Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Fox Sucks!

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-02, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fox Sucks!

What the heck are they doing? I noticed today while going through this weeks TV Guide that several of their shows, including That 70's Show, Fastlane and others which escape me right now were on all of 2 weeks before being pulled.

I mean, Fastlane..fine, new show, maybe terrible ratings..pull it...

But That 70's Show is a proven entity. Why fill it's slot with the news one week and a Simpsons repeat the next?

What he heck?!?!?!
Old 10-05-02, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Isn't this just due to Fox showing the playoff games for Major League Baseball for the next few week in prime time?
Old 10-05-02, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Why on Earth wouldn't you just check on Fox.com?

Anyway, baseball playoffs have the schedule on hold a bit so sit back and enjoy some excellent games coming up.
Old 10-05-02, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Hey Lou, don't get my hopes up about FOX pulling Fastlane!

It's just the playoffs man. I'm sure it'll be back after the world series.

*Sidenote...i'm guessing Firefly/John Doe was on in some markets [non-east coast?] since there are threads on both shows...
Old 10-05-02, 11:41 PM

I hate fox also, but for different reasons, i didn;t think they needed to cancell dark angel, it was my favorite show!
Old 10-05-02, 11:48 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally posted by Mantecore
I hate fox also, but for different reasons, i didn;t think they needed to cancell dark angel, it was my favorite show!
It was one of mine too. But weak writing during the second season & that Friday night slot killed it.
Old 10-06-02, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

sorry guys, I hate baseball.

Give me the Little League world series over a bunch of whiny, prissy millionaires any day.

I know, not a popular opinion. But mine nonetheless.
Old 10-06-02, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Actually, it's NFL game on Sunday late afternoon that affected the lineup.
Old 10-06-02, 01:11 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally posted by Lou Pole
Give me the Little League world series over a bunch of whiny, prissy millionaires any day.
Ooo yes...i'd MUCH rather see combative parents and 35 year old pitchers who lie and say they're 14.

I know what you're saying Lou. That annoys me too but it's not just in Baseball where you find "whiny, prissy millionaires".
Old 10-06-02, 02:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yup, it's the playoffs. I think I saw somewhere that Fastlane is restarting on October 30th or somewhere thereabouts.

Old 10-06-02, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Lou Pole
sorry guys, I hate baseball.
I dislike using the word "hate." I know there are many who love the sport, and if they'll leave my NASCAR fixation alone, I'll leave them alone.

But Friday nite, the word passed my lips many times. Whatever happened to local sports blackout rules?
Old 10-06-02, 11:51 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Not to mention the Simpsons Halloween epsidoe is Novembr 3rd....4 DAYS after Halloween!
Old 10-06-02, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally posted by GizmoDVD
Not to mention the Simpsons Halloween epsidoe is Novembr 3rd....4 DAYS after Halloween!
Bah! I'm used to that by now. Wasn't it in December last year?
Old 10-06-02, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Wizdar
I dislike using the word "hate." I know there are many who love the sport, and if they'll leave my NASCAR fixation alone, I'll leave them alone.
as a general rule, I also dislike the word. However, whenever a bunch of multi millionaires get together about playing a game and whine about how much money they're NOT making, it really pisses me off. I talked to a local firefighter in my area the other day and he was telling me that starting salary is 30k per year. With bumps over the next 5 years annually they generally top out around 50k. These are people selflessly putting they're lives on the line everyday and making so much less than these pu$$ie$ that play a game for a living.

Yes, baseball is not the only sport this occurs in, but is is the sport with the most work stoppages or threatened work stoppages in it's entire history in an effort for players or umpires to make even more money.

Yes, I agree that little league has combative parents that ruin the game for their kids, but the point it that the kids are playing (for the most part) because they love the game. Even those that are lying about their age are doing it for the love of playing the game. Rarely will you hear a 12 year old complaining about the money he is missing out on for playing.

Sorry for the short rant but it is a pet peeve. Teachers, firefighters and so many other professions deserve the money so much more than these cry baby major league players and until the fans stop coming it will only get worse. I know, dont say it...the fans will never stop...but this one has.