Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel 10-13-02

New recurring character introduced?

I wouldn't be shocked.

Hope so, I liked tonight's episode.
Old 10-13-02, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 511 Likes on 301 Posts
She reminded me of an electric version of Rogue. She even had the off-colored red streak instead of white. Still I thought she was hot and wouldn't mind seeing her again. Strange that they didn't really explain the heart thing or how that would work considering it was the main selling point of the episode from what I saw of the previews.
Old 10-13-02, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,447 Likes on 1,058 Posts
I liked her too, though not very Whedon like of introducing her in this episode. Doesn't he usually drop hints several episodes before?

I seem to remember reading someone finding a clue to Dawn being introduced on Buffy nearly a year in advance.
Old 10-13-02, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,803 Likes on 1,117 Posts
It was fine except for the lame Cordy one-liner at the end and NO explanation for the kiss.
Old 10-13-02, 11:47 PM
nny
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by milo bloom
I liked her too, though not very Whedon like of introducing her in this episode. Doesn't he usually drop hints several episodes before?

I seem to remember reading someone finding a clue to Dawn being introduced on Buffy nearly a year in advance.
In the Season 3 finale, Faith says, "Counting down 7-2-0". I thought maybe that referred to the fact that Buffy died 720 days before and 720 days after that. Somebody in the Buffy FX thread said that Faith was foreshadowing Dawn, but Dawn appeard more like 480 days after that. The season 4 finale does foreshadow Dawn, but even though there's about 4 months in between the 2 episodes, they are actually consecutive episodes, so it's not that big of a foreshadowing. I don't think I've heard heard anybody else talk about that 720 thing though.
Old 10-13-02, 11:56 PM

Yowza! Another exciting episode to add to the A:tS catalogue. I pretty much loved it too. Probably the only thing I didn't love was Fred's wiggins in the scene w/ Gunn. That was one mini-breakdown I just didn't get. Maybe I did understand the reasoning, but not the execution. Hmmm.

Anyway, there was much to love about this episode. Gwen is definitely a valid reason. So gorgeous and dangerous and hey, she made Angel's heart beat. I'm also clueless as to why they kissed, but I won't let that bother me. I'm just along for the ride. My favorite bit of their interaction was this:

Gwen: "I don't usually enjoy the hand to hand this much."

Angel: "Maybe you haven't been doing it right."

And of course, I have hardly hidden my love of Lilah. The woman is amazing no matter who she's onscreen with. I mean, obviously yes, she and Wes are combustible, but I also love the snarky yet deadly serious banter with Angel. He'll forgive her "just this once". And she's evil. The only errands she does are evil errands.

Ah. Last but certainly not least, Cordelia up in the clouds of a higher dimension just waiting for Angel and gang to bust her out of her heavenly prison...I sure hope her return lives up to the promise of her one line from each episode. Yeah, I really liked the one-liners. I thought they were deliciously Cordy.

Next week, we get Lorne back. Yayyyy! I can't wait. But helping me make it through the long wait is the fact that it is almost Tuesday .

~wis
Old 10-14-02, 12:08 AM

Up until tonights episode I was just a casual watcher of Angel.
But WOW, now I am hooked. What a great episode. I sure hope Gwen is going to be a permanent character.
Like someone mentioned above she seems to be taken a bit from Rogue of the X-Men who was always my favorite character in that book.
I thought she nailed her part down perfect tonight and it usually takes awhile for me to accept new characters on a show I watch.
Old 10-14-02, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I had a grin on my face during the Angel and Wesley scene. I loved it! Wesley really came a long way from that weak, clumsy, bookworm from Buffy. He's intellegent, cold, a skilled fighter, confident in himself, and now he's leading a whole new gang. Though he can't fully push away his obligation to them, he makes it seem that he no longer cares/dependant on the original gang. They need him more now. Completely enjoyed the scene when he walked away from Angel. One day, he'll rejoin the Angel gang. And I can't wait to see how that works out.

As for Angel's heart getting a jump start.... Is it still beating or was it only for as long as Gwen was touching him?

Last edited by khieng; 10-14-02 at 12:30 AM.
Old 10-14-02, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

This episode was great. It just seems like Angel is getting better and better while Buffy is starting to fade into teh sunset. I also hope that we get to see Gwen in future episodes. Maybe she could join the group.

Best line of the night:

Fred- "I am still coming up with a plan, but so far it involves going to prison and becoming someone's bitch."
Old 10-14-02, 02:14 AM

Originally posted by milo bloom
The Season 4 episode "This Year's Girl" began with a dream sequence between Buffy & Faith. They are making a bed, when Buffy says she wishes she could stay. Faith says, "Oh you have to go. Little sis coming." Dawn didn't appear on the show until 6 months later, however, at the start of Season 5.
Old 10-14-02, 05:40 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I also liked Fred's line of the night.

Lilah had fun reminding Angel of her being evil, her face just reveled in it.

Loved that Angel sandbagged Lilah and even knew of her relationship with Wesley. The look on Lilah's face was priceless.

