TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Angel moving

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-02, 09:41 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Angel moving

The WB announced Angel is moving into Birds of Prey old timeslot starting in January. The new time is Wednesday at 9ET.
Old 11-25-02, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good. I hated the Sunday timeslot.
Old 11-25-02, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts
I liked the old timeslot. It was something good to watch on Sunday.
Old 11-25-02, 11:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

many a show has died a horrible death by having a Wednesday night timeslot... this sounds like the WB kiss of death to me... although I guess pairing it with Dawson's Creek won't kill the show...hopefully it's fans will follow it's change... anytime a network changes a shows timeslot around a few times, it ends in cancellation...

MATT
Old 11-26-02, 01:13 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by mdc3000
many a show has died a horrible death by having a Wednesday night timeslot... this sounds like the WB kiss of death to me... although I guess pairing it with Dawson's Creek won't kill the show...hopefully it's fans will follow it's change... anytime a network changes a shows timeslot around a few times, it ends in cancellation...

MATT
I think it's a good move. I thought Sunday would be a death slot with it up against Alias and the Sopranos. I think it will have an easier time surving here.
Old 11-26-02, 01:45 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

This is a smart move. The move to Sundays in the first place was stupid on the WB's part. At least now with the move to Wednesdays it doesnt' ahve much competition. Amazing Race should be off by then, and at least for me, I hate Life With Bonnie.
Old 11-26-02, 06:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Sopranos Season 4 is done in 2 weeks. The only competition is Alias in the 9 p.m. slot on Sunday.

It looks like I'll get 2 more hours of sleep come this January...
Old 11-26-02, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Life with Bonnie is on Tuesday.

Not a big fan of this move. I hated the move to Sunday too. It got very crowded with Angel, Criminal Intent, The Sopranos, and Alias. I'd bump The Sopranos to the West Coast feed, watch Alias live in HD-TV and record the others. This move frees my Sunday up a bit, but now my Wednesday is packed again. I'll have to catch the lame MTV repeats of Fastlane.

Wednesdays at 9pm was one of the most contested timeslots this season, but I guess with The Bachelor 2 and The Amazing Race 3 finishing up, that lightens the load a bit.

das
Old 11-26-02, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Yup, I have no idea what the networks will pop in that timeslot when Amazing Race is done and the Batchelor 2 is now done. Most will still watch The West Wing (which I don't, so not a problem for me).
Old 11-26-02, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah, I love Angel, but The West Wing takes higher priority for me.

das
Old 11-26-02, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Patman
Sopranos Season 4 is done in 2 weeks. The only competition is Alias in the 9 p.m. slot on Sunday.

I'm sure Six Feet Under will be starting in the Sopranos slot soon enough, so I'm happy Angel is leaving Sundays.

I also had to grab HBO on the midnight showing so I couldn't watch it until Monday. With all the shows I tape on Sunday, I usually did not catch up watching them all week. Alias, I really enjoy and I've been having to watch it later in the week.

Maybe now Angel is on Wednesday I can finally get rid of The Twilight Zone.
Old 11-26-02, 09:42 AM
Banned

I think it's a good move. I had to tape Angel and watch it later because Alias was on.
Havent had anything to watch on Wednesdays since Felicity left the air.

From what I have read, I think Angel was doing pretty good on Sundays conisdering the competition. Not that far away from Buffys ratings.
Old 11-26-02, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 172 Posts
Originally posted by das Monkey
I'll have to catch the lame MTV repeats of Fastlane.
If the show is lame, why watch it?
Old 11-26-02, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It's a good thing that Amazing Race should be over by then. Otherwise, I'd be really torn.
Old 11-26-02, 10:51 AM

Why they just don't put it on Tuesday at 9 (after Buffy) is beyond me!
Old 11-26-02, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

• Quoth GuessWho •<HR SIZE=1>If the show is lame, why watch it? <HR SIZE=1>

The show isn't lame, but the repeats on MTV kinda suck. MTV is by far the worst channel when it comes to staggering start times of shows so you miss the beginning or end of something. Combine that with their hand in the death of the good music, and I try to avoid watching anything on there if I don't have to.

das

P.S. I too had read more than once that Angel was doing well on Sundays despite the genre competition. I hope it's moving because they have confidence in its strength.
Old 11-26-02, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

6 Feet Under won't start up until March. We'll get 8 week's of the final season of Oz starting in January on HBO.
Old 11-26-02, 02:10 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Doug Heffernan
Different Networks.
Old 11-26-02, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah, I don't think the WB will be moving Angel into Smallville's 9 p.m. slot.
Old 11-26-02, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm glad to hear this. I missed this season entirely due to my local channel airing Angel at 11 pm on Sunday nights. When the World Series was on, Angel was pushed back into the wee hours of Monday morning. Since I didn't know when to set my vcr due to the shows being pushed back, I figured I'd just wait for the reruns. I didn't know there wouldn't be any after the last episode aired a couple of weeks ago.

I can't wait for it to come back on so I can see what I missed. Wednesday nights are much better for me.
Old 11-26-02, 05:12 PM

This is great, cause i always had to tape angel cause i would watch Alias, Great news!!
Old 11-27-02, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

I usually have to tape the few shows I watch anyway, so my only concern is how will the move affect the ratings... Angel has been holding strong, maintaining its modest fan base. Wed is a pretty weak tv night (Amazing Race 3 has been doing bad) so maybe they are hoping Angel will preform even better on a lackluster night. Hope fans latch onto the move.
Old 12-02-02, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My WB channel started showing Angel reruns last night at the same 11 pm time slot. I don't know if they plan on moving it or not. I'm going to call them and see.
Old 12-02-02, 10:42 AM

Originally posted by MrX
Different Networks.
And a HUGE "DUH" to you! Would "different networks" prevent WB from putting Angel on at 9pm on Tuesday - right after the 8pm Buffy on UPN???? sheeeesh!
Old 12-02-02, 02:34 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

And a HUGE "DUH" to you! Would "different networks" prevent WB from putting Angel on at 9pm on Tuesday - right after the 8pm Buffy on UPN???? sheeeesh!
Common sense would prevent the WB from moving Angel to that Tuesday slot. The WB has their best night of the week Tuesday so why screw with it by moving Angel there. The intent of moving Angel to Sunday in the first place was to kill the show. The WB is still bitter about Joss taking Buffy to UPN and up against Alias, L&O, for the first part of the season the Sopranos, and at the time the WB announced the switch it was rumored that was the time Firefly, another Joss show, was going to air it felt it could kill the show, and hurt Firefly, instead of giving up on it last season when UPN would have had to pick it up.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.