Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Smallville 10/8

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-02, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts
Smallville 10/8

Hello, and welcome again to the Smallville thread. Post your questions and comments.
Old 10-08-02, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts
Here is my spoiler from tv guide.
Spoiler:
Pete finds Clark's spaceship and Clark tells pete his secret. Pete insists that he keeps the spaceship at his house. A scientist steals the spaceship from Pete's house.
That's all I have for now. Enjoy the show!
Old 10-08-02, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I love this show! Makes me wonder how I would handle having powers like Superboy's/man's.

Would I be a hero or would I be corrupted?

I hope helping people.
Old 10-08-02, 09:03 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
Go read Amazing Tales #15.

Superman in current continuity didn't start developing his powers untill he was 18, so he already had the strong moral foundation in place by that time.

As for tonight's show it was good and not following current DC continuity at all:
Spoiler:
Prof. Hammilton a murder? In the comics he was working for Lex in the beginning but then became a whistle-blower when he caught wind of what Lex was really trying to achieve. He lost his arm because of it. He's one of Supes best friends and supporters.

It's obvious he's not dead. It's pretty clear he'll be back as a supervillian. I'll say he'll be The Parasite.
Old 10-08-02, 09:06 PM
Video Game Talk Editor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Woohoo! Great episode. Nice to see Clark finally sharing his secret.

My guess is that Dr. Hamilton is going to take the next evolutionary step in Kryptonite poisioning. Earl Jenkins from Jitters was the first.

The preview for the next episode has me thinking of Superman III. Shades of red anyone?
Old 10-08-02, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
What a great show! I actually think this show is getting better and better...
Spoiler:
I am glad someone else finally knows the Kents' secret
Old 10-08-02, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally posted by Eric F
As for tonight's show it was good and not following current DC continuity at all:
[/spoiler]
Yes, just this one episode, the rest has been a-okay!!!

I had issues with it once, but it doesn't bother me much anymore.
Old 10-08-02, 09:51 PM

Spoiler:
Looks like it followed Superboy rather than Superman (or at least the Superman I know of) since Pete found out rather than Lana. So long as Lana still gets with him, it's cool. Which is what happens in Superboy too!
Old 10-08-02, 10:05 PM

Well i thought this episoded rocked, just like all the others, i was a a bit annoyed, you'll see if you check out my other thread on what happened to me about buffy 2night, but still, the episode was tooo awesome!
Old 10-08-02, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Thanks to WB's promo department eagle eyed viewers were clued into whom was going to discover Clark's secret last week. So no suspense there. [Do UPN & WB use the same promo departments??]

I'm wondering what's going to happen to Hamilton. My girlfriend thought the same thing that happened to Jenkins was happening to him. I thought the only thing that was going to happen was he'd lose his arm like the book -- I find myself having to differenciate between the comics & the show. [as explained by Eric F]

Also, the needle stuck Pete, right?
Old 10-08-02, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Don't know the actor's name but the guy who played Hamilton was breathing at the begining of the episode just like he was in T2. I wonder if anyone knows what the hell I'm talking about.
Old 10-09-02, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Eric F

Spoiler:

It's obvious he's not dead. It's pretty clear he'll be back as a supervillian. I'll say he'll be The Parasite.
That would be pretty cool, the Parasite is one of the better villains IMO.
It would be also nice to have villain a who has more than a one episode lifespan.
Old 10-09-02, 01:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I enjoyed this episode as well. At least they gave us the "freaking out" part by Pete and then some coy double entendres as a wink to the audience (the Chloe looking for the "scoop from Pete" bit at school). And finally Pete comes around because he now understands what would happen if Clark's secret got out in the open.

Plus, in the comics, Pete knew Clark's secret as well, so it pays homage to the pre-crisis comics continuity.

Anyone else think Lana's aunt is headed for heartache? I think this new guy that Nell is going to marry is trouble.

Last edited by Patman; 10-09-02 at 01:27 AM.
Old 10-09-02, 01:43 AM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
Oh well, so I guess the spoilers are out the window when the west coast gets to see it eh?

Yeah, Prof. Hamilton is not dead. Interesting how quickly Pete bailed, didn't even really bother to check to see if he was dead or not. When the Luthors arrived there was no body, and it was obvious the Police weren't called because then Pete and Clark would have to explain what happened.

