Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Without a Trace 10/10

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-02, 10:01 PM

Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts
Without a Trace 10/10

I'm liking this show more and more with each passing week.

This is the first episode where we get a taste of a main character's personal life when Jack Malone (LaPagglia) tells a coworker that he and his wife have separated. This sort of character development (or lack there of) seems to be a pattern among Bruckheimer-produced shows.
Old 10-10-02, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm liking it too. I already was a big fan of Poppy Montgomery's and loved LaPaglia in Murder One (similar role), so I knew I'd find something to like in the show before it started. But it's delivering pretty well so far. LaPaglia's good in the role, and the stories have been interesting. It also helps that they've had a strong guest star each week: Arija Bareikis, David Paymer, and Kyle Secor so far. I enjoy it and think the writing is a little stronger than the show that started this influx of mystery shows on CBS.

das
Old 10-11-02, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I loved when they were interviewing Secor, and LaPaglia's stare was completely focused on scrutinizing his reactions.
Old 10-11-02, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

• Quoth dave955 •<HR SIZE=1>I loved when they were interviewing Secor, and LaPaglia's stare was completely focused on scrutinizing his reactions. <HR SIZE=1>

That scene was great. Poppy's at the end of the table politely asking him questions and identifying with his sorrow while LaPaglia's sitting within arm's reach just staring him down.

das
Old 10-11-02, 01:25 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by dave955
I loved when they were interviewing Secor, and LaPaglia's stare was completely focused on scrutinizing his reactions.
who is Secor? was that Duncan or Brett?
Old 10-11-02, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
This is a good show. It may very well be my favorite new show.
Old 10-11-02, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Good show. I like how only a very little of the main characters home life was exposed. I like it when shows like this concentrate on cases each week, but also have a continuity of exposing a little about the main characters over a course of time (like Law and Order, for example). This definitely wins over ER for me. I gave up ER last year with about three episodes left, just before Mark died. It simply isn't half as good as it used to be. It is too bad, since they have so much potential with the actors (Maura Tierney....yum)...
Old 10-11-02, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
is this a show you can start watching after missing the first few episodes and still understand all that is going on? haven't seen it yet, but might add it to my Season Pass list based on positive things I've heard.....
Old 10-11-02, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

• Quoth djbrown •<HR SIZE=1>is this a show you can start watching after missing the first few episodes and still understand all that is going on? haven't seen it yet, but might add it to my Season Pass list based on positive things I've heard..... <HR SIZE=1>

Yes. It's perfectly self-contained. There have been minor moments of character development, but other than that, you could probably watch any episode at any time in any order without problems (unless they start changing things later on).

das