Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

24: Season 2 - Hour 7 - 12/10/02

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-02, 10:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
holy ****, great episode, in the previews for next week,
Spoiler:
i wonder why the fbi agents were holdin a gun to jack?

I hate you. Spoiler tags added. - Static
Old 12-10-02, 10:11 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Mantecore: put the preview content in spoiler tags, please.
Old 12-10-02, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No Kim until the 53 minute mark. Good thing too, she stinks up the show. However, I don't hate Kim nearly as much as I hated Keith Palmer from S1. He was annoying to no end!

Also, what day of the week does this take place on? My first inclination is Saturday, since most weddings happen on a Saturday. But then, why was the whole CTU staff on the job early that day? Doesn't Tony Almeda get weekends off? Seems like a lot of people on the job for a Saturday. Not the only plot hole here, but maybe others have been thinking about this too? Anyone have any ideas?
Old 12-10-02, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

50 Blissful Kim-free minutes.

I must be living right. Anyone care to speculate about Nina and her, uh, medical situation.
Spoiler:
I think she's given up a kidney somewhere along the line. Any ideas why or for who(m)?
Old 12-10-02, 10:37 PM

That was a great episode! I loved how Jack just threw Nina in there with the guy. Very strange that Nina apparently knocked him unconscious. I guess it did give her a chance to escape from what she thought would be Jack's wrath.

After every commercial I was cringing that we'd cut away to Kim, but thankfully that didn't happen til the end.

How long will it be until there is a citywide panic? It seems someone new is told to leave LA every episode because of 'something bad'.
Old 12-10-02, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts
Ok, we saw Nina grab a card off of the table. It looked like a calling card or something, was it? What did she use it for? Or is that coming next week?

Glad to see Kim get no time. Her stuff it boring. It wasn't hard to guess what was in the trunk.
Old 12-10-02, 10:45 PM

I think the card was a 50 gift card.
Old 12-10-02, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I'd bet money that the wife beating/killing dad is the tax attorney for Bob the terrorist dad, and that's who Kate was talking trying to reach on the phone after Tony took Bob and Resa to CTU.

Brian

Last edited by bdshort; 12-10-02 at 10:50 PM.
Old 12-10-02, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The knowing look that Bob gave Kate is the tip-off that Bob's up to no good. Keep your eyes on not only Bob, but Marie, she's in on it, I can smell it. Marie probably "recruited" Reza, got him to fall in love with her, and becomes a fall guy in the bigger drama. I also wouldn't doubt it if Gary (wife beater/murderer) is tied to the Warners in same way.

I speculate that Kate will be trying to save her family, only to dig up more dirt that scares her even more, and somehow she'll end up with Jack on the trail for her dad's terrorist connections.

Even though I still have my suspicions about Lynn, she's got plenty of style, and I enjoy her "work". The standoff she had with Lady McPalmer is good stuff.
Old 12-11-02, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

this show just gets better and better every week. Next week's episode looks to be very interesting.
Old 12-11-02, 02:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

A prediction about Lynn:

She's clean. Just a gut feeling. Remember this in May and pat me on the back or laugh at my silly naivete. Whichever one fits.
Old 12-11-02, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Venusian
good episode cuz not much of kim.
Yeah, what he said.
Old 12-11-02, 08:21 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts
Re: A prediction about Lynn:

Originally posted by Buck Turgidson
She's clean. Just a gut feeling. Remember this in May and pat me on the back or laugh at my silly naivete. Whichever one fits.
I'm inclined to agree that Lynn is on the up and up.

Does anyone think Mike (Pres. Palmer's chief of staff, formerly his campaign manager) is in on Lady McPalmer's plot? We have to remember that the people who supported Palmer for President aren't likely to just write off their investment and walk away. I bet they're working through Lady McPalmer, and perhaps through Mike as well. Maybe Mike and Lady McPalmer are working together, or maybe they each don't even know that the other is working for the same people. I just get a feeling about Mike.

Less Kim = good.

I couldn't tell whether the mark on Nina's back was a surgical scar or a scar from some prior injury/torture. We don't really know her motivation here, yet. I'm sure the genesis of that scar has a lot to do with it.

The scenes between Mason and his son may have been "filler", but it was important character development IMO. Mason is getting ready to die, he wanted to set things right with his son (as much as he could), and now he's free and clear to do what he has to do (which I believe will be to kill Nina after she helps Jack find the bomb).

A solid episode.

Last edited by Bandoman; 12-11-02 at 08:27 AM.
Old 12-11-02, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by bdshort
I'd bet money that the wife beating/killing dad is the tax attorney for Bob the terrorist dad, and that's who Kate was talking trying to reach on the phone after Tony took Bob and Resa to CTU.
"I need information on my father's books." Good idea, never considered that!

Originally posted by Deftones17
It looked like a calling card or something, was it? What did she use it for?
I think Nina used it to kill the guy she was supposed to meet. Jack finds him "down" when they go in for the raid of the "thrift store". This explains when Nina's video charm necklace stopped working - she yanked it so no one could see her kill the guy she was meeting. The whole story was a rouse she created so she could attempt a REAL escape.

Originally posted by CitizenKaneRBud
Iwonder how Kim and Miguel are going to get out of that jam. They probablyshouldn't have taken the wife-beater's car in the first place.
They stole the car because Kim left Gary's wife's SUV at CTU after the explosion and Miguel had taken a taxi to meet her at the hospital (he lent his car to a friend).