Did Wesley sound weird when Alexis was trying to speak in his British accent loudly?

I hope we do see more of Gwen, Electro-Girl.

What effects will arise with Angel's heart beating now? Or did it stop beating once Gwen broke physical contact with Angel's chest?
Old 10-14-02, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

loved it!

and look forward to seeing the electric chick again. 'specially in tight, leather clothing.

wes is getting to be a bad-ass. funny to look back at the old btvs eps and see what a big change he's made.

so....predictions:

will wesley turn to the darkside? (is lyla *that* good??)

or will he return to the gang?

cranky.
Old 10-14-02, 09:53 AM
Banned

I liked Gwen too. I hope she is recurring. In response to everyone saying that it is usually set up, who cares.
I remember reading that when Cordy came back she was'nt going to remember anyone. Thats as lame as keeping her up there so long. Lets hope they are a little more original than that.
My friend that was watching it with me said, why doesnt Wesley get over it all ready and I said, They all turned their back on him. What do you expect.
Angel was saying in a way, I am done being mad at you, you can come back now.
I guess this can devide people up into two groups. I think Wesley is right for still being mad and I think everyone owes him an appology.

One last thing. Whats with Angel loving Cordy now?
I think he should only be in love with the Buffster.
Old 10-14-02, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Angel's moved on. Once Buffy went to UPN, their "love" was split apart.
Old 10-14-02, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Plus, if you're Wes, would you give up boinking Lilah to get back into Angel Investigations?
Old 10-14-02, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Great episode

When Angel goes to the lair of the goddess of the lost stuff, that was pretty creepy because it kinda creepy especially when she said that Angel had a lot more to lose. Is that some foreshadowing for the end of this season perhaps?

I liked the Electro girl but I was a little disappointed that she was only around for like 40 minutes of the show. Hopefully, she'll be back to give us an explanation for why Angel's heart started going.

at Fred's line of the night.
Old 10-14-02, 10:51 AM

Originally posted by Skorp
The Season 4 episode "This Year's Girl" began with a dream sequence between Buffy & Faith. They are making a bed, when Buffy says she wishes she could stay. Faith says, "Oh you have to go. Little sis coming." Dawn didn't appear on the show until 6 months later, however, at the start of Season 5.
Also, in the last episode of season 4, "Restless", where they all have strange dreams, Tara (I think it was her, at least) tells Buffy that she has to "be back before Dawn". Of course, nothing is positive, but Dawn was introduced in one of the first episodes of the next season... So who knows.
Old 10-14-02, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Dawn shows up in episode 1 of season 5 (the Dracula episode) at the very end of the show, where both Dawn and Buffy yell, "Mom!"
Old 10-14-02, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Once again, a great, solid episode. Moved along nicely (unlike last seasons slow clunkers), nice humor, nice fantasy, nice character development- exactly what I want.

My favorite lines were the “unholy fruit basket” and “Now its surrealism” bits.

Loved the demoness.

I think Angel’s heart only started momentarily and was gone by the time he was using his body as a conductor for her electrical charge to short out the elevator cage. That was my assumption.

Wesley really has come quite far, the most interesting character development. I think one of the reasons he has soured so much, is that he always was sort of a flunky, at first posturing like he was superior but doing very little to prove it. Then, he broke out of the Watcher snobbery and teamed up with Angel, slowly finding his ground as a hero but ultimately still coming up short and barely managing to be a leader or have a worthwhile personal life. Then, the first time he really takes serious matters into his own hands (the Connor business), he mucks things up horribly. Its been a great downward spiral, and I cant wait to see where it goes next. For me, he’s gone from annoying supporting character, to fair second tier character, to actually damned interesting.

Last edited by Slumbering Fist; 10-14-02 at 11:55 AM.
Old 10-14-02, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,447 Likes on 1,058 Posts
Speaking of Wes being a badass, anybody else reminded of the one-armed Wesley from Cordy's alternate reality last season or so? I thought at the time it'd be great to see more of that, and now we are. Still love "I'll take away your bucket."
Old 10-14-02, 07:09 PM

Did anyone else think of the Simpsons and Mr. Burns when they did the interior shot of Angels heart?
Old 10-15-02, 12:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Don't mean to take this thread off topic but all this talk about Gwen, Lilah, and Cordy got me thinking about another female character in Angel. Whatever happened to that cop from Season 1? Did she die or just simply not an interesting character and forgotten?
Old 10-15-02, 02:32 AM
Cool New Member

the cop from season 1 left the force for disloyalty and left the show for another one. i forgot which one, it was a cop/law show and she also appeared on stuff magazine.
Old 10-15-02, 04:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Elizabeth Rohm is now on Law and Order (the original one, not the multitude of offshoots of that show).
Old 10-16-02, 12:05 AM
MrN
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Its pretty obvious that Gwen will be back - why else give her a prolonged introduction? There are some obvious sparks flying (ahem) between her and Angel - how does it affect the Cordelia relationship, let alone the one with Buffy?

Another great episode...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.