Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Alias 01.12.2003: "the Lover's Mission"...err...I mean "the Getaway"

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-03, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,671 Likes on 1,042 Posts
Two best parts were Jack kicking the crap out of the guys in the movie theater and Vaughn stabbing the guy in the neck.

Nice to see someone other than Syd kick a little ass.
Old 01-13-03, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Draven
Vaughn stabbing the guy in the neck.
This was my favorite part too... I was thinking "Man, this pretty boy is dang-erous!"
Old 01-13-03, 12:25 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guess what kids? That post Super Bowl eppy? A bit of a surprise for ya.

They're pulling a HUGE switcheroo on us!! Sneaky ABC.

The
Spoiler:
Ethan Hawke
episode isn't airing till sweeps. They have replaced Episode 13 'Double Agent, with Episode 14 'Phase One' to air immediately after the Super Bowl.

Reason why: JJ Abrams says there will be a SHOCKER of emmense proportions at the end of the eppy. And to keep it under wraps, they fooled us a bit. Supposedly it starts off with a big bang as well. I thought it was interesting when the first Super Bowl press release came out that JJ didn't write the episode. Now he is. And notice how spoiler]Ethan Hawke[/spoiler]wasn't mentioned at all during last night's new promo?

Details below (slight spoilers):

From ABCMedianet

Spoiler:
SYDNEY AND JACK SCRAMBLE TO GET INFORMATION ON THE NEW DIRECTOR OF SD-6, WHO IS APPOINTED WHEN SLOANE GOES MISSING,
ON A SPECIAL POST-SUPER BOWL EPISODE OF “ALIAS,” SUNDAY, JANUARY 26 ON ABC

Spoiler:
Rutger Hauer (“Blade Runner,” “Nighthawks”)
Guest Stars as the
Spoiler:
New SD-6 Director

“Phase One” --
Spoiler:
Sydney and Jack are confronted by the new director of SD-6 (Rutger Hauer, “Blade Runner,” “Nighthawks”) who replaces a missing Sloane, whose whereabouts -- and intentions -- are unknown. Meanwhile, romantic sparks begin to fly between Francie and Will,
on a special post-Super Bowl edition of “Alias,” SUNDAY, JANUARY 26 (approx. 10:15-11:15 p.m., ET/7:15-8:15 p.m., PT), on the ABC Television Network.

Editors please note: This episode replaces the episode entitled “Double Agent” which had been scheduled for this time.

“Alias” stars Jennifer Garner as Sydney Bristow, Victor Garber as Jack Bristow, Ron Rifkin as Arvin Sloane, Michael Vartan as Michael Vaughn, Lena Olin as Irina Derevko, Bradley Cooper as Will Tippin, Merrin Dungey as Francie Calfo, Carl Lumbly as Marcus Dixon, Kevin Weisman as Marshall Flinkman and David Anders as Mr. Sark.

Guest starring are Terry O’Quinn as Kendall, Greg Grunberg as Weiss,
Spoiler:
Rutger Hauer
as Geiger, Elizabeth Penn Payne as techie no. 1 and Ira Heiden as techie no. 2. Remaining guest cast to be announced at a later date.

“Phase One” was written by J.J. Abrams and directed by Jack Bender.

Classified by Agent Cling, Security Section
Old 01-13-03, 12:59 PM

I'm not sure I like the "new" Weiss. It's as if they said "we need an overweight person to do comic relief on the CIA side of things", so they retooled the Weiss character. Boo.
Old 01-13-03, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally posted by SweetP
Guess what kids? That post Super Bowl eppy? A bit of a surprise for ya.
They're pulling a HUGE switcheroo on us!! Sneaky ABC.

[snipped "slight" spoilers]
While I don't normally get my panties in a bunch where spoilers are concerned, this is one of two shows where I avoid them religiously [Buffy's the other]. Tremendous thanks for the info, but please, next time use the spoiler tags. [Yes, I realize you typed "(slight spoilers)"]

Thank you.
Old 01-13-03, 01:11 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What Rogue said. We appreciate the news, but when you mention guest stars or plot points, please put them in spoiler tags... details can be found in the thread stickied to the top of the TV Talk Forum.

Crap, I guess I should go back and put spoiler tags around the
Spoiler:
Ethan Hawke
references too, huh?