Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

24: Season 2 - Hour 3 - 11/12/02

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-02, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Patman - I agree with you too. Was thinking about the billing thing. ALTHOUGH did they not screw around with that convention in the 1st season when the lesbian who blew up the plane in the 1st episode turned out to only be in the first 3 episodes?
Old 11-13-02, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Re: 24: Season 2 - Hour 3 - 11/12/02

• Quoth lwhy? •<HR SIZE=1>What do you mean by doing your best lwhy? impression? <HR SIZE=1>

I think he was kidding about you being a little trigger-happy when it comes to starting these threads.

das

P.S. I think he was also mixing in a J6P impression by calling it "the most compelling hour of television."
Old 11-13-02, 10:04 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm going to go cry now. Read the exchange between MJ2938721350927502830529342 and me.

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...&pagenumber=11
Old 11-13-02, 10:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ouch! Spoilered in another thread.

Re: Kate-- there are some spoiler type things on the 24 web site that hint as to the magnitude of her role in the series.

I loved this episode. Fantastic how they kept ratcheting up the tension. And what I care about most is that the characters tended to act believably.

Comments:
1) How long does it take to evacuate CTU? These are trained agents! It seemed like there were more, not less, people in the room as time went on.
2) I can't stand the weaselly-character thing with Rayburn, but we'll how it plays out. I can't imagine Palmer will show much patience with him.
3) I agree with huzefa-- Mason has hero/martyr written all over him.
4) Was one of the bombs planted in the room where Teri was killed last year?
Old 11-13-02, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

• Quoth Static Cling •<HR SIZE=1>I'm going to go cry now. Read the exchange between MJ2938721350927502830529342 and me.<HR SIZE=1>

They just never learn. Speaking of which, with Buffy coming down the home stretch, it's probably time for me to avoid those threads until the show goes off the air. Still, nothing can protect you from the "Left Field Spoiler" like the one you just got.

das
Old 11-13-02, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by doughelm
4) Was one of the bombs planted in the room where Teri was killed last year?
I thought the same thing. I only counted 1 explosion. Were all three bombs detonated with the same timer?

Also, I just wanted to kill Kim and that girl already. They were driving me nuts last night.
Old 11-13-02, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Can someone tell me what the "bride" is from? I've seen her before.
Old 11-13-02, 12:14 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally posted by Snowmaker
Can someone tell me what the "bride" is from? I've seen her before.
The most notable thing I've seen her in was The Faculty.
Old 11-13-02, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally posted by das Monkey
I've pretty much become desensitized to the absurdity of this show, but here's one that made me laugh:

The guy in the back of the van is packing heat (and flashing it to the camera, no less), and no one even makes effort to check these guys out before sending them into a government building? I mean, he did open the van and proclaim, "aw, shucks, Boss ... mighty few people back in this here truck." Reminds me of the security guard at the South Park Mall - "move along ..."

das
Yeah, this was the one "whoops" in last nights episode that really stood out to me. They check the badge of the driver, but no one else in a government facility? And after things look suspicious because of the amount of workers, they STILL don't ask for badges.
Old 11-13-02, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Re: Re: Re: 24: Season 2 - Hour 3 - 11/12/02

Originally posted by das Monkey
• Quoth lwhy? •<HR SIZE=1>What do you mean by doing your best lwhy? impression? <HR SIZE=1>
I think he was kidding about you being a little trigger-happy when it comes to starting these threads.
A little?
Old 11-13-02, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Tee hee!
Old 11-13-02, 12:44 PM

Comments:
1) How long does it take to evacuate CTU? These are trained agents! It seemed like there were more, not less, people in the room as time went on.
I don't think that they are all trained agents. I am guessing, like in any gov building that most of them are regular folk with normal office jobs (since it is an office). For example, Jamie from last year, or Rosanne's kid from this year...and they are both high up on the ladder in that building and they have preatty much zero training. Guys like Jack and Mason are probably rare even though it is agency with many highly trained agents...They all just don't work in the building...
Old 11-13-02, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Groucho
The most notable thing I've seen her in was The Faculty.
That's it!! Thanks.
Old 11-13-02, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Let me make sure i have this spoiler down right. I want to make sure i don't ruin anything for someone that may not have seen this.

