Old 10-13-02, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sydney + redhead =

das
Old 10-13-02, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Man, I live in west coast so I don't get to see Alias for another hour yet. Poo!
Old 10-13-02, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Good show--I love how her mother is driving Sydney and her father closer together in an odd sort of way. Though it may not last long, via the previews. OK, this may be nitpicky, but
Spoiler:
isn't it kind of unbelievable that Sydney would even last 10 seconds under the water???
Old 10-13-02, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmmm...the return of the cliffhanger. So many unanswered questions...

Did anybody notice that Sark looked so much more human last season? He's really grown into that "evil genius" sort of look now.

Spoiler:
And I told you that the Emily storyline wasn't over. Something sneaky's going on...

Best line of the episode: "I was a turkey".
Old 10-14-02, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

yeah Sark looked like a cool bad guy last season, but this season he looks kinda freaky.

wow what a combination of hair color and accent this episode

the alias used last episode was awesome too.
Old 10-14-02, 12:09 AM

I love the return of the cliffhanger! I had really missed it the last two eps.

I think I'm gonna love the old-fashioned love triangle bit. Last season, it would have been no contest, but thankfully they have made Will infinitely more interesting than he was last year. And now that he is living w/ Syd, it muddies up the waters quite nicely.

Sark...that little bastard. I love that he has returned and as a regular no less.

Okay, Mom did a fine job in setting Dad up. I can only assume she is trying to displace Syd's trust in Dad and I am sure it'll cause much angst and torment for our beloved Sydney.

One last thing...I wonder who is gaslighting Arvin?

~wis
Old 10-14-02, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Very good episode. Great to have the cliffhangers back.

Did anyone else read something into the what her Mom asked her about the play? Her being
Spoiler:
"the only turkey spared from the harvest" sounds a bit ominous to me. Was Mommy trying to tell her something?
Old 10-14-02, 01:10 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Wow. Good show. How is Sydney going to break the ice and resurface before drawning or freeze to death?
Old 10-14-02, 01:34 AM
AJW
DVD Talk Special Edition

Another enjoyable episode. I love having the cliffhanger back but I still hate the new intro they're using.

As to the cliffhanger, my guess would be
Spoiler:
Syd uses Sark's Submersible to escape her underwater prison.
Old 10-14-02, 05:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by JuryDuty
OK, this may be nitpicky, but
Spoiler:
isn't it kind of unbelievable that Sydney would even last 10 seconds under the water???
In water that cold she would be inhaling water almost as soon as she fell in.
Old 10-14-02, 06:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
And the intrigue continues.

Loved the power luge (have to wonder how the brakes were built into that contraption).

Syd's mom is just having fun parcelling out the info piece by piece. I think as a plot device, it's going to become too routine if Syd is always going to Mommie Dearest to get that last bit of info needed to go on the next mission.

Jack is on to Irina, but it might just compromise him to get to her. Irina is slowly landing her emotional hooks into Syd.

Sloane is actually all messed up over Emily's untimely death that he engineered. The look on his face gave him away to Syd when she tried to comfort him for his loss.

Will will probably get brought into the agency as an agent one of these days. Vaughn got to see that Will was pretty decent at making connections with past events once Vaughn explained some of the SOP to him.

I'll bet Sark knows a lot about what's going down with Irina being in CIA custody, and will act accordingly.
Old 10-14-02, 09:04 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 609 Likes on 349 Posts
They shouldn't use a cliffhanger unless there is real doubt about the outcome. Otherwise, there's no point. I mean, come on -
Spoiler:
Common sense alone would dictate that Sydney doesn't die in the water, but then they show previews of next week's episode with Sydney going along like it never happened. I know the cliffhanger is "how does Sydney get out of this one?", but they should reserve cliffhangers for real surprises.

Otherwise, great episode.
Old 10-14-02, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 230 Likes on 179 Posts
The problem with any TV series with the main character in jeopardy is the lack of suspense. Once she sigend the contract you know she will NEVER bite it so no need to worry.

That said, I am really growing weary of Jennifer Garner and Lena Olin doing their weekly Silence of the Lambs routine. While a good villain, Olin is doing little more than a Dr. Lecter imitation, metaphors and all.
Old 10-14-02, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

i never thought i'd think this, but i actually hope will is the one who ends up with sydney now. last season, i didn't sense any chemistry, but now, there seems to be something there between them that seems much more meaningful than anything that would happen between syd and vaughn.
Old 10-14-02, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've never seen a TV character do such a complete 180-degree turn in fan's minds (including my own) as Will has. If they planned this for the character from the start, it was really a brilliant move. Even if they came up with it "on the fly", it is still some impressive writing. There's a lot of interesting things they can do with him now...
Old 10-14-02, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Will has all of the snooping skills being a former newspaper reporter, that a transition to being a snoop/analyst for the CIA would not be too big a deal for him.
Old 10-14-02, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
It's funny, my friend was saying the EXACT same thing after watching Alias last night. Last season, she wanted Sydney to go with Vaughn. Now, she hopes Sydney goes with Will. He's so much cooler than before!
Old 10-14-02, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by JuryDuty
It's funny, my friend was saying the EXACT same thing after watching Alias last night. Last season, she wanted Sydney to go with Vaughn. Now, she hopes Sydney goes with Will. He's so much cooler than before!
isn't it weird? the thing is, i can't think for the life of me why i've changed my mind about him. before, he just seemed like some lovesick puppy. but now, i feel like he genuinely cares deeply for sydney and vice versa. there's a connection there that goes deeper because of the friendship they've had that sydney could never have with vaughn.

but it's not like he's changed all that much. the only real difference is that he knows what sydney does now. i think it was the whole reporting/sleuthing thing before. it annoyed me that he didn't stop when sydney asked him to. i felt like he was pursuing alex's killers just to get in sydney's good graces rather than actually caring about her.

Last edited by hahn; 10-14-02 at 05:47 PM.
Old 10-15-02, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

hah thats kinda along the lines what I said at the book signing. I told Bradley Cooper that all his character's reporting storyline are what made me dislike Will in the first season, but now his character has a lot more interesting possibilities. For some reason though... I always wanted Syd to end up with him.
Old 10-15-02, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, if Sydney and Will ever do get together, we know that she has already seen his "O" face, when he was tied up in that chair and first saw the "real" Sydney.

Old 10-15-02, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

When Will finally found out about Syd's real job last season, that was one of the better "Oh...my...god!" facial expressions I've seen in film or TV.
Old 10-15-02, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

yeah it would have been funny if Sydney screamed too
Old 10-15-02, 04:25 PM
MrN
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Are they not doing the re-runs on ABC Family this year?
Old 10-16-02, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

they might start a little later on abc family. maybe so the episodes will run all the way through summer.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.