Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

24: Season 2 - Hour 7 - 12/10/02

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-02, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Definitely a better episode with less Kim.
I trust no one anymore thanks to this show! I am suspect of everyone. I thought for a minute Mike might be involved in all of this after last season when Palmer went against his political backers but now I am not so sure. You can't trust Lady McPalmer no matter what happens. All I know is I am hoping for a cat fight sometime this season between LP amd Lynn and if they really want to make it interesting throw Kim in there with the skimpy undies!!!!
I think Nina (at least from the preview i saw) was planning on coming back after she had escaped to use the gift card
Old 12-11-02, 12:29 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Great episode last night.

With The Sopranos season over, this is my most anticipated show now. Every week has been a stellar episode!
Old 12-11-02, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Really enjoying this show after not seeing a minute of Season 1, which I'm still kicking myself for.

Strongest part of the episode was Mason saying goodbye to his son. Odd that he let him know that he was dying but didn't mention that it was going to be within the next day or two.

Honk!
Old 12-11-02, 12:57 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Aw, I really liked the Mason + LittleMason storyline. It's probably over already, but it was nice. A little character development for our favorite hardass.

Does it seem like it's taking Tony + TokenBlackAgent longer to drive back from the Warners' place than it did for them to drive there? Speaking of TBA, I'm surprised he's still alive. I expect him to get capped the second a shot is fired anywhere in the same building as him, though.
Originally posted by Willy
I think the card was a 50 gift card.
Maybe Neener was invited to the wedding, too, but didn't have time to pick anything up? Oh well, it's cancelled now, so she'll have a few more days to shop around.
Originally posted by slop101
I hope the radiation turns Mason into the Incredible Hulk.

C'mon, it happens to superheros - look at Daredevil...
I'm pretty sure Daredevil's super-powers just come from him being blind and the rest of his senses being heightened... I don't recall him being exposed to radiation.
Old 12-11-02, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally posted by Static Cling
I'm pretty sure Daredevil's super-powers just come from him being blind and the rest of his senses being heightened... I don't recall him being exposed to radiation.
Matt [DD] Murdock was exposed to radioactive waste as a canister fell out of a truck that was about to hit a blind old man. Matt pushed the old man outta the way and the contents of the canister blinded him and later heightened his remaining senses.

Of course, this is the CLASSIC Stan Lee and Bill Everett origin. Who knows what Marvel has planned once the flick opens up...

[/hijack]
Old 12-11-02, 01:25 PM

I guess I'll chime in, too.
Good episode.

Was stumped about the gift card, too. But, I assume Nina used it to take out (but not kill) the Sherf guy since she had no other weapon at her disposal. When they went to commercial, after they raided the gift store, I thought at first it was a sinister plot to free Nina (sacrificing the people at the store), making her some sort of mastermind behind this whole bombing. That would've been neat.

Trust no one. It's difficult to speculate on this show because the writers could, conceivably, make any scenario work. But from previous experience, the writers seem to throw out a lot of loose threads/subplots and tie them all up one by one.
The wifebeater/Warner plot tie-in seems logical, for instance. I guess we'll learn about Nina's scar, how the Warners+Reza are connected to the nuke, how the wifebeater is connected, etc. later.

I also agree with Patman, I think Marie's in on it. I think she set up Reza and Bob. She's the mastermind. It's just so out there that it makes sense.
Old 12-11-02, 01:27 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally posted by Jadzia
I think it's unrealistic that the President would be so concerned now with who is working against him in the administration. Hello? Can't you worry about that, say, tomorrow? I think the nuclear bomb is the more urgent threat.

It just seems somewhat sef-absorbed of the President to be worried about his staff's loyalty right now.

Of course, unless a member of his staff WANTS Los Angeles to be be annihilated. But the impression I'm getting is it's just an internal poilticial power play, not a terrorist who is trying to overthrow the government.

