TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Alias 12-1

Old 12-01-02, 04:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alias 12-1

Post your opinions and comments here!! Starts in a few hours!
Old 12-01-02, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Can't wait for this episode. Looks like a good one!!!
Old 12-01-02, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Not only can I not wait to see tonight's episode.....I cannot wait to see it for the first time in High Definition!!!!
Old 12-01-02, 07:09 PM

Originally posted by djones6746
Not only can I not wait to see tonight's episode.....I cannot wait to see it for the first time in High Definition!!!!
lucky, i just bought a hdtv, but my cable company doesn't offer anything in hdtv, so 2morow im going to call direct tv and talk to them about it, Did you notice a much better difference? cause its going to cost quite a bit to upgrade to it
Old 12-01-02, 10:29 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 254 Likes on 192 Posts
ok episode IMO. What was up with the way spy family was shooting those machineguns? I'd also like to thank ABC for apparently spoiling next weeks episode in the preview if what happens is true.
Old 12-01-02, 11:11 PM
nny
DVD Talk Special Edition

That ending was so incredibly bad. In addition to how lame the firefight was, rarely have I seen a song so poorly used. Of course I'm biased because I didn't like that song until they used it for Roswell's second season finale. Now I always associate that song with that final scene from Roswell.
Old 12-01-02, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Mantecore
lucky, i just bought a hdtv, but my cable company doesn't offer anything in hdtv, so 2morow im going to call direct tv and talk to them about it, Did you notice a much better difference? cause its going to cost quite a bit to upgrade to it

As good or better than watching a dvd.......I did not have to pay for much except a small upgrade to my high def cable box. ABC, NBC and CBS have high def channels as does HBO.
Old 12-01-02, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by MrX
ok episode IMO. What was up with the way spy family was shooting those machineguns? I'd also like to thank ABC for apparently spoiling next weeks episode in the preview if what happens is true.
It was fun watching the whole family spraying bullets with those machine guns. It's just so out there.

Also, that scene with Irina in the train, wow! It's fun watching Jack squirm watching Irina's hot body.

Last edited by mookiemeister; 12-02-02 at 12:00 AM.
Old 12-02-02, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by nny
That ending was so incredibly bad. In addition to how lame the firefight was, rarely have I seen a song so poorly used. Of course I'm biased because I didn't like that song until they used it for Roswell's second season finale. Now I always associate that song with that final scene from Roswell.
Yeah. "Walk On"? WTF? Did they just have extra money lying around and decided to pick a U2 song just for kicks? That was so misplaced!

I love the scenes with the family though. Especially when they are all in disguise, it's hilarious to see Jack's horrible disguise. I was ROTFLMAO.

Nice to know Dixon is still alive. Honestly, for a secret agent, the guy doesn't get out much.

The finger scene....eeewww! What it is with Sloane and dismembered fingers? If I recall correctly, the last 2 parter also involved some of that gore.

The preview for next week was a total spoiler. I haven't forgotten that this is ABC - home of the "psych out" previews. I doubt it will really be like they made it seem. And the lame titles..."Operation Peace Keeper" and whatever they called next week's episode...ugh.

I did like the announcer's little thing..."The family that spies together dies together". LOL.
Old 12-02-02, 12:41 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 254 Likes on 192 Posts
Originally posted by mookiemeister
It was fun watching the whole family spraying bullets with those machine guns. It's just so out there.
I'm talking about the way they were holding them. I cringe when people shoot them holding the gun at their sides. It just looks better when you hold them like they're supposed to.

Originally posted by freedexter
Especially when they are all in disguise, it's hilarious to see Jack's horrible disguise. I was ROTFLMAO.
I can't believe I forgot about that. His mustache was really bad.
Old 12-02-02, 01:27 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally posted by freedexter
Yeah. "Walk On"? WTF? Did they just have extra money lying around and decided to pick a U2 song just for kicks? That was so misplaced!

The preview for next week was a total spoiler. I haven't forgotten that this is ABC - home of the "psych out" previews. I doubt it will really be like they made it seem. And the lame titles..."Operation Peace Keeper" and whatever they called next week's episode...ugh.

I did like the announcer's little thing..."The family that spies together dies together". LOL.
Perhaps all of this is part of ABC's grand scheme to attract "non-viewers".

As far as the ep goes...it was okay. I really miss the weekly cliffhangers from last season. Other than that, really nothing much to say...

Oh yeah...how bout letting a CIA contact actually survive an episode? If not, just put 'em in red shirts and get it over with...jeez.
Old 12-02-02, 02:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did Marshall say "Please dont kill me" to Sark?
Old 12-02-02, 06:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts
Originally posted by ravan
Did Marshall say "Please dont kill me" to Sark?
Oh how I love Marshall, he just kinda threw in the 'don't kill me' line. Okay episode hopefully it was simply a setup for major things happening next week. Random question though - is this the first time we've actually seen Sydney kill someone? I know she's held a gun like twice but I can't recall if she's ever killed anyone on screen.
Old 12-02-02, 07:37 AM

I loved the episode, but i love them all. C'mon... what brings a disfunctional family together more than letting loose hundreds of rounds.

