Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Smallville 10-22 "Nocturne"

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-02, 10:13 AM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
But if he was really blind, wouldn't his eyes be clouded over?
Lionel had a spinal cord injury. They said that the blindness he was suffering was the result of a semi-successfull surgery. So, no, it wouldn't have an effect over the appearance of his eyes.

Did you also notice the mark on his head?
He also could have suffered temporary blindness from a concussion. It's quite possible he has recovered his eyesight.

People with clouded eyes usually have cataracts.

Last edited by Eric F; 10-23-02 at 10:16 AM.
Old 10-23-02, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Eric F
Lionel had a spinal cord injury. They said that the blindness he was suffering was the result of a semi-successfull surgery. So, no, it wouldn't have an effect over the appearance of his eyes.

Did you also notice the mark on his head?
He also could have suffered temporary blindness from a concussion. It's quite possible he has recovered his eyesight.

People with clouded eyes usually have cataracts.
Obviously. But did you also read where I wrote:

I know, that's not necesarrily the way all eyes are for blind people, but from a TV show stand point, to emphasise the point, wouldn't they make him wear contacts to make his pupils grey?
I guess not. What I was getting at was that in TV shows, characters often have the grey eyes when they are blind for emphasis, not for scientific medical accuracy. It's not the stronges argument to make about Lionel may be able to see, but it certainly is something to ponder.

I think it's more convincing the clues his eyes give away, such as watching people as they walk and talk, saying he can "feel" Lex's smirk (sha, as if), knows nothing about Clark but after two encounters with him says he's an "extraordinary boy." Oh, and he managed to find three bullets in that office, which I know he could do blind, but still. There are strong arguments to suggest he can see and perhaps weaker ones, and I admit maybe I am looking for clues where there are none, but I still do not rule out the possibility for that to come up later in the season.

Oh, and somebody else mentioned that the doctors never did say Lionel was blind, but Lionel told Lex this.
Old 10-23-02, 02:25 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
Other than Star Trek, I can't think of any other show that used colored contacts to make someone appear blind.

All supposition. I guess we'll find out soon enough whether Lionel is faking it. All those things that he did, he could have done sightless. They never showed what Clark did with the bullets, I don't recall if he just dropped them on the floor. Lionel did hear Martha calling out Clark's name, so it was obvious he was there and gone when he shouldn't have been.

I'm still interested in what's happening to all the freaks. Is Lionel locking them all up at STAR labs and doing research on them? There seem to be so many, and I can't think of any way the conventional authorities could hold them. Think of the girl from Heat. Any man other than Clark was vulnerable to her. She could have just walked away at her convinience.
Old 10-23-02, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts
Think of the girl from Heat. Any man other than Clark was vulnerable to her. She could have just walked away at her convinience.
What about all women guards at an all women prison?
Old 10-23-02, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They never showed what Clark did with the bullets, I don't recall if he just dropped them on the floor.
Lionel had those bullets in his hand at the end of the episode wher he and Lex go to find the scientist's lab empty.
Old 10-23-02, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
It's easy to test if Lionel is really blind or not: point a gun with blanks at Lionel and fire it towards his head or chest. If he flinches or ducks for cover, he's not blind. Otherwise, he is blind.
Old 10-23-02, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by the_dude8
since werewolf tends to be stronger than a vampire.
In my travels I have found the opposite to be true. But the Gnomes are the ones you really have to watch out for. Those little buggers are mean. Pixie dust is the only way you can calm them down.
Old 10-23-02, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Thrush
In my travels I have found the opposite to be true. But the Gnomes are the ones you really have to watch out for. Those little buggers are mean. Pixie dust is the only way you can calm them down.
i thought vampires n werewolf were legends and fake.

maybe lionel has lasik surgery or his sciencetist develop in cure in the star lab to cure blindness.

They could use the cloud contact lenses that was use by storm in X-men to make Lionel eyes look clouded and more realistic.
Old 10-27-02, 04:50 PM

The episode was quite good. From the start, I believed that Byron was some sort of vampire or werewolf, but he actually became a junior version of Bane. Especially the way that he knocked Clark 20 feet in the air. The whole Martha Kent becoming Luthor's assistant was a very good touch. I also noticed Clark wearing blue T-shirt, jeans and a red jacket.
Old 10-27-02, 05:46 PM
Htd
Banned

I also noticed Clark wearing blue T-shirt, jeans and a red jacket.
yall catch all the subtleties huh? now if he was also wearing some red boots, that woulda been something
Old 10-27-02, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts
Has anyone heard any word on a Smallville Season One dvd set? I have the pilot dvd and want the season 1 set.
Old 10-27-02, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,660 Likes on 1,035 Posts
Originally posted by Tom Banjo
Ok, is it just me or did we get totally scammed by the WB's preview of the episode last week? They made it out to seem like Clark would have to finally make his move on Lana or lose her to vampire boy. IIRC, they even showed him about to kiss her. I kept waiting on that to happen, and it never did.
Just to clarify, what they showed in the preview for this episode was the kiss at the Talon from "Red" two weeks ago...just to show that Clark and Lana were sort of on the outs and this new guy was competition.