TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

News on Firefly, Prey, Race, Angel, More

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-02, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
News on Firefly, Prey, Race, Angel, More

http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=13848

“Firefly” may finish its first season, “Birds of Prey” probably won’t, and “Angel” makes it official.
*First the good news on “Firefly," from an insider we’ll call “Gunther”:
OK, no real names please, but because of the networks enthusiasm for Ariel, both in it’s writing and the stunning visual effects work, Firefly has been given the order for production, (not just scripts,) for two more episodes, meaning the rest of the back 9, (7 more episodes,) will most likely be picked up as well… Call me Gunther!

* We note the news of the two-episode order has since been confirmed over at Variety, which also relates that insiders say “Birds of Prey,” despite its huge debut numbers, will not make it past 1.13. Read the whole mad tale here.
* Perhaps to help fill the BOP vacuum, the WB has picked up new episodes of the hiatus-y former Fox sitcom "Grounded For Life," according to The Hollywood Reporter.
* Despite its brutal timeslot, "Amazing Race" has been picked up for a fourth season by CBS.
* ABC is developing a series prequel to the feature actioner "Speed." Wacky!
* "Sliders"/"Sports Night" hottie Sabrina Lloyd will join NBC's "Ed" as a lawyerette who helps build the title character's law practice.
* Finally, “Angel” producer Mutant Enemy just made official what we’ve known since that “Freakylinks” guy fled the show in August: that “Angel’s” new showrunner is “X-Files” vet Jeffrey Bell, a writer-producer who first joined “Angel” last season.
Old 11-19-02, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: News on Firefly, Prey, Race, Angel, More

• Quoth ten41 •<HR SIZE=1>* "Sliders"/"Sports Night" hottie Sabrina Lloyd will join NBC's "Ed" as a lawyerette who helps build the title character's law practice.<HR SIZE=1>

Crap ... now I have to go back to watching this silly show.

das
Old 11-19-02, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Never left Ed, so it'll be fine and dandy! Plus, it might just kick Ed in the backside to move on from Carol.
Old 11-19-02, 12:55 PM

Great news about 'The Amazing Race 4' !!!

Chris

add: and I just realized about the news for 'Grounded for Life' that it will move from FOX to the WB. I was wondering where the hell the show had gone. They took it off for the baseball playoffs and it has not been back. It's a damn good show, with clever writing.

Chris

Last edited by mrpayroll; 11-19-02 at 12:59 PM.
Old 11-19-02, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: News on Firefly, Prey, Race, Angel, More

Originally posted by ten41
* Perhaps to help fill the BOP vacuum, the WB has picked up new episodes of the hiatus-y former Fox sitcom "Grounded For Life," according to The Hollywood Reporter.
What DID happen to this show? FOX gave it an early (read late Sept when everyone ELSE launches their whole new season line ups) season premier and then it disappeared? I really thought this show with Bernie Mac made a great hour block of family comedy. Guess Cedric the Entertainer (ick...) bumped it out to make an "African American" block instead. Glad WB is taking it then - I'll watch!

Glad about Firefly too!
Old 11-19-02, 01:29 PM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts
Re: Re: News on Firefly, Prey, Race, Angel, More

Originally posted by das Monkey
• Quoth ten41 •<HR SIZE=1>* "Sliders"/"Sports Night" hottie Sabrina Lloyd will join NBC's "Ed" as a lawyerette who helps build the title character's law practice.<HR SIZE=1>

Crap ... now I have to go back to watching this silly show.

das
Awww, come on das...

Great to hear this. I was kind of worried that it might not make it through this season.
Old 11-19-02, 02:02 PM
Banned

FIREFLY!!! Its going to be amazing if Firefly does in fact have a full season and there is a Season 1 DVD release in the future. Its going to kick butt! =)
Old 11-19-02, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Already heard about the FIREFLY news elsewhere...I really hope the FOX execs give the show a chance. By far my favorite new show of the season.

Old 11-19-02, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yep, Firefly is my favourite new show too...
I can't really explain why, but I just enjoy it more than the rest.

I still have Everwood taped and plan to watch it, so that might take the top spot eventually.
Old 11-19-02, 05:36 PM

Good news about Firefly. Not a full season, but it's better than nothing. Fox is, apparently, listening.

Excellent news about The Amazing Race. I will never understand why this show isn't more popular.
Old 11-20-02, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by immortal_zeus
FIREFLY I really hope the FOX execs give the show a chance. By far my favorite new show of the season.

I definitely agree I love this show I think it is far better than John Doe. Yeeehaaaaa