Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Sopranos Season Two Ending. I felt cheated. SPOILERS

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-02, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sopranos Season Two Ending. I felt cheated. SPOILERS

I did a mild search on this topic and came up partly empty. I did find many threads about the Sopranos, but since I did not yet see the 3rd season, I had to avoid them.

I just got done watching the Fun House episode and came away real disappointed. All season the viewer was drawn in about P*ssy being an informant without Tony really knowing.

Then boom, the next thing that happens is Tony eats some bad food, has a dream, and decides to kill P*ssy.

I'm like what the hell is this? Ive had bad dreams and ate bad food before, but wow- what a way out the writers took.

They managed to keep my attention for 12 or so hours, with a major major storyline. And as I said before, boom in the span of about 12 minutes it was over. Unsatisfactory.

The only rational saving grace is that if Tony did not find the hidden recording equipment in P*ssy's house then I suppose everything would have been fine between the two. Meaning that his visit was nothing more than a test.

I am alone on this? (usually I am, but I have to ask).
Old 09-14-02, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's like in Godfather Part 3 when Michael has a diabetic seizure only then does he realize that it was Don Altobello that was responisible for the massacre of The Commission. Joey Zasa left and then Altobello went after him so as not to be there. Or in GF 2 when Michael suspects his brother throughout most of the movie in having a part on the attempt on his life.

I think stuff like this is normal. Once in a while everyone has an epiphany and realize something they didn't before.
Old 09-14-02, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Actually, Tony and the gang have some reason to believe P*ssy is talking to the Feds, begining with his disappearance that occured in Season 1.

I think Tony's dream was mostly the cause of going to P*ssy's before he could wire up.

Last edited by JoeyOhhhh; 09-14-02 at 11:59 AM.
Old 09-14-02, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 279 Likes on 175 Posts
Trying to figure out when ***** turned is addressed in season 3, episode 10.
Old 09-15-02, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

speaking of season two, did they ever explain what happened to the wittness on the Bellavaqua (sp?) murder
Old 09-15-02, 07:27 PM

Received 104 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally posted by WhattheFFF
speaking of season two, did they ever explain what happened to the wittness on the Bellavaqua (sp?) murder
Spoiler:
other than the fact that the witness chose not to pursue what he saw after he heard that the hit was by Tony Soprano?
Old 09-15-02, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Geofferson
Spoiler:
other than the fact that the witness chose not to pursue what he saw after he heard that the hit was by Tony Soprano?
Pauly tells T that it's taken care of almost implied to me that they whacked they guy
Old 09-16-02, 10:01 AM

Received 104 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally posted by WhattheFFF
Pauly tells T that it's taken care of almost implied to me that they whacked they guy
Ironically, I watched this episode just yesterday and I see how this can be taken both ways.
Old 09-16-02, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I really don't think they whacked the guy. I mean that would call too much attention. I took it the other way.