Search this Thread

Old 09-22-02, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 172 Posts
The Sopranos 9/22/02 "No Show"

Episode 41: "No Show"

Yahoo's preview of tonight's episode:

Spoiler:
Meadow, still despondent over the death of Jackie Jr. -- and suspecting her dad had something to do with it -- announces she's taking a year off from school. Naturally, Carmela and Tony are none too pleased to hear this, and they finally convince her to see a therapist. Meanwhile, with Paulie in stir, Christopher has to take on some new duties.
Old 09-22-02, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Must... not... read... spoilers....

BTW, from ur thread title, I thought there was going to be no show tonight. Almost made me very angry...
Old 09-22-02, 03:01 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally posted by huzefa
BTW, from ur thread title, I thought there was going to be no show tonight. Almost made me very angry...

That's what I first thought as well.
Old 09-22-02, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Something big happens this episode. If you want to know highlight the spoilers:
Spoiler:
The undercover agent screws up when Christopher is sitting inbetween Adriana and the FBI agent and Christopher starts making out with Adriana and then starts rubbing the FBI agent's leg. Adriana gets pissed at the agent and stops being her friend. The FBI call the whole thing off and just bring in Adriana and try to get her to be a mole like Big ***** was.
Old 09-22-02, 08:55 PM

I wish I was immune to spoilers or something...

I cant watch any HBO Sunday shows until Tuesday or Wednesday
Old 09-22-02, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Another great show! But I'm just very confused. Why did Sylvio go against Tony there? And why did Tony just give in? There was some thing going on there, but I couldn't figure it out.

Adriana should have just said "I want my lawyer" and shut the hell up. This is gonna cause all kinds of problems for Christopher on the way up. WRT Christopher, way to go. But it's way too early for him.

Next week's trailer looked amazing; there's definitely a building up to something big happening. A war between the two families, maybe? With Paulie switching families?
Old 09-22-02, 09:14 PM

I loved it when Chris said " the first thing I am doing is getting wings" damn I loved that. I think Adriana (sp?) is going to tell chris/tony about the FBI agent and she is going to get killed.
Old 09-22-02, 09:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Was I misreading the scene at the end with Carmela in the tub and Tony in the bathroom. She said that Meadow blamed her for what happened and Tony said "what do you mean?".

Remember when Meadow was with the therapist and the therapist asked her if Tony had molested her when she was younger and she said something like "I don't know" or "I don't remember". Could this be what Carmela was referring to? Or am I just totally wrong on this?

Chris

edited: sorry if I should be putting spoiler tags on this, but I don't know how to. Sorry!
Old 09-22-02, 09:18 PM

Fantastic episode! I got a big laugh when Adrianna vomited all over the table in the FBI conference room.

...and that final shot of Tony and Carm in the bathroom. Beautiful!
Old 09-22-02, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That was A LOT of puke.
Old 09-22-02, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

BTW, we don't need no spoiler tags in here; we are discussing the show. Another good (sorta) joke was when Patsy handed the envelope to Chris and Chris asks, "Is it all there?"; Patsy replies "Everything and the spores too." I was at that one!
Old 09-22-02, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
I laughed my ass off when Tony sat on that bowl in Meadow's room.
Old 09-22-02, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
I was a bit confused with the bit with Silvio too....he's always seemed like the most loyal of the Captains. strange things are afoot at the Bada Bing

and admit it...how many eyebrows raised just a little when Christopher suggested that the fbi chick was "A dyke"?

And what's with Carmela's getting all hot and bothered at any mention of Furio? I can't believe anything will come of that....or will it?

Final thought: Tony in the background when Artie was sizing up his put was one of best examples of how amazing an actor he is....his expressions of "come on - put already!!" were priceless!!
Old 09-22-02, 10:11 PM

Silvio is beginning to wonder if Christopher is being "promoted" ahead of him.. I think this is his way of letting Tony know he's disgruntled indirectly.

Did anyone think Tony was gonna smack Meadow around?
Old 09-22-02, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by TK-421
Silvio is beginning to wonder if Christopher is being "promoted" ahead of him.. I think this is his way of letting Tony know he's disgruntled indirectly.

