Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Trailer Park Boys

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-12, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Anyone ever watch Trailer Park Boys?

Tried to get into it, but never could, and being a Canadian, it was pretty much required viewing. I plan to go back to it eventually to give it another try.
Old 01-30-12, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you find no humor in Jim Lahey's shit analogies, then you just might be missing your funny bone.
Old 03-04-13, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

apparently they are trying to get the series started back up after the new movie, possibly on netflix
Old 03-04-13, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A new movie? Spiffy!
Old 03-04-13, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts

Yes. Love the show. Love the movie. I've spent time in trailer parks. A lot of it is exaggerated. A lot of the details are very real. I love seeing real stuff in there - like how people turn 2-liter soda bottles into their regular glasses. Or the skanky stuff the women do. Smoking the end of used cigarette butts. It's the little things that blow my mind.
Old 03-05-13, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Saw the live show in Chicago just before Xmas (completely sold out, by the way). They mentioned doing a new Trailer Park Boys movie.

They also have a new pay-per-view web site called https://www.swearnet.com/ which ties into their new Swearnet movie.
Old 03-05-13, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

It's funny in spots but I've never been a particularly big fan.
Old 03-05-13, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

There was also this on their forum ...

"So tonight at the Toronto motorsports expo, the boys made a qna appearance, and when asked about another season, mike smith just said that for legal reasons he cannot say yes or no, but also went on to say that if there was not another season coming, that he shouldn't have a problem talking about it, and hinting that there would be more to come. Robb also mentioned that there WILL be more TPB news coming in the near future!!!"
Old 03-05-13, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,027 Likes on 726 Posts

Good audio interview here: http://www.680news.com/2013/02/12/trailer-park-boys/
Old 03-05-13, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

I was disappointed by the first season, but it definitely improved in subsequent seasons. I especially like how they changed Bubbles.
Old 03-05-13, 09:46 PM

ya Mike Smith definitely grew into Bubbles and made him one of my favorite characters ever
Old 07-05-13, 02:44 PM

TORONTO -- Ricky, Julian and Bubbles of the Trailer Park Boys film and TV franchise are returning for an eighth season of the cult Canadian TV series.
But this time the trio, played by Canadian actors Robb Wells, John Paul Tremblay and Mike Smith, will be streaming online.

The move follows Wells, Tremblay and Smith purchasing the rights to the Trailer Park Boys TV series from the show's original producers, Mike Clattenburg, Barrie Dunn and Mike

The Trailer Park Boys ended their Canadian TV run in 2008.
The eighth season, set to start shooting later this month, will stream on Wells, Tremblay and Smith’s new Internet channel, SwearNet.com, where the new-season announcement was made.

“While the three of us have moved on to different TV and film projects, the Boys are the only ones with the intimate knowledge and love of the show to keep Trailer Park Boys alive and well," said Clattenburg in a statement.

The rights deal does not include the third Trailer Park Boys movie, tentatively titled Trailer Park Boys 3: Don't Legalize It, which recently finished production.
Wells, Tremblay and Smith did pick up the rights to the first two Trailer Park Boys movies.

Their Canadian mockumentary portrays three petty crooks followed by a documentary crew as they get up to no good in the fictional Sunnyvale Trailer Park.
Old 07-05-13, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 186 Likes on 129 Posts

They just pulled this from Netflix streaming, very disappointed. I was on the final season of the show and loving every second of it.
Old 07-05-13, 10:18 PM

The announcement of the new season is classic TPB.
Old 07-05-13, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

SwearNet.com - lol

The shit barometer predicts a shit wind is a-comin'
Old 07-07-13, 12:21 AM

ive watched this show from start to finish at least 5 times. its one of my fav comedies of all time. sucks netflix pulled it...i was about to watch a few episodes after reading this.

great news about it coming back. even though the final seasons werent great it was still better than nothing.
Old 03-05-14, 01:38 PM

Yesssss

Only On Netflix: Canada's Incomparably-Entertaining Trailer Park Boys Return For Seasons 8 & 9 Beginning This Fall

TORONTO and BEVERLY HILLS, Calif., Mar 5, 2014 (Menafn - Canada NewsWire via COMTEX) --Celebrated Canadian Comedy Brand To Expand To All Netflix Territories on March 31 via exclusive international franchise distribution deal with Entertainment One

Trailer Park Boys, the greatest-ever Canadian comedy series, has found a new home on Netflix, the world's leading Internet TV network, via Entertainment One (eOne). All new episodes featuring the inimitable trio of Ricky, Julian and Bubbles, as well as all past seasons of the series, will be exclusively available to Netflix members in Canada, the U.S. and in all other Netflix territories around the world.

