Reload this Page >

Saved by the Bell question

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 08-30-02, 01:58 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was "The Max" part of the school, or was it just a restaurant that everyone in the school frequented. I'd imagine the latter, but then I remember that things like the Pep Rally were held at The Max, instead of the gym...
Old 08-30-02, 02:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't think they've ever said so, but it's my belief that it was separate from the school.

Old 08-30-02, 02:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That show was riddled with inconsistencies and things that made no sense.

Matt
Old 08-30-02, 02:42 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
I belive it was separate from school
Old 08-30-02, 07:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

my guess was that it was located right next to the school.
Old 08-30-02, 10:34 AM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts
I too think that it was meant to be right next to the school. It is kind of bizarre that pep rally's and other school events were held there, but it's inconsistincies like this that make this show what it is...bad but good.
Old 08-30-02, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 265 Likes on 168 Posts
must've been open campus then since they seemed to go there for lunch
Old 08-31-02, 03:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Saved by the Bell question

Originally posted by Wazootyman
I'd imagine the latter, but then I remember that things like the Pep Rally were held at The Max, instead of the gym...

Either the school didnt have a decent gym for a pep rally...

or the shows producers couldnt cough up any money for a gym set.

I'd say the latter.
Old 08-31-02, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Re: Saved by the Bell question

Originally posted by UAIOE
or the shows producers couldnt cough up any money for a gym set.
they had a set, as seen when they showed Slater's wrestling matches
Old 08-31-02, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
I don't know why but this thread is making me laugh

But yeah I'm pretty sure it was located next to the school. Remember the episode where they were gonna turn The Max into a parking lot or something? And they had that Save-The-Max telethon? Thats some great TV
Old 08-31-02, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 723 Likes on 528 Posts
plus you never saw Belding there unless it was a school sanctioned event. the Max was basically the Arnold's of SBTB. I just could never figure out who the owner was... was it that magician guy or was it some other unseen person who hired the kids but was never around to surpervise?
Old 08-31-02, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by GuessWho
they had a set, as seen when they showed Slater's wrestling matches

I stand corrected.

But this does make me wonder....

Where is everyone from the show now?

Wasnt Screech on that "Saved by the Bell: The Next Generation" show?

Last edited by UAIOE; 08-31-02 at 02:46 PM.
Old 09-01-02, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

[QUOTE]Originally posted by UAIOE
Wasnt Screech on that "Saved by the Bell: The Next Generation" show?
i think is he was Belding's assistant... not assistant Principal?

lindsay mckeon tho
Old 09-01-02, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by UAIOE
Where is everyone from the show now?

Mario "Slater" Lopez is a host alongside Dick Clark & Danny Bonaduce on "The Other Half' - a men's version of "The View"

Mark Paul "Zack" Gosselear is Dennis Franz's partner on NYPD Blue.
Old 09-01-02, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I hated when the magician was replaced by that sleazy, womanizing, pretty-boy, Jeff who stile Kelly away from Zach.
Old 09-01-02, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by namrufmot
I hated when the magician was replaced by that sleazy, womanizing, pretty-boy, Jeff who stile Kelly away from Zach.
Don't remind me!
Old 09-01-02, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 229 Likes on 157 Posts
How did "Tori" fit in the whole SBTB continuity?

When she was on where did Kelly and Jesse go?

When Tori left, Kelly and Jesse just reappeared.
Old 09-01-02, 07:43 PM
Cool New Member

From the ultimate SBTB web site:
Another problem came when Tiffani-Amber Thiessen (Kelly) and Elizabeth Berkley (Jessie) decided that they wanted to move on and leave the show half-way through the Grade 12 season.