I don't know about that: if there are forces that are working against the President, their actions might jeopardize chances of actually preventing the nuclear strike by placing their goals ahead of everything else.

If Rayburn represents an ounce of what the opposition is like:
- willfully sacrifice CTU as collateral damage
- be more concerned about "covering their asses" AFTER the nuclear strike rather than doing everything possible to stop the attack itself and prevent panic (one example is preparing a retalitory strike when the incident hasn't even happened yet)

In the first few episodes, it seemed like Rayburn already wrote off Los Angeles.

Hence, the travesty isn't that the opposition is hoping for the strike to happen, but that they might make covert decisions that covers their asses (but reduces the chance of stopping the bomb) rather than taking chances to prevent the strike from happening in the first place. Throw in news that isn't passed on (ie CTU bombing), or if information is passed on with a biased slant to it, and this seriously degrades the President's ability to make decisions.

However, it's still up in the air if there are forces working against the president, or if it's a ruse or part of a plan on Lady Palmer's part. Lots of conjecture still
Old 12-11-02, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Static Cling
Maybe Neener was invited to the wedding, too, but didn't have time to pick anything up? Oh well, it's cancelled now, so she'll have a few more days to shop around.
are you sure the wedding gift isn't why she has scars?!

my brother and i both want kim to get hit by a frickin' bus. (i did indeed like the fact that she was barely in this episode..)

i read somewhere that Kate Warner was added as a new love interest for Jack. i'm thinking the same might be the case for Lynn and Palmer.. it's not evident now, but after Lynn kicks the ex-wifey's ass, he'll be all over her.

for those of you saying that Nina used the card to knock that guy out... HOW?! i don't see it...

speaking of which, how do we know that the guy Nina led them to was not somebody she just wanted to get revenge on... maybe he was a key witness, or something... somebody she needed to get rid of.. (of course, the obvious question there is why did she just knock him out, instead of killing him?!) who knows...?! we'll be finding out soon, i hope!

anybody happen to know if/when this show will NOT have a new episode on?! i'm hoping they just do a straight season without showing a rerun..
-di doctor-
Old 12-11-02, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

over winter break, but instead of reruns they will show some fox special.
Old 12-11-02, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

By the way it's great seeing two ex-Star Trek gals together: Lynn (TNG's Ensign Ro) and Sherry Palmer (DS9's Cassidy Yates).
Old 12-11-02, 04:13 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally posted by DrRingDing
for those of you saying that Nina used the card to knock that guy out... HOW?! i don't see it...
I'm guessing it might be used in the future to open a door of some sort (sort of like using a credit card to slid a lock open) or perhaps it was already used to open that door leading downstairs when Nina tried to make her escape?
Old 12-11-02, 04:56 PM
MrN
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The convoluted coincidences continue...

I don't buy the spouse/child beater finally killing his wife and putting her body in the trunk while he drives around town. If he was planning on leaving town, he would have just left the body at home. He seemed as calm as a serial killer than just a violent guy.
Old 12-11-02, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally posted by MrN
The convoluted coincidences continue...

I don't buy the spouse/child beater finally killing his wife and putting her body in the trunk while he drives around town. If he was planning on leaving town, he would have just left the body at home. He seemed as calm as a serial killer than just a violent guy.
Murder is a lot easier to prove when you have a body. He was probably planning on ditching/crushing/etc the car and hoping the body would never be found.
Old 12-11-02, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Rogue588
Matt [DD] Murdock was exposed to radioactive waste as a canister fell out of a truck that was about to hit a blind old man. Matt pushed the old man outta the way and the contents of the canister blinded him and later heightened his remaining senses.
Quick Trivia: the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' origin is unofficially tied to that origin... in the Turtles' comics, the cannister falls into the sewers, onto Splinter and the Turtles, turning them, well, mutant. Other similarities: Daredevil fights ninjas named "The Hand", while TMNT fight ninjas named "The Foot"; Daredevil's mentor was "Stick", while TMNT's mentor was "Splinter."Of course, TMNT isn't a Marvel comic, so it isn't official.
Old 12-11-02, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Jadzia
By the way it's great seeing two ex-Star Trek gals together: Lynn (TNG's Ensign Ro) and Sherry Palmer (DS9's Cassidy Yates).
I had exactly the same thought Tuesday. Two formidable women playing two formidable roles. That's good to see.