Spoiler:
Jacks wife died

That's for those of you that may not have watched it yet.
Old 11-13-02, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by JuryDuty
And after things look suspicious because of the amount of workers, they STILL don't ask for badges.
I thought the guard told them that they could park and the rest of them would have their badges checked at main security... still it sounds completely lame considering Timothy McVeigh was able to blow up an entire BUILDING with just a van parked next to it.

BTW does Palmer just have a serious KNACK for picking losers as his close personal advisors? Yikes!
Old 11-13-02, 01:25 PM

Originally posted by Thrush
They were using relatively small C4 charges. They even placed one on a TV set. So I dont think they were trying to necessarily level the building as they were to disrupt CTU and put them out of commission for a while.
Except that the dude said "We're going to turn a government building into a cemetery."

That's not just a disruption.

And Kim goes racing around looking for the little girl, finally finds her about to be molested or worse and the girl says "I went looking for you!" -- After Kim spent 20 minutes saying "DON'T LEAVE THIS SPOT!" That little girl should be used as a human shield in the big shootout.
Old 11-13-02, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts
I am just going to post this about people(Patman) saying that I am trigger happy with posting my threads. I go to college for about ten hours a day the only time I have to start my threads is eight a.m. the day the show airs.

Last edited by lwhy?; 11-13-02 at 02:21 PM.
Old 11-13-02, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

well good news for non fans of the little girl and paula
Spoiler:
it seemed like that the little girl was injured in someway and paula is seriously injured because tony said in the prieview that they cant let her die since she was working on the codes.
this is what was seen in the little prievew of next weeks episode.

great episode.
Old 11-13-02, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

• Quoth lwhy? •<HR SIZE=1>I am just going to post this about people(Patman) saying that I am trigger happy with posting my threads. I go to college for about ten hours a day the only time I have to start my threads is eight a.m. the day the show airs. <HR SIZE=1>

You could always start the thread the day before the show airs, or even a week or month before. Then you wouldn't have to worry about it in the morning.

das
Old 11-13-02, 03:49 PM
AJW
DVD Talk Special Edition

My local station now shrinks the coming attractions to an unwatchable tiny window and mutes the sound so they can plug the local news that follows the show

So now I don't get to see the previews for 24 and John Doe and.....

I've already phoned and emailed them about my displeasure.
Old 11-13-02, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

if you wanna know, just read my little spoiler.
Old 11-13-02, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by JuryDuty
Yeah, this was the one "whoops" in last nights episode that really stood out to me. They check the badge of the driver, but no one else in a government facility? And after things look suspicious because of the amount of workers, they STILL don't ask for badges.
They did check the badges along with their toolboxes after they had gone past the first check point. If you look the area where the first were checked in did not seemed to be to damaged maybe it is like the airports where the parking has to be so far away fom everything else so as not to damage the actual facility. I know after the whole Mcveigh thing that you could not park in front of a goverment building. So that could be one excuse. Just doing my part to keep the show honest.
Old 11-13-02, 07:28 PM

Man awesome episode, very entertaining! cant wait to watch this on my new big screen tv im pickin up soon!
Old 11-13-02, 10:31 PM

Beyond that, a bomb explodes in a counter-terrorism office, a 17-year old and a 5-year old are standing in the middle of the rubble, and the counter-terrorism staffing are running by them without a single one stopping to help!
Old 11-13-02, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally posted by milksheikh
Beyond that, a bomb explodes in a counter-terrorism office, a 17-year old and a 5-year old are standing in the middle of the rubble, and the counter-terrorism staffing are running by them without a single one stopping to help!
Perhaps they read the "24" threads at DVDTalk.com?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.