SbtB producer Peter Engel seems to have come up with several solutions. He appears to have decided to produce another partial season of SbtB proper in Grade 12 at Bayside, using a new female character in the place of Kelly and Jessie.
[...]
So, a new character was created for this "half" incarnation of "Saved by the Bell". The character's name was Tori (Leanna Creel). This introduces another continuity question: it is still Grade 12 at Bayside, so where are Kelly and Jessie? It is obvious that the "Tori" Grade 12 episodes are supposed to take place in the same time-frame as the "Kelly and Jessie" Grade 12 episodes; we know this beacuse the "Tori" Grade 12 episodes were aired concurrently (i.e. on the very same days) that "Kelly & Jessie" Grade 12 episodes were in the '92-'93 Grade 12 season on NBC. So what's going on? The way to explain away this apparent discontinuity is to say that the "Tori" episodes are taking place at the same time as the "Kelly and Jessie" episodes, but that Kelly and Jessie are "off screen". Thus, Kelly and Jessie, and Tori, must be "in different classes", and we, the viewer, are seeing Tori on different days and different nights or in different locations than when or where we saw Kelly and Jessie in their Grade 12 episodes. So why are Kelly and Jessie almost never mentioned in Tori episodes, and vice versa? And why is Lisa's hair style different in some of the "Tori" episodes from the hair style she had through the entire "Kelly & Jessie" Grade 12 year? Well, you got me! and this explanation only goes so far.
Old 09-01-02, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The producers should have had contracts for the whole season for Tiffani-Amber and Elizabeth...hopefully those two had to pay up big for those pieces of crap known as the "Tori" episodes.
Old 09-02-02, 01:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Tradnor
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another problem came when Tiffani-Amber Thiessen (Kelly) and Elizabeth Berkley (Jessie) decided that they wanted to move on and leave the show half-way through the Grade 12 season.

SbtB producer Peter Engel seems to have come up with several solutions. He appears to have decided to produce another partial season of SbtB proper in Grade 12 at Bayside, using a new female character in the place of Kelly and Jessie.
[...]
So, a new character was created for this "half" incarnation of "Saved by the Bell". The character's name was Tori (Leanna Creel). This introduces another continuity question: it is still Grade 12 at Bayside, so where are Kelly and Jessie? It is obvious that the "Tori" Grade 12 episodes are supposed to take place in the same time-frame as the "Kelly and Jessie" Grade 12 episodes; we know this beacuse the "Tori" Grade 12 episodes were aired concurrently (i.e. on the very same days) that "Kelly & Jessie" Grade 12 episodes were in the '92-'93 Grade 12 season on NBC. So what's going on? The way to explain away this apparent discontinuity is to say that the "Tori" episodes are taking place at the same time as the "Kelly and Jessie" episodes, but that Kelly and Jessie are "off screen". Thus, Kelly and Jessie, and Tori, must be "in different classes", and we, the viewer, are seeing Tori on different days and different nights or in different locations than when or where we saw Kelly and Jessie in their Grade 12 episodes. So why are Kelly and Jessie almost never mentioned in Tori episodes, and vice versa? And why is Lisa's hair style different in some of the "Tori" episodes from the hair style she had through the entire "Kelly & Jessie" Grade 12 year? Well, you got me! and this explanation only goes so far.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm pretty sure that if I really try hard to read and understand all that my head will either explode or I'll get serious brain damage.

It never really "felt" like The Max was close to school. I always thought The Max was close to a beach but then again the school was called Bayside wasn't it?
Old 09-02-02, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I thought that they explained away kelly and jessies absence by saying they went to model in europe?
Old 09-02-02, 08:16 PM

Originally posted by JMLEWIS1
I thought that they explained away kelly and jessies absence by saying they went to model in europe?
Yeah, didnt they get offered modeling contracts and go off??????? I didn't remember that til ya mentioned it, the only thing that was weird was that they still showed episodes w/ them on it on the same day they showed the tori episodes, for example the kelly/jessie eps were on @ 10 am and the Tori ep @ 11am or somethin like that....
Old 09-02-02, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Yeah, but if I remember correctly, they had a graduation and prom episodes with Kelly and Jessie. So the show technically "ended" with them right? The Tori thing really maes no sense, as it seemed like a whole nother year (maybe the other 4 failed? )

Plus I can never get over Tori Spelling in the Saved by the Bell Episodes.
Old 09-02-02, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Jericho
Yeah, but if I remember correctly, they had a graduation and prom episodes with Kelly and Jessie. So the show technically "ended" with them right? The Tori thing really maes no sense, as it seemed like a whole nother year (maybe the other 4 failed? )

Plus I can never get over Tori Spelling in the Saved by the Bell Episodes.
yes, Kelly and Jesse were back for the Graduation episode. it was aired in primetime also. but, i think everyone got into a college, like zack into harvard or something. so that episode doesn't match up with the college years.... and i even think they aired the graduation episode again in primetime in the time slot before the college years pilot aired if i am not mistaken.
Old 09-02-02, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

ok.. and where exactly is bayside? is it near a beach? and if so.. why did they have to travel so far to work and stay at the resort with leah remini?

also, we never see the girl in the wheelchair or the homeless girl at bayside ever again...

and did anyone else think that girl from 'checkmate' magazine (who stole screech's lucky beret that violet gave him) was a hottie?

i was such a SBtB mark..

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.