Maybe Nina wants to use the gift card for a new kidney?

If we're going to keep up in Stan's Marvel tradition of radiation causing superpower mutation (it was a radioactive spider's bite that started Petey Parker up, remember...), maybe if there's a blast, Kim can become a giant and all her clothes will fall off, a la Attack of the 60 Foot Centerfold.

Last edited by Buck Turgidson; 12-11-02 at 07:19 PM.
Old 12-11-02, 10:07 PM

Paraphrasing, of course....

Nina: "Are you crazy, Jack!? He'll put a bullet in me and then turn the gun on himself!"
Jack: "Don't worry, Nina.....we won't let him turn the gun on himself."

Ya gotta like Jack!

Also I liked seeing him struggle with his emotions before finally cuffing Nina.

What was the name of Mr. Warner's accountant? Larry was it? Larry...Gary... ??

gtr986
Old 12-12-02, 02:34 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
A late night thought

Spoiler:
Does anyone think it's possible the connection between Gary, the wifebeater, and Warner is Carla, the dead body in the trunk, is another Warner daughter. They're all have a similar apperance and if Jack and Kate become involved as rumored it could lead into a minor story into the second half..
Old 12-12-02, 04:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

An intriguing idea, Senor X. It would be straight out of Plot Convenience Playhouse, but that would hardly be a surprise.
Old 12-12-02, 05:09 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I like this season better for some reason..The pace is much quicker than last year

There not "milking" a storyline at nauseaum like they did last year with Kimmy being kindapped and whining constantly..

She's a "babe" but even I would have killed her at some point just to shut her up..

Ps..Did anybody else notice a couple of weeks ago when she was running down the streets of L.A and her boobs were bouncing all over the place??

That was some of the best television ever...Eat your hear out Bo Derek!!
Old 12-12-02, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally posted by shanester
Ps..Did anybody else notice a couple of weeks ago when she was running down the streets of L.A and her boobs were bouncing all over the place??
For real??!?!

Seriously though, I think this is why we put up with her as much as we do. [Well, the boys anyway. And maybe one or two girls...]
Old 12-12-02, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
MrX, that would explain the abundance of blondes on this show this season.
Old 12-12-02, 09:14 AM

My question: can Nina still use the gift card when everybody in the store is dead?

I'm actually curious what the card was/is for. They did not show her using it to incapacitate the fellow she was meeting, so maybe it has some other use?

I fear that Mason's got only a few episodes left. Until then, I demand that the show give me MORE MASON!

The Warners scheduling the wedding on the nuke day still makes me wonder if they're in on it. Unless... the wedding is in the immediate "kill zone"... Bob Warner (and maybe Marie?) invite people to the wedding they'd like to see eliminated... Bob and co. plan to skip out 30 minutes prior to the wedding.

Or, maybe this whole thing is a plot designed to fail but in some way be used to induce Palmer to resign.
Old 12-12-02, 09:21 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
It was a phone card, not a gift card.
Old 12-12-02, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Is Sarah Wynter the blond girl who thinks that guy who wants to marry her sister is a terrorist??

She looks familiar where have I seen her b4??

Ps..Sorry I haven`t learned all the new charater names yet..
Old 12-12-02, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Mittman
How is that possible? Unless you show the same hour from the perspective of 24 different characters . . . but that would get boring.
That would be sorta like the movie Magnolia, but 24 different points of view would be a little much. Magnolia had about 6 or 7 and it was complicated enough.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.