Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Amazing Race (11/13)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Which team will arrive last at the pit stop?
Ken & Gerard (FF-1, FP-1,4,5)
0%
Andre & Damon "Team 911"
0%
Derek & Drew (FF-2, FP-2&3)
0%
John Vito & Jill (tie)
0%
Flo & Zach (tie)
11.11%
Teri & Ian (LP-2&3)
44.44%
Aaron & Arianne (LP-4&5)
44.44%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Amazing Race (11/13)

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-02, 01:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Amazing Race (11/13)

Please be aware that next week's Amazing Race has been pre-empted for the CMA awards, so the next episode airs on November 13th.

On the next AMAZING RACE:
Spoiler:
* Two Teams decide to work together and caravan their cars, but when one breaks down, the other drives off without helping, leaving the stranded Team resentful.
* Teams race ATVs through the Moroccan desert, and while one Team careens into a ditch, another crashes into a tree.
* Two Teams get into a heated shouting match over a cab.

And remember, "Just pretend there is a dozen glazed donuts at the bottom!"
Old 10-31-02, 10:44 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
Aaron & Arianne is my vote this time around, how amazing is it that only 2 teams have finished 1st. both sets of brothers

they are pretty consistent eh!
Old 10-31-02, 10:53 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Once again I voted for Teri and Ian aka "Team Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf."
Old 10-31-02, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i want teri and ian to make it to the final three but not win just because i enjoy hating them so much! it's fun to dis them and hate them.

on a more superficial note, i hope flo makes it to the end due to her hotness (although her personality is very ugly)...

i'm betting that aaron and arianne go next..
-di doctor-
Old 11-12-02, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Last day to vote.... new episode tomorrow night!
Old 11-12-02, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
two weeks without AR. i'm going through withdrawal.
Old 11-13-02, 07:42 AM
JLB
DVD Talk Special Edition

Don't forget that the 11/20 episode is being moved to 8:00 so that CBS can run the Victoria's Secret show against the final episode of the Bachelor. Check those TiVO to do lists......
Old 11-14-02, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hmmmm..... I wonder what the rule book has to say about being detained by authories.
Old 11-14-02, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I will be glad when Teri and Ian get the boot because Ian is just unpleasant to watch. If I were Zach, I would have fled any of the countries and left Flo to fend for herself. I wonder how scared team 911 was when they got stopped by the Moroccan official.
Old 11-14-02, 08:51 AM

I can't stand these "poll" post for multiple weeks

Having said that...

--With 3 teams going for the FF, wouldn't it make sense for a team to figure out only one team will get it, so just go on with the next task and you'll at least be ahead of the team that doesn't get the FF first? As soon as Flo and Zach lost the rock-paper-scissors, I knew they wouldn't be in last place.

--Just when I warm up to Ian with his MacGyver-like gas switcheroo last week, he has to start mouthing off again. "When I make a decision, it's a decision!" Wonderful. Bring back the Gutsy Grannies--at least they were old people I liked.

--Zach is the most patient bastard in the world. While Flo is high-maintenance, I will admit her hotness is a plus. I look forward to some more water-based activites involving her. Keep in mind they can still go for the FF...

--Ken and Gerard are in the final 3, no question. They haven't argued or gotten lost or missed a train/ship by 5 minutes or anything. They just need to break away from their clique.

--John Vito and Jill are becoming my favorite team. They seem to really work well together. I like the rock-paper-scissors game for the FF; very honorable. I bet they make the final 3.

--Team 911 must go! They are an absolute embarrasment to the game, their race and their professions. "Our strategy is we'll just follow them" Great. Nice theory. That should get you far. Of course they'll probably go for the FF next week...following Jill and John Vito they whole way.
Old 11-14-02, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: I can't stand these "poll" post for multiple weeks

• Quoth pezboy •<HR SIZE=1>With 3 teams going for the FF, wouldn't it make sense for a team to figure out only one team will get it, so just go on with the next task and you'll at least be ahead of the team that doesn't get the FF first? As soon as Flo and Zach lost the rock-paper-scissors, I knew they wouldn't be in last place.<HR SIZE=1>

It's all about deciding who's easier to beat: Hottie and Zach or Assmunch and Wife. I would expect they thought their chances were better against the latter.