Originally posted by Mourn
That's what i remember...there was a present (i assumed for the wedding),that the wife-beater made his wife come home and wrap. It had to be wrappedin a "special way," so i assumed it wasn't harmless.
Same here, but there was no confirmation that that is where Gary was going. We can assume that he was going to attend Reza and Marie's wedding from the info mention in hour 1 or 2.

Is anyone a little confused about what the roundtable with Palmer, Sherry Palmer, Mike and Lynn? I can't figure out WHO is being flushed out. Is Palmer playing them against each other to find out who is lying about what and for whom?

I expect Nina is going to be around at least until hour 20. What IS that scar about?

THANK GOD we didn't have to hear Megan whine incessantly, "Kim, my head hurts!" Of course, Kim being the fantastic, protective au pair that she is lets a little girl who probably has a serious head injury/concusion to fall asleep in the back of the car. Isn't that the 1st big no-no with head trauma? She sucks.

Last edited by rfduncan; 12-11-02 at 08:34 AM.
Old 12-11-02, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally posted by rfduncan
I think Nina used it to kill the guy she was supposed to meet. Jack finds him "down" when they go in for the raid of the "thrift store". This explains when Nina's video charm necklace stopped working - she yanked it so no one could see her kill the guy she was meeting. The whole story was a rouse she created so she could attempt a REAL escape.

THANK GOD we didn't have to hear Megan whine incessantly, "Kim, my head hurts!" Of course, Kim being the fantastic, protective au pair that she is lets a little girl who probably has a serious head injury/concusion to fall asleep in the back of the car. Isn't that the 1st big no-no with head trauma? She sucks.
As far as the guy that Nina was supposed to meet
Spoiler:
he's still alive. There's been no development as far as that card...yet.

Kim showed up shortly after my initial post. [I KNEW i'd jinx myself dammit]

And as far as her sucking....Moving to Mature
Old 12-11-02, 08:59 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally posted by rfduncan
"I need information on my father's books." Good idea, never considered that!.
Bob told Kate to call his tax attorney, but Kate called her Private Eye again, who had left for the day, and spoke to the guy's boss instead. Either way, Kate was going to check her father' financial records, which should be interesting (for once) for next week.

Jack checked the guy and said he was unconcious after they raided the store.

They stole the car because Kim left Gary's wife's SUV at CTU after the explosion and Miguel had taken a taxi to meet her at the hospital (he lent his car to a friend).
The SUV was left in the alleyway - Kim and Megan took the bus to CTU.
Old 12-11-02, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm probably the only person here who wants it this way, but I hope Nina escapes in the end and kills Jack. I'm sick of the good guy winning all the time. All this crap about doing good and stuff; just let Nina take Jack out and escape, and then come back in the 3rd season. Or if Jack wants to come back in the 3rd season, let her kill Mason and Lynn (somehow).
Old 12-11-02, 09:21 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts
Originally posted by greydt
Kim and Megan took the bus to CTU.
The CTU Express bus!
Old 12-11-02, 09:34 AM

Originally posted by Groucho
Anybody who has seen Se7en knew what was in the trunk.
What's in the trunk? WHAT'S IN THE TRUNK??
Old 12-11-02, 10:08 AM
wiz
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Chopper
What's in the trunk? WHAT'S IN THE TRUNK??
Spoiler:
The kid Kim is watching, her mother beaten to a bloody pulp by the kids's father whose car they stole after Kim's boyfriend beat him up with his judo leg kick.
Old 12-11-02, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Hmm, I guess I'm retarded because I'd actually like to see more of Kim's story and less of the President's stuff.

All the president scenes were soooo boooorrring. They all go pretty much like this:
Person 1: I think you are up to something. *stares intensly for 5-15 seconds*
Person 2: I'm not! I'm good...maybe. *stares intensly for 10-20 seconds*
*Cue dramatic music and zoom to someone in another room watching the two people talk*

At least Kim's story is straight forward and has a bit of suspense.
Old 12-11-02, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
what is good now is that now kim and company will get arrested and go back to LA and get blown up fried crispy by the nuke.
great episode
Old 12-11-02, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Rypro 525
what is good now is that now kim and company will get arrested and go back to LA and get blown up fried crispy by the nuke.
great episode
One can only hope.
Old 12-11-02, 11:43 AM

Originally posted by Patman
The knowing look that Bob gave Kate is the tip-off that Bob's up to no good. Keep your eyes on not only Bob, but Marie, she's in on it, I can smell it. Marie probably "recruited" Reza, got him to fall in love with her, and becomes a fall guy in the bigger drama. I also wouldn't doubt it if Gary (wife beater/murderer) is tied to the Warners in same way.
I agree completely. I have been smelling complicity between Marie and Bob for the last couple of episodes. Reza has been set up as the dupe...

It'll be interesting to see what goes on at CTU during their questioning. I am liking this plot line more and more as the show goes on.
Old 12-11-02, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I think it's unrealistic that the President would be so concerned now with who is working against him in the administration. Hello? Can't you worry about that, say, tomorrow? I think the nuclear bomb is the more urgent threat.

It just seems somewhat sef-absorbed of the President to be worried about his staff's loyalty right now.

Of course, unless a member of his staff WANTS Los Angeles to be be annihilated. But the impression I'm getting is it's just an internal poilticial power play, not a terrorist who is trying to overthrow the government.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.