Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Fear Factor 9/23/02

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-02, 06:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fear Factor 9/23/02

What no thread on Fear Factor?

I thought it was a pretty good show, considering it had the celebrities. A couple of observations:

1. Will Teller do anything that is asked of him, and not asked of him (eating the live hissing bug)?

2. I think Barry Williams (aka Greg Brady) feels like he has a lot to prove being an ex-Brady. First he was a contestant on celebrity boxing and got his arse kicked and now he did pretty well on Fear Factor.

3. Little Rudy from the Cosby Show showed all the big boys and girls that she's got what it takes to win it all. I really didn't think she would have the guts to get in the tank with all of those snakes.

The previews for upcoming shows, show that the producers have upped the stunts quite a bit and they should be pretty intense.

Chris
Old 09-24-02, 07:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Fear Factor 9/23/02

Originally posted by mrpayroll
What no thread on Fear Factor?

The previews for upcoming shows, show that the producers have upped the stunts quite a bit and they should be pretty intense.

Chris

Next week's show involves all types of animal penis. Rogan said it was one of the most vile ones yet.
Old 09-24-02, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Why no thread?
It was lame and won by the smallest Cosby Kid, now all grown up and desperate for attention.
Even Penn and Teller were lame.
Sad.
mini
Old 09-24-02, 07:17 PM
AJW
DVD Talk Special Edition

I would have liked to have seen Natasha Henstridge in the finals. I wonder if she would have eaten the hissing cockroach if given the chance for a free pass? Oh well.

Penn was funny making all the side bets and winning $200 for doing nothing.

Congrats to Keshia Knight Pulliam. I thought she might lose in the snake tank hockey puck challenge. She's much shorter than the other contestants and had more distance to dive down to and rise back up from.

Was that a camera or tape recorder Teller was holding in his hand? I couldn't make it out.
Old 09-24-02, 08:36 PM

Originally posted by AJW
I would have liked to have seen Natasha Henstridge in the finals. I wonder if she would have eaten the hissing cockroach if given the chance for a free pass? Oh well.

Penn was funny making all the side bets and winning $200 for doing nothing.

Congrats to Keshia Knight Pulliam. I thought she might lose in the snake tank hockey puck challenge. She's much shorter than the other contestants and had more distance to dive down to and rise back up from.

Was that a camera or tape recorder Teller was holding in his hand? I couldn't make it out.

I believe it was either a digital camera or a disposable one.

Chris
Old 09-24-02, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by minifigg
Why no thread?
It was lame and won by the smallest Cosby Kid, now all grown up and desperate for attention.
Even Penn and Teller were lame.
Sad.
mini
Whoa, narrow-minded...
Old 09-24-02, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Penn Jilette is delightfully obnoxious. I thought it was great how he kept doing the side bets and winning. I also thought Teller had an unfair advantage because he does stunts like that for a living every night in Vegas. Eat a bug? Shee-it, no biggie. Dive into a pit of snakes? Child's play. Really, they should have made his stunts a bit harder just because he's Teller.

It was funny when the guy actually said "YES!" Even Penn was surprised by the outburst.

And what has stunted Rudy Huxtable's growth? She's still the size of a five year old kid.
Old 09-24-02, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by mllefoo
Penn Jilette is delightfully obnoxious. I thought it was great how he kept doing the side bets and winning. I also thought Teller had an unfair advantage because he does stunts like that for a living every night in Vegas. Eat a bug? Shee-it, no biggie. Dive into a pit of snakes? Child's play. Really, they should have made his stunts a bit harder just because he's Teller.
Yes, that's true, but that little Keshia Knight Pulliam beat Teller. That's good.

And what has stunted Rudy Huxtable's growth? She's still the size of a five year old kid.
At least her boobs grew.
Old 09-25-02, 02:53 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
I don't know about the rest of you, but for me, fear factor has no appeal anymore. it's been the same stunts, the same everything. nothing new under the sun. and really, what can do really do anymore?
Old 09-25-02, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
I don't know about the rest of you, but for me, fear factor has no appeal anymore. it's been the same stunts, the same everything. nothing new under the sun. and really, what can do really do anymore?
Same stunts?