Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Sopranos Question RE: Pat Parisi (Season 3 spoilers inside)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-02, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want to know if Pat Parisi is really a rat.

Episode 1 has Parisi in the Sopranos' backyard with a gun. We think he is trying to kill Tony, but Pat only arrives after Gigi, which implies he followed him and that Gigi is in fact his target.
In episode 2, Pat Parisi is shown to be cooperating with the FBI and offers to wear a wire to the service and the after party. Now, I didn't see him at the funeral or at the Soprano house afterward.
Later on in the Season, Chris is strip-searched by Pat and Paulie, and Chris suggests that maybe Pat is a rat, to which Parisi gives a weird look (anger that Chris might know, or guilt that he did so or the thought crossed his mind?).
Even later, in episode 12, Pat goes on a mission to Gloria for Tony, stating he'll kill her if she contacts Tony's family about the affair. At the end of the episode, Pat is talking to his wife on his phone after picking up some groceries and he goes right home. Ostensibly, he is loyal to both Tony and his own family.

While working with the FBI, ***** was never so cordial to his wife, and he would certainly not go shopping for her so they could have dinner together. Plus he would probably not have gone home without talking to an agent first. However, his behavior in E12 is preceded by the death of Gigi earlier in the season, who Pat 'knows' to have killed his brother.

So, did Pat ever cooperate with the FBI (could that scene have been imagined in a drunken state? Junior does the same while under the influence of anethesia during his surgery.)? If so, did he change his mind after his brother's killer was finally dead? Or, is he still ratting on the family?

I watch the Sopranos on DVD, so if this question is answered in Season 4, please tell it was answered, not necessarily what the answer is. Thanks.

Edit: I watched Episode 2 again, and I saw Pat with Hesch while he tells his joke and also in the background behind Tony on the staircase during Janice's remembrance. He is blurred, but the person had glasses, so I assume it was Pat snooping upstairs, and 'watching over' Tony. Also, *****'s ghost makes an appearance. Perhaps Tony knows he's being watched or is haunted.

Last edited by evitagen; 09-30-02 at 12:00 PM.