Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Sopranos 11/10/02 - "Whoever Did This"

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-02, 10:00 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All I can Say is tony must be a hell of an animal Lover...WOW !
Old 11-10-02, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't understand why Ralph didn't go to Tony when he found out Paulie was the one telling Johnny Sack stuff over the phone. I knew Ralph was going to do once he started hitting Tony during the fight. Tony wouldn't let him get away with that. In the preview for next week it looks like someone else gets killed, most likely Johnny Sack.
Old 11-10-02, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Best.Episode.Ever. I knew it had to happen eventually but that's definitely not the way I expected.
Old 11-10-02, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Everybody thinks that Paulie might have set the blaze, but I'm still not sure that it wasn't Johnny Sacks who did.
Old 11-10-02, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

it cant be paulie, christopher said he knew for a fact that paulie was out of town. i dont think it was ralhpie though, it probably really was just a faulty lightbulb.
Old 11-10-02, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It's never just 'a faulty lightbulb' on the Sopranos... that lightbulb had a beef with somebody.
Old 11-10-02, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by firteen88
it cant be paulie, christopher said he knew for a fact that paulie was out of town. i dont think it was ralhpie though, it probably really was just a faulty lightbulb.
Just cuz Paulie couldn't have done it personally doesn't mean he didn't have someone else do it. I figured it was Paulie from the moment fire was mentioned, and my $ would still be on that, but from the way so many of the big things have been so unpredictable this season, hell, it could've been Carmela!
Old 11-10-02, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Or Valentina!
Old 11-10-02, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally posted by Dave Scarpa
All I can Say is tony must be a hell of an animal Lover...WOW !
I dont think thats the reason.

Notice the pictures on the mirror.
Old 11-11-02, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Amazing episode. By far the best of the season.

Anyone else notice the little Rolling Stones quote when Ralphie was talking to the priest..."Oh, were you around when Jesus Christ had his moment of doubt and pain?"
Old 11-11-02, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

When Tony wakes up at the end and Christopher isn't there and he walks out the door into the light did anyone else think he may have dreamed it? I know he probably didn't since the previews for next week have him asking if anyone has seen Ralph but could be cause the horse trainer also said she could find Ralph. Just my random thoughts
Old 11-11-02, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by JoeyOhhhh
I dont think thats the reason.

Notice the pictures on the mirror.
What was the significance of the pictures on the mirror? I couldn't tell what any of them were anyway, just looked like a bunch of naked women (nothing wrong with that though )

Can anyone recap the first 10 minutes of the show? I didn't start watching until Ralph's kid got shot with the arrow.
Old 11-11-02, 12:44 AM
Banned

The one picture Tony noticed was Trace, the stripper Ralphie killed last year. Watch that scene again, it's classic Sopranos, thanks to Chase's attention to details. The fireworks are just getting started!
Old 11-11-02, 12:53 AM

Originally posted by johnglass
What was the significance of the pictures on the mirror? I couldn't tell what any of them were anyway, just looked like a bunch of naked women (nothing wrong with that though )

Can anyone recap the first 10 minutes of the show? I didn't start watching until Ralph's kid got shot with the arrow.
As already mentioned, its a picture of the stripper Ralphie killed last season, that Tony was pissed about to begin with. At some point in their conversation, you can tell that Tony is talking about the horse anymore.

The first ten minutes had Junior fall down the stairs in front of the courthouse, and Carmela visiting the horse.
Old 11-11-02, 12:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
I think he was more pissed off about the horse. He loved the horse, like he loved the ducks. But when he was beating Ralph to death, he goes something like "you killed her" which could refer to the stripper or the horse.
Old 11-11-02, 01:02 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I agree that it was likely Paulie or Johnny Sacks who caused the fire. Both Paulie and Johnny had ill feelings towards Ralphie. Maybe they both worked together to set up Ralph, knowing that it would spell his (Ralph's) demise. But now Tony is the one in trouble. Maybe Johnny promised Paulie is own family if they could get rid of Tony. You know Paulie and Sacks have been half-cohorts during the season.

It appears that Ralph's "disappearance" will not sit well with both families, leading to a war. If T gets knocked out, Paulie could step in in his place.

That ep was just too good...
Old 11-11-02, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Also...it reference to next weeks preview...

I couldn't imagine this happening last week, but in light of this week's episode...

Do you think Furio would now kill Tony?
Old 11-11-02, 01:18 AM

I was just floored by this episode. Incredible. Hardly any soundtrack either and what a tone it set. Good lord, Tony and Chrissy where like Abbott and Costello pulling off getting rid of the body, I'm surprised he woke up after only an hour to go help him.

Did Uncle Junior get his ice cream? Poor guy doesn't want to have to fake being senile.

Everytime I see Tony eating though I am reminded of the restaurant scene in The Meaning of Life...the man is just going to explode.

No way that Carm killed that horsey!
Old 11-11-02, 01:20 AM

Originally posted by SirPablo
Do you think Furio would now kill Tony?
I think that Carmella is going to confront him about their feelings, and tell him she can't be with him, which in turn will make Furio think that if he kills Tony their forbidden love can no longer hold them back.
Old 11-11-02, 01:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
So where are all the "this show sucks this year" yahoos now? It's all about the set-up people

What a great episode.....still behind Pine Barrens in my mind, but amazing nonetheless.

One thing I can never get past is the seemingly blatant dead body crating-about that goes on. I remember many car rides going to buy some pot or something in my younger days that had me practically hyperventilating...and these guys are hot-wiring caterpillars in the dead of night to bury bodies!!! I suppose it's all relative....but it certainly adds to the vicarious suspense factor....man oh man.
Old 11-11-02, 01:39 AM

Daaaayum....
Tony is starting to lose it with his emotions. No more panic attacks, but many outbursts of violent rage.
Old 11-11-02, 02:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
• Quoth bgills •<HR SIZE=1>So where are all the "this show sucks this year" yahoos now? It's all about the set-up people <HR SIZE=1>

A search will reveal me saying that very thing at least once in each thread.

Anyway, another great episode. I absolutely love how this season is playing out. We had a lot of build-up, then an explosion, and now there will be fall-out. I love how things are slowly spiraling out of control on all fronts. Pardon the pun, but it's going to be murder waiting for the final season.

das
Old 11-11-02, 04:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Besides Ralphie does anyone think that Uncle Junior REALLY is losing it? He looked kind of disturbed when he got back in the house at the eind after asking for the ice cream from his neighbor.

I don't think Paulie has anything to do with the horse. I don't think he knew how much Tony liked that horse and how could he have known it would get Ralphie clipped?

Also did Christopher burn those clothes like Tony told him?

Next episode looks like Chrissy is in danger. I think Uncle Junior was referring to him when he said"There's no telling what he's liable to do in his condition if the Feds get a hold of him."
Old 11-11-02, 07:09 AM

I don't know about you guys, but didn't the music at the ending credits sound similer to the Halloween theme?

Guess it goes with it, what a freaky episode!
Old 11-11-02, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Rainet
I don't know about you guys, but didn't the music at the ending credits sound similer to the Halloween theme?

Guess it goes with it, what a freaky episode!
it was actually the music from Once Upon A Time In The West but it wasnt the Morricone version(orignal) except for that wailing harmonica

Last edited by Deke Rivers; 11-11-02 at 08:03 AM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.