Reload this Page >

Push, Nevada canceled

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Push, Nevada canceled

Old 10-09-02, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Push, Nevada canceled

I just heard on ET that Push, Nevada will be canceled after the next episode.

Old 10-09-02, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So they're going to be giving that $$$ away a lot sooner, huh?

Any word on MDs?
Old 10-09-02, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts
Wow. Will it make a difference if I watch every single ep that has aired that is in my TiVo?
Old 10-09-02, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Man, what the hell are they gonna do with all the "Push, Nevada" billboards hanging up throughout my city? (I've seen at least 5 in the past week.)
Old 10-09-02, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
What are they going to do about the prize money?
Old 10-09-02, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
thats going to be a big issue. the prize money was the only thing holding them back from canning this.
Old 10-09-02, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Sorry, don't know about "MDs" since I don't watch that show.

They didn't say anything about the prize money, but my guess would be that there won't be any. How can you solve the puzzle when all the pieces aren't there?

Old 10-09-02, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Originally posted by immortal_zeus
Sorry, don't know about "MDs" since I don't watch that show.

They didn't say anything about the prize money, but my guess would be that there won't be any. How can you solve the puzzle when all the pieces aren't there?

then I smell law suit in the air.
Old 10-09-02, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

how many eps were there?
Old 10-09-02, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
then I smell law suit in the air.
Why? They're not obligated to give out the prize money if they haven't even shown all the episodes. Who the hell would be able to solve the puzzle after having only seen like 5 episodes?

Old 10-09-02, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, that was quick, no? That would officially be the first cancellation of the new season, right? I could have sworn "Do Over" would be first to go, but then again, this is ABC, not the WB.

I watched about 5 minutes of one episode. The "weird" thing...not actually that interesting. Still, the concept was fairly original. Too bad nobody cared.
Old 10-09-02, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

See, everytime I really like a show it gets canned. This was probably my favorite new show of the season.
Old 10-09-02, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally posted by immortal_zeus
Why? They're not obligated to give out the prize money if they haven't even shown all the episodes. Who the hell would be able to solve the puzzle after having only seen like 5 episodes?

well you can get them for a bait and switch. they promised a certain amount of money to win. If you advertise for a prize and then just cancel the event, I'm sure someone can make a law suit out of it.
Old 10-09-02, 11:14 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
well you can get them for a bait and switch. they promised a certain amount of money to win. If you advertise for a prize and then just cancel the event, I'm sure someone can make a law suit out of it.
Suit for what, damage?? Civil lawsuit are designed to compensate your injury or damage. As far as I'm concern you weren't injuried by this TV show nor is this legitimate for bait and switch since this isn't advertise for a product.

So IMHO, you got no case!!

All Lawyers agreed say Aye.......
Old 10-09-02, 11:23 PM
nny
DVD Talk Special Edition

Man, I know there were at least 2 websites running contests for guessing which new show would be the first to get cancelled. Considering the whole contest aspect of Push and the backing of Affleck, I bet very few if any people picked Push as the first to go.
Old 10-10-02, 12:52 AM
drc
DVD Talk Special Edition

From the official rules:
8. PROGRAM CANCELLATION:

In the event the Program is cancelled prior to the conclusion of the Final Episode and the disclosure of the Final Clue, Producer may, at its sole option, reconstitute the Game in any manner Producer deems appropriate. In the event Producer elects to reconstitute the Game, Producer will determine in its sole discretion what the rules shall be for such reconstituted game including, without limitation, the rules concerning eligibility, deadlines, clue dissemination (if applicable) and means of selection of the Grand Prize Winner (including, without limitation, and if Producer so elects, a random drawing). Any such reconstituted Game may or may not build upon previously disclosed clues and/or information learned from the Program. Any revised rules shall be posted at abc.com and/or otherwise disseminated.
I think Affleck said that they'd give out the money even if it got cancelled. We shall see...
Old 10-10-02, 01:43 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Noooooooooo... I want to solve the mystery! I don't care if I get the money... I just want to know what the deal is with Push! ARGH!
Old 10-10-02, 02:22 AM
MrN
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Well, considering ABC also cancelled Twin Peaks and passed on Mullholland Dr., is anyone really surprised? Its not like Push, NV was breaking any ground so to speak.
Old 10-10-02, 02:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
I watched the first episode since I was interested, but I didn't think it was very good and it started running opposite CSI. The show didn't have much chance in the Thursday 9:00PM timeslot.
Old 10-10-02, 03:36 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally posted by SuperJim88
Suit for what, damage?? Civil lawsuit are designed to compensate your injury or damage. As far as I'm concern you weren't injuried by this TV show nor is this legitimate for bait and switch since this isn't advertise for a product.

So IMHO, you got no case!!

All Lawyers agreed say Aye.......

eh, and ABC has another turkey.

Then again, Did I say I just contacted my lawyer? so I guess I never had a case. just an idea of what could possibly happen and reasons why I heard the bomb of a show was still on

All critics that believe this show both sucked and blowed at the same time say aye..........
Old 10-10-02, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I gave it 2 and a half episodes before I deleted it from my ReplayTv. I wanted to like it so bad since I was a Twin Peaks fan, but this show just seemed to try too hard to be weird, without having any truly interesting characters or an interesting plot. Twin Peaks immediately sucked you in, but this show just kind of sat there for me.

I have too many shows this fall I'm watching, something had to give.
Old 10-10-02, 10:59 AM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
eh, and ABC has another turkey.

Then again, Did I say I just contacted my lawyer? so I guess I never had a case. just an idea of what could possibly happen and reasons why I heard the bomb of a show was still on

All critics that believe this show both sucked and blowed at the same time say aye..........
I agree with you on that one.

AYE!!
Old 10-10-02, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

ABC walked right into a massacre with the Push, Nevada timeslot. I would've watched it but I would much rather watch CSI, which is on at the same time as Push. ABC did the same thing with "Mole 2" last year. Their stupid decisions really make me mad.
Old 10-10-02, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't care what some of you say -- Push, NV was great, dammit!

I also didn't give two ****s about the contest. I just watched it for the weirdness, the great characters, and figuring out the whole "what the hell is going on in this town" storyline.

Didn't ABC realize that this wasn't a guaranteed hit? Quirky shows usually aren't, they need to build an audience. So yeah, go ahead and put it up against the #1 show on TV!

Bastards.
Old 10-10-02, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/go...tv&id=20021010

out: abc's 'that was then,' 'push, nevada'

And now the bad: as expected ABC has handed out pink slips to its two struggling series "That Was Then" and "Push, Nevada." The former will be pulled immediately in favor of additional episodes of "America's Funniest Home Videos" as well as a mix of reality specials. Once November sweeps starts, ABC will shift Monday comedies "The Drew Carey Show" and "Whose Line Is It Anyway?" to the Friday, 9 p.m. hour. "Monk" will then shift from its Thursday, 8 p.m. home to the opening Monday hour.

As for "Push," ABC will continue to run episodes through October 24, after which a mix of to be determined specials will fill the hour. Producers of the show ensure that there will be enough clues issued by the seventh (and final) episode for viewers to win the $1 million prize. Finally, look for similar bad news for struggling drama "MDs" in the coming weeks as we approach November sweeps.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.