am a fan of the series, but this show is getting bad! They need write Joey in more and break up Chandler and Monica. Chandler was funnier when he was single. Last season was one of the best. Maybe they should have had the series finale last season. I laugh all the time when I watch the first two seasons on dvd. The show doesn't seem that funny any more.
Old 01-16-03, 11:32 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Originally posted by freedexter
The guy is not Dylan McDermott. I don't know who he really is, though.
Dermot Mulroney

It was ok. If the past 2 weeks were anything like the show is going to continue to be NBC should have just let it die this year. Joey had a few funny moments but that was about it.
Old 01-17-03, 01:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I dunno about you guys but I had a blast with this episode.
Old 01-17-03, 01:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
not a terrible episode. The end was great with "the kiss" just the look on Chandler's face and Joey's reaction was hilarious
Old 01-17-03, 03:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Kal Jedi
I dunno about you guys but I had a blast with this episode.
i agree. i enjoyed it quite a bit too. i hope they keep it going for another 9 years.
Old 01-17-03, 07:51 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
The lame episodes continue, but gotta love the hot lesbians.
Old 01-17-03, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think Joey has become the funniest character on this show he now carries this show. Definite hot nanny
Old 01-17-03, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,655 Likes on 1,032 Posts
I enjoyed it. Several laugh out loud moments for me.

I like how they didn't use her name, they just called her "Hot Nanny" the whole episode
Old 01-17-03, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I didn't particular like this episode (okay, except for the hot lesbian nanny...I mean I am a GUY afterall). This is two weeks in a row of subpar episodes.

BTW, the nanny was played by Melissa George, who is set to star in NBC's Coupling, which is being groomed to take over from Friends when it finally calls it quits. I loved her in "Thieves", the short-lived ABC series with John Stamos from last year.
Old 01-17-03, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by MrX
Dermot Mulroney
oops, i ALWAYS get those 2 confused...
Old 01-17-03, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts
I actually liked a moment in this episode with Ross. I was shocked. The part when he was being a smart ass to Monica when she comented that the nanny had an "obvious" beauty, if you like that kind. I actually loved his delivery of his little speech. This is the first time in a very long time I enjoyed Ross' character.
Old 01-17-03, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
You guys'll have to let me know when something really happens, or if the storylines get interesting again... I've been sitting out this season so far...

Last year the writers thought they were doing the 2nd-to-last season. Now this is the 2nd-to-last, since they've decided to go yet another year... So basically nothing ever happens...

I've already seen the characters joke around and do nothing enough to last a lifetime, and I'm really only interested in seeing "what happens" to the characters...

And as long as the ending date is indefinite, nothing's gonna happen much, they'll just keep hitting the reset button...
Old 01-17-03, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by movieking
I didn't particular like this episode (okay, except for the hot lesbian nanny...I mean I am a GUY afterall). This is two weeks in a row of subpar episodes.

BTW, the nanny was played by Melissa George, who is set to star in NBC's Coupling, which is being groomed to take over from Friends when it finally calls it quits. I loved her in "Thieves", the short-lived ABC series with John Stamos from last year.
I thought she looked familiar.

OK episode but I want to see what happens with Ross and Rachel (as always)
Old 01-17-03, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by sherm42
I actually liked a moment in this episode with Ross. I was shocked. The part when he was being a smart ass to Monica when she comented that the nanny had an "obvious" beauty, if you like that kind. I actually loved his delivery of his little speech. This is the first time in a very long time I enjoyed Ross' character.
Well - fine - followed by the WORST of Ross. That final scene was just so rude and indicative of how LAME his character is. He still feels he should be with Rachel but clearly he doesn't deserve to be. Ross is the same lame, boring person he was at the beginning of the show (well also add a HUGE number of sad physical comedy bits). Rachel's character on the other hand has made huge strides from the spoiled girl who couldn't even serve drinks properly at Central Perk.

IMO - Joey has also done a huge amount of maturing since the start of the show (except when he is horribly dumbed down/regressed to "horny Joey" like the writers did to him in this epsiode). If anyone deserves someone like Rachel, Joey seems to possess the emotional maturity necessary.

Now we're going to have to hear Ross bitch, piss and moan for the next few months about Rachel being into someone else, neglecting the baby, not thinking wisely about her career, etc. Didn't we go through most this before with Tag AND Mark?

Last edited by rfduncan; 01-17-03 at 10:51 AM.
Old 01-17-03, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts
Originally posted by adamblast
You guys'll have to let me know when something really happens, or if the storylines get interesting again... I've been sitting out this season so far...

Last year the writers thought they were doing the 2nd-to-last season. Now this is the 2nd-to-last, since they've decided to go yet another year... So basically nothing ever happens...

I've already seen the characters joke around and do nothing enough to last a lifetime, and I'm really only interested in seeing "what happens" to the characters...

And as long as the ending date is indefinite, nothing's gonna happen much, they'll just keep hitting the reset button...
I agree with you 100% I stopped watching the show too. Are we sure the show has the same writers this year? Because the writing is TERRIBLE now! I know a lot of people will argue that the show has been bad for a while. But it's never been this bad. No matter how hard those actors try, the lines just fall flat one after another. It's just not funny. And a little sad. Especially given how sharp the show and writing used to be (again, IMO). This time last year I was one of the many people hoping the show would stick around for a while. Now? It think it's time to call it a day.
Old 01-17-03, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The ending was f-in lame. So now we're back to the Ross/Rachel tension thing. Great.
Old 01-17-03, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The nanny...

I agree that the rest of the episode was rather lacking...although I must admit I wasn't paying too much attention..
Old 01-17-03, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: A secret rebel stronghold in the Republic of San Marcos
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Fiction or not, seeing a continuation of this will-they-or-won't-they, other guy/ other girl relationship tango now that there's a kid involved only succeeds at one thing:

Making me uncomfortable.
Old 01-17-03, 04:18 PM

Originally posted by movieking
i hope they don't push this too much. nbc already has a couple of sitcoms better than friends (the whole rest of the thursday lineup). i don't need another company trying to force me to like something that is new and improved while there is already something that is great ie scrubs.
Old 01-17-03, 06:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by adamblast
That's funny because I'm the exact opposite with this show. I couldn't care less about the ongoing soap opera plot or "what happens" next to the characters. I just want to get a few chuckles out of the show and move on.

The "what happens" stuff is what annoys me most about this program. The fact that after all this time they are *still* working the Ross/Rachel angle with no clear direction (even with them freaking living together with a baby) is amazing to me.
Old 01-17-03, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

My tagline says it all...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.