What I find as really odd was even if they thought the guy was dead why did they just leave him there? Obviously they were hoping he was dead, but they couldn't burry him, or dispose of him in any way. Or really do anything. Then again, if they left the place as-is (Lex clearly saw the ropes and the chair, and the mess), that would cause alot of problems too.

No, the needle didn't stick Pete, although he got spattered with goo when Clark used his heat vision on it.

And I'm reconsidering the Parasite thing (we already had a few life-force sucking villians), I'm leaning more towards Brainiac now, as that makes more sense. Green goo dripping on his head, evil scientist already, etc.

What I find particularly fascinating is what's happening with all these "super-freaks" they're carting away. Where are they going? Is Lex holding them at Cadmus or Lionel at STAR Labs? I assume there are no jails yet like Blackgate or Arkham, so someone is holding all these folks. Who?

Of course this is fiction and it doesn't have to make sense, but even last week's villian, "Pheremone Girl" wouldn't last 2secs in custody. She just could breathe on a guard or judge and get off scott free (no DC-Kirby pun intended ).

Last edited by Eric F; 10-09-02 at 01:49 AM.
Old 10-09-02, 01:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

great ep tonite.
Old 10-09-02, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Pete is going to add alot to the show. He can help Clark have fun with his powers and give him excuses to get away.

This show was better than the cliffhanger from last year and the 1st show from this year.
Old 10-09-02, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by madcougar
Don't know the actor's name but the guy who played Hamilton was breathing at the begining of the episode just like he was in T2. I wonder if anyone knows what the hell I'm talking about.
Yes, I noticed it as well.

His name is Joe Morton, and has been in TV for along time.

http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet.../personid-4546
Old 10-09-02, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts
I missed the promo for next week. Can anyone tell me what to expect?
Old 10-09-02, 11:02 AM

Originally posted by Tom Banjo
I missed the promo for next week. Can anyone tell me what to expect?
Spoiler:
Clark goes bad, like biker-jacket bad, making out with girls, etc.
Old 10-09-02, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,938 Likes on 1,499 Posts
So Pete's going to have more than two lines an episode now, right?

Especially with Chloe and Lana being buddy-buddy, Pete was kinda left out in the cold. I mean, he had even less to do than he did previously, when at least he was Chloe's sidekick.

Doesn't Lana find it kinda weird that Clark has a telescope that can look directly at her house? And it's a good thing they didn't drag the ship to their barn... Lana or Lex would've stumbled over it.
Old 10-09-02, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Speculation for next week's episode based on the promo:

Spoiler:
It's probably going to introduce Red Kryptonite and its unpredictable effect on Clark, this time making Clark to be the "bad boy" of Smallville, having him dressed in black clothes he normally wouldn't be wearing and chasing women he normally wouldn't be chasing.
Old 10-09-02, 12:52 PM

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts
Sweeeeet. Thanks for the info, Patman and Meatpants.
Old 10-09-02, 02:19 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Patman
Speculation for next week's episode based on the promo:
You are correct, sir. [/mcmahon]

I really wanted Lana to be the one that Clark told his secret to. I understand, I used to read comics, too, and I'm all for "keeping it faithful to the original," but these past few episodes, Clark & Lana's relationship has become this one-note, "secrets don't make friends" thing. We get it. It was actually kind of nosy for Lana to be all wondering about what Clark & Pete's problem was. If they want to keep it between them, that's their business. Yeesh. Lana's pretty and all, but if I were Clark, I think I'd rather get with Chloe because she's not as "waaaaah, bare your soul to me" as Lana is.
Old 10-09-02, 02:28 PM

Originally posted by Static Cling
Lana's pretty and all, but if I were Clark, I think I'd rather get with Chloe because she's not as "waaaaah, bare your soul to me" as Lana is.
Chloe is way too needy, way too clingy, if Clark got with her she'd never leave his side.
Old 10-09-02, 03:11 PM

Originally posted by Meatpants
Chloe is way too needy, way too clingy, if Clark got with her she'd never leave his side.
Nah, I don't think Chloe's needy...just in el, oh, vee, eeh. Besides she's so darn cute she could follow me into the bathroom for all I care.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.