Reload this Page >

Without A Trace 1/9

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Without A Trace 1/9

Old 01-10-03, 01:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 918 Likes on 641 Posts
Without A Trace 1/9

Did anyone catch this? I know most of the country is tuning into ER at this point but I have been recording one and watching the other. Lately I think this show has been pretty good. It really does have some twists in the plot. I really did not expect the little girl to die. Usually for most media that is a big no-no. If kids do die we never get to know them.

I really liked the other episode about the Iranian doctor.

Anyone else enjoying this show?
Old 01-10-03, 06:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I really like this show as well, and I am glad to see it back after a couple of weeks off. Anyone know if it will get renewed for next year?
Old 01-10-03, 09:20 AM

I'm glad someone posted a thread on this, 'cause I was going to.

I can't BELIEVE the blonde girl died. That took me by surprise. Added some real darkness to this episode. That mere fact that the writers and producers put this to film makes me think that this show is unafraid to pander to the lowest common denominator. Without a Trace is to 2002/03 what ER was to TV 9 years ago.
Old 01-10-03, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 918 Likes on 641 Posts
I have no idea how it is doing but I don't think that they will get rid of it anytime soon. Thursday is a very good time slot to be in for CBS.

Pezboy: thats a good comparison because I remember people being shocked at what they saw on ER. Maybe its not quite on the level of ER but give it time.
Old 01-11-03, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wasn't surprised that the blonde girl died, but I didn't expect the second girl to get snatched. When she faded out before the commercial, I was really pumped. "Twists" on shows are usually ridiculously predictable and annoying, but I was pretty engaged at the added dimension to the episode at that point. Very well done and an excellent performance from Poppy Montgomery.

das
Old 01-11-03, 02:29 PM

I like the show as well, not A LOT, but it's a reasonablly enjoyable way to spend an hour.

I was wondering how long it would take before the FBI failed to retrieve someone. It seemed like every week someone goes missing and every week the FBI saves them...it really drained the show of any suspense, so from that perspective it was a good episode.
Old 01-11-03, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

This isn't the first missing person they didn't retrieve.

das
Old 01-11-03, 02:51 PM

Received 774 Likes on 504 Posts
This is the first episode that I missed. I'll try to find an episode synopsis somewhere else (unles one of you fine people would like to do one for me).

Normally I record W/oAT and watch ER with my wife. But his time I used the VCR upstairs (with VCR+) and i recorded ER... the TVGuide numbers were screwed up.

DARN IT!

BTW, I think it was in the fourth or fifth episode that they found the missing person (model) dead... the one that had the sub story with Charles Dutton. 2 out of 11 is still 81%...
Old 01-11-03, 03:28 PM

It's the first one i've seen where they didn't retrieve someone...although i remember one where some guy fakes his death at the end, that doesn't really count.
Old 01-12-03, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I think that it was great that someone died (not to be morbid), but it adds more to the show. To actually find the missing person every week unharmed doesn't seem to be that realistic. But if they find out the missing person is actually killed early on in the show, it essentially ends the show, since they would have to turn the case over to homicide (hence the second girl getting kidnapped, thus ensuring that they would keep the case after the discovery of the dead body of the first one). Great show though, probably one of the top dramas on the air now.