After taking a break, the boys return with their one-of-a-kind brand of substance-fueled scheming, with Season 8 of Trailer Park Boys, ten all-new episodes, premiering exclusively on Netflix later this year. But first, the latest seasons will be added in Canada and the U.S. while Seasons 1-7 will be available for the first time in the UK, Ireland, Netherlands, the Nordics, and Latin America.

"We're thrilled that the boys are back and that their loyal fans will have full-access to all their antics on Netflix robust platform. The Trailer Park Boys are Canadian legends and their brand has an incredible fan following at home and around the world. We are looking forward to seeing their global success explode as Netflix rolls out fresh content and old favourites," said Patrice Throux, who oversees global Film operations for eOne, distributors of the franchise. "Netflix is undoubtedly the perfect home for the boys and we're delighted to partner with Netflix to export the trailer park to audiences all over the world."

"There's no other trio quite like Julian, Ricky and Bubbles and we're thrilled to be the new home for these beloved hellraisers," said Sean Carey, vice president of content acquisition, Netflix. "Our US and Canadian members love Trailer Park Boys and we're excited to take their unique brand of humor to our markets throughout the Americas and Europe."

It's been several years since the cameras have followed Ricky, Julian and Bubbles around the Sunnyvale Trailer Park and there have been some significant changes: Ricky recently harvested an enormous weed crop which he has successfully hidden in the walls of his trailer, Julian has opened a bar and gym in his trailer and Bubbles is in the process of opening what he calls a 'Shed and Breakfast' business.

In addition to the series, Netflix will debut three standalone specials: Community Service Special, Swearnet Special, Trailer Park Boys Xmas and two all-new feature films: Trailer Park Boys 3: Don't Legalize It and Swearnet, which will come to the service following their theatrical premieres this year.

Netflix members will also be able to catch up on all their favourite Trailer Park Boys moments when the entire Trailer Park Boys collection, including all seven seasons as well as two Trailer Park Boys specials, is available on the platform worldwide.
Old 09-09-14, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts
Re: Last "Trailer Park Boys" episode to air this sunday

Season 8 released on Netflix a few days ago, plus a movie came out over the summer (Don’'t Legalize It) and season 9 coming in 2015.

I'm getting drunk as fuck tonight. Drunk as fuck! Trevor...Corey...smokes! Lets go!

Old 09-10-14, 01:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,027 Likes on 726 Posts

Season 8 is right back into the swing of things. I'm really enjoying it!
Old 09-10-14, 02:45 AM

i liked season 8 but it seemed a bit off. also no Ray made me sad, hes my fav character next to lahey.
Old 09-10-14, 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by chino77
i liked season 8 but it seemed a bit off. also no Ray made me sad, hes my fav character next to lahey.
Ray's absence was explained in Don't Legalize It.
Spoiler:
The movie started off with his funeral "memorial" but at the end Ricky gets a videotape and it's Ray. He faked his death for the life insurance and is living the high life in a dump. I believe it was about $11,000 and in Florida but don't remember exactly.

I loved this new season. Every character was on their game. The Rickyisims might have been some of the funniest ever.
Old 09-10-14, 07:31 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Halfway through the season now and loving it. Great to see the old gang back together.
Old 09-10-14, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Keith6601
Ray's absence was explained in Don't Legalize It.
Spoiler:
The movie started off with his funeral "memorial" but at the end Ricky gets a videotape and it's Ray. He faked his death for the life insurance and is living the high life in a dump. I believe it was about $11,000 and in Florida but don't remember exactly.

I loved this new season. Every character was on their game. The Rickyisims might have been some of the funniest ever.
yea i found that out on imdb last night. hopefully he comes back somehow next season.
Old 03-31-16, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Has anyone seen Trailer Park Boys? (from Canada)

Just finished up season 10.

Might have been the best one so far. The finale certainly was great
Old 04-09-16, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts
Re: Has anyone seen Trailer Park Boys? (from Canada)

Yea. That finale was a fucking powerhouse. Left me feeling great this evening.

This is on Netflix now.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.