How cheesy, but awesome was vaughn's line, "It stock ticking on oct 1, the day I met you." (or something like that). that guy has game!!!!
Old 12-02-02, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The best part of last night's episode was to watch Irina yank Jack's chain with so little effort. Jack would jump Irina in a heartbeat if there were no repurcussions because he's still got the hots for her.

Jack is probably yanking Sloane chain with Emily's dead body to keep him distracted and pre-occupied. That was sort of expected, to see her ring finger delivered in a box to SD-6. I'm sure security already x-rayed it and knows a finger was in there. Gruesome...

I noticed a larger sense of James Bond type of music played throughout the episode, and the impending danger music cues being played right before a commercial break.

The Will-Vaughn angle is going to pay off big, and Will's going get him a job in the spy biz sooner or later.

If Irina is to be trusted, it was smart of her to not let Sark know of the double-agent status of either Jack or Sydney, that gives her an internal bargaining chip for this current contingency. If Sark knew (and he still well might), then it might be all too easy for him to slip up in some capacity and give Irina away. The less Sark knew, the better it was for Irina (who doesn't strike me as a person who gives away bargaining chips carelessly).

There were a few "family" shots (leaving the holding cell), and "the family that shoots together, stays together" shot that were just a bit too cute. At least they didn't end the episode with being captured, but went ahead and got them out of that tight spot, and then had them walk into the darkness (sort of like in the ending in
Spoiler:
Fellowship of the Ring with Sam and Frodo marching towards the towers.
)
Old 12-02-02, 11:53 AM
Banned

Last night was the first time I had ever seen Alias. (Im an Angel fan!). I liked the show alot, even though I had no clue what was going on most of the time. Now that Angel has moved timeslots, Im going to watch Alias more, maybe I can even figure it all out before the season ending episode. =/
Old 12-02-02, 08:30 PM

Great episode, i love when the mom kissed jack, i was laughing my ass off, next week looks awesome though, and the whole family action was sweet!
Old 12-02-02, 08:34 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by nny
Agreed on all counts. The "shooting from the hip" thing is unwise because of its inaccuracy, and they should know that, being superspies and all that. Plus, I sure as hell wouldn't just be standing there, firing madly... I'd be finding some cover.
Old 12-02-02, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Lateralus42
Last night was the first time I had ever seen Alias. (Im an Angel fan!). I liked the show alot, even though I had no clue what was going on most of the time. Now that Angel has moved timeslots, Im going to watch Alias more, maybe I can even figure it all out before the season ending episode. =/
Ditto... I wish there was an Alias box set so I could figure out what the hell is going on. It was good (except for the firefight... that... was... lame... they might as well have played a Dido song).
Old 12-02-02, 10:17 PM
Banned

I was thinking the same thing as Rouge. Maybe this is there idea of dumbing the show down a notch to appeal to everyone and the machine gun fire was their way of doing with the family gun fire and all.
Not a great episode but still a cut above.
I thought the song was lame too. My roomated walked in and said, what is this, the WB?
Old 12-02-02, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally posted by cooper2000
I was thinking the same thing as
Rouge.
It's ROGUE ROGUE ROGUE!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Sorry 'bout that.
Old 12-03-02, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Snapperhead
How cheesy, but awesome was vaughn's line, "It stock ticking on oct 1, the day I met you." (or something like that). that guy has game!!!!
Ugh, I absolutely hated this scene! It was groan-worthy. It was the first time I really felt sick of the whole Vaughn/Sidney relationship.

Glad I wasn't the only one who thought that was the worst use of music in this episode.
Old 12-03-02, 01:03 PM
Admin Emeritus

Seriously. What the hell was that line about? I wanted to like that line, but I had no idea what it even meant.

"The same day I met you, my dad's watch broke. Pretty spooky, huh?

Wanna make out?"
Old 12-03-02, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The line was just to show how meeting Sydney totally shook up his hum-drum tick-tock existence, so much so, his dad's watch, which kept perfect time up to that point, just up and died. It's a "sign" for Vaughn. Whether anyone else puts any value in his observation is one thing, but from his character's point of view, it meant the life as he knew it was now changed forever on that very day when he first met Sydney.
Old 12-03-02, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Patman
The line was just to show how meeting Sydney totally shook up his hum-drum tick-tock existence, so much so, his dad's watch, which kept perfect time up to that point, just up and died. It's a "sign" for Vaughn. Whether anyone else puts any value in his observation is one thing, but from his character's point of view, it meant the life as he knew it was now changed forever on that very day when he first met Sydney.
That may be so, but the line was still really hokey.

I agree, music wasn't really well done in this episode. But then again, there were lots of times I didn't feel the music fit in last season too. Abrams has a tendency to way overdo the music in his shows (a la Felicity). Oh well, at least I like his taste in music...usually.

Best line of the night: Marshall - "Hi. Welcome. Don't kill me."

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.