Yes, and yes! She had that scared look in her eyes.
Old 09-22-02, 10:33 PM

My thougths

Hey I just briefly wanted to say that I'm fairly a newbie to Sopranos I have caught a lot of episodes but sometimes get confused with names and storylines, etc...

Tonight's episode was so friggin awesome but a few ?'s..

Does Carmella know how and why Jackie really died?
Where did the Melfi/rape storyline go?

and lastly...is anyone else out there looking foward with interest into Tony Soprano and his walls crashing down around him...these are great characters who are funny etc but what they do is obviously still wrong regardless...is anyone else out there waitin for Tony's turn as much as I am?

Anyway I dont pretend to know as much as you guys, just some newbie thoughts!! thanks, excellent show
Old 09-22-02, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally posted by TK-421
Well, she wanted three seconds. I thought Tony was going to give her...three minutes. [Sorry...wrestling reference there] But, no. I didn't think Tony would hit her.

Originally posted by WNYXican
Does Carmella know how and why Jackie really died?
Where did the Melfi/rape storyline go?
IMO I don't think Carmella knows. Melfi decided NOT to tell Tony what happened after a nail biting "Tell him DAMMIT" show. That's where it ended.

So far...
Old 09-23-02, 04:36 AM
Banned

Christopher's taking Furio's spot as the guy with the funniest lines so far this season.

"What? How hard can it be to rap?" (etc.)
Old 09-23-02, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 393 Likes on 281 Posts
All I can say is that it was worth the long arse wait for this show to come back. Shaping up to be an intersting season and last night was one of the best episodes I've seen.
Old 09-23-02, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

At least now we know for sure the timeline between season 3 & season 4-- they mentioned that the FBI agent's undercover work was 4-5 months.
Old 09-23-02, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts
Carmella is Drea DeMattea right? Been a while.

My predictions provided what GuessWho said about Christopher is right:

Spoiler:
If the show is about Christopher's rise to power, then this could happen. Carmella squeals and winds up being killed by Tony or possibly by Christopher under orders. This happens at the end of this season. However, Christopher is still peeved. Next season, rumored to be the last, ends with Tony feeling alone, like Michael Corleone at the end of Godfather II. His family is gone, and his empire in shambles. Christopher remains with him by the pool, seemingly his only friend/family left. Then suddenly, Christopher pops Tony to become the new head of organized crime. Tony lays dying looking at his pools. His last vision, the ducks come back. He dies.

Of course it's all speculation, I could be wrong!
Old 09-23-02, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,200 Likes on 4,227 Posts
Originally posted by Dr. DVD

Wrong! Carmella is Edie Falco. Adrianna is Drea DeMattea.

Great episode. Was I the only one distracted by that poster in Meadow's room? There is NO WAY Meadow Soprano hangs an N'Sync poster over her bed!
Otherwise a fine episode. Things are lookin' bad for Tony at every turn...
Old 09-23-02, 11:03 AM

Originally posted by Decker
Wrong! Carmella is Edie Falco. Adrianna is Drea DeMattea.

Great episode. Was I the only one distracted by that poster in Meadow's room? There is NO WAY Meadow Soprano hangs an N'Sync poster over her bed!
Otherwise a fine episode. Things are lookin' bad for Tony at every turn...
I think she had the same poster in her dorm room at Colombia. Good point though, it seems out of place.
Old 09-23-02, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Dr. DVD

My predictions provided what GuessWho said about Christopher is right:

Spoiler:
If the show is about Christopher's rise to power, then this could happen. Carmella squeals and winds up being killed by Tony or possibly by Christopher under orders. This happens at the end of this season. However, Christopher is still peeved. Next season, rumored to be the last, ends with Tony feeling alone, like Michael Corleone at the end of Godfather II. His family is gone, and his empire in shambles. Christopher remains with him by the pool, seemingly his only friend/family left. Then suddenly, Christopher pops Tony to become the new head of organized crime. Tony lays dying looking at his pools. His last vision, the ducks come back. He dies.

Of course it's all speculation, I could be wrong!
Spoiler:
What a very Gatsby way to go...
Old 09-23-02, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 172 Posts

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.