Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

No more "NewsRadio"?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-03, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No more "NewsRadio"?

I see it's no longer in upcoming listings on A & E or any other channel when I search tv.yahoo.com. Does that mean no more reruns as of the new year?

That would suck. It's the rare show that actually remains funny on repeat viewings. Wish Columbia/TriStar would release them to DVD.
Old 01-06-03, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's probably my favorite syndicated afternoon show. I miss Phil Hartman
Old 01-06-03, 06:09 PM
Suspended

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I've noticed that since last November. But no doubt, this ought to puch Columbia/Tristar to release them quickly.....
Old 01-06-03, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wouldn't be so eager. Personally, I am disappointed by Columbia/Tristar's TV-to-DVD releases. I think it was hideous the way they crammed 22 episodes of "Mad About You" onto two DVDs, with sub-par video. If you are going to buy a DVD, one would expect superior or at least very good video quality, or at least extras like commentary or behind-the-scenes stuff.

I, for one, would hope that if/when Newsradio comes out on DVD, it gets the proper treatment it deserves, instead of sad butchering and barebones DVDs.
Old 01-06-03, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by SuperJim88
I've noticed that since last November. But no doubt, this ought to puch Columbia/Tristar to release them quickly.....
As of just a couple of weeks ago, A & E was still running two episodes twice a day.

I agree that C/T should do it right. 22 episodes on 2 discs is ridiculous. They don't need to give us audio commentaries or lots of extras, but proper A/V quality for the presentation isn't asking for too much.

I also hope that if C/T does release NewsRadio on DVD (and they'd be silly not to), they give us full season sets and not the "Most Outrageous Episodes" crap they're doing for Married...with Children.

These studios need to take after Fox when it comes to releasing TV programs on DVD.
Old 01-06-03, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

About A&E not showing NewsRadio... already covered here:
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...ight=newsradio