Anyway, kind of sad to Aaron & Arianne go ... actually, couldn't give a rat's ass about Aaron. They weren't my favorite team, but I liked them a hell of a lot more than Jackass and Wife.

das
Old 11-14-02, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Why won't Teri and Ian just go away?? I am really getting tired of Ian. The little yelling incident that he had at the taxi cab was a little over the top and he really didn't have to yell at Flo. Of course, she tended to whine a little bit too much too.

Yeah I wondered about the whole detainment in Morocco thing for team 911. I bet the taxi guy just took them there because he knew they were foreigners. pretty ass, IMO.

Still, a great episode. Can't wait for next week. (just gotta remember that it's on at 8 instead of 9)
Old 11-14-02, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Man, that taxi incident was the worst one yet:

"Teri, come!"

Jesus Tapdancing Christ, he talks to her like she's a dog!!
Old 11-14-02, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
But she likes it!
Old 11-14-02, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The team I am now pulling for now is J. Vito and Jill. They have come across as the nicest and that's usually what pulls me in. I still like the twins and the other brothers. It's funny how each season has included one team that EVERYONE really dislikes... and they have gone far in the game. This has been an entertaining season so far.
Old 11-14-02, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts
Why is Team 911 acting like Team Legally Blonde? I would expect a cop and a firefighter to be more resourceful.

I am rooting for Team Costanza because they're the funniest ones left.

I also find Teri & Ian to be annoying but I have to respect the way they play the game.
Old 11-14-02, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Funniest ones left? I don't remember anyone else being funny. Lots of annoying ones though. I'm glad Aaron and Arianne are gone. I was afraid they'd get back to the front of the pack again and be in it until the end. They were in the front 3 for the first few shows, while Teri and Ian have been in the last 3 just about the whole time. I'm ready for them to go next week because there's nobody else that grates on me left. Well maybe John Vito just because of his name and the somewhat creepy story of why they are a couple.
Old 11-14-02, 04:36 PM

Re: I can't stand these "poll" post for multiple weeks

Originally posted by pezboy
Having said that...

--With 3 teams going for the FF, wouldn't it make sense for a team to figure out only one team will get it, so just go on with the next task and you'll at least be ahead of the team that doesn't get the FF first? As soon as Flo and Zach lost the rock-paper-scissors, I knew they wouldn't be in last place.

I just cann't figure out why everyone was hell bent on getting the FF in the first place. Since it seemed to me that Aaron & Arianne were so far back, the other teams should have figured out that as long as one team went for the FF that the others would be pretty much of assured of not finishing last, because the only way A & A was going pass anyone was with the use of the fast foward.
Old 11-14-02, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Okay, I'm lost. What are the team names again (and I'm the one running the polls)?

As for the person who can't stand these "poll" posts for multiple weeks... they're there just for fun. Of course, not as fun as the "The Mole" polls that I ran during the summer, but still, it adds a bit of interactivity.

As for Teri and Ian.... must be a different generation, or a different background. Maybe Ian used to be in the military.
Old 11-14-02, 04:58 PM

While I repsect the whole poll "thing", it screws up those of us who post. Do we post in the thread for this past episode or the next one? Do we talk about this week's episode or the next one? I'd like to just see the dated posts like every other thread. This coming from a guy who never starts a thread...

BTW, plan on a non-elimination round next week. They're way overdue for one.
Old 11-14-02, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Ian was a marine.
Old 11-14-02, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by pezboy
While I repsect the whole poll "thing", it screws up those of us who post. Do we post in the thread for this past episode or the next one? Do we talk about this week's episode or the next one?
Good question.

The 11/13 thread (this one) is for discussion of the events that occurred on the November 13th episode, and it's possible implications.

The 11/20 thread starts out primarily as a poll thread, with room for speculation. It is assumed that if you are reading the 11/20 thread, that you watched the 11/13 episode, as the poll is a spoiler. However, the "next week's episode" threads have turned out to be quiet, and I have to bump the thread to avoid duplicate threads.
Old 11-15-02, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Don't have much to say but this week's TAR was fabulous. The suspense, the humor, the unpredictability... That's why I love this show.

A simple thing like shilling escargot was beyond funny.

Oh, yeah, the old couple are working on my nerves. The old dude is irritating. I don't know how his wife can put up with that.
Old 11-15-02, 08:12 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I thought I understood the show by now, but now there's another question from the n00b: What's a non-elimination round?
Old 11-15-02, 08:21 AM

Originally posted by Groucho
I thought I understood the show by now, but now there's another question from the n00b: What's a non-elimination round?
that's when the last team to arrive at the pit stop is not elimnated from the race.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.