Reload this Page >

Save Daniel Jackson! (SG-1)

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 08-28-02, 11:02 PM
AOD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't see another post about this subject, but I think it is very important to Stargate SG-1 fans. If you are a true fan then I am sure you know that Daniel Jackson has been written out of the SG-1 script. He is the reason for the show in the first place! Below is a website that is sending request to MGM and Sci-Fi channel to write him back in. It only takes a minute. PLEASE sign, even if you are not a SG-1 fan (just to help out a fellow DVDTALKER). Once again I apologize if this has been brought up before. Thanks in advance.

Save Daniel Jackson
Old 08-29-02, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think that ship has sailed. He wasnt written out Michael Shanks left of his own accord.
Old 08-29-02, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I really liked Micheal Shanks as Jackson, and was sad to see him go... No, I don't think there's been any previous mention here of the official fan campaign to get him back on the show.

Has he said he even wants back on? I thought he quit. You do know, of course, he's been gone for half a season already and a new cast member is well established, right?

Although I like Nemic just fine, it was disappointing to see one of the original team leave so far into the series, and so close to the end--if the show does end as first planned.

Good luck with your campaign, at any rate...
Old 08-29-02, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Daniel was in an episode this year, so he's not totally gone. He left of his own accord.
Old 08-29-02, 11:05 PM
AOD

I do know that he's been gone for half a season and that he left on his own, but this is the first time I came across the afformentioned fan site, so I guess the ship might still be getting gas . His replacement is ok, but it's just not the same. Maybe the fan site could show how much he is really missed. Thanks everyone.
Old 08-30-02, 10:43 AM

Remembering a SciFi mag I read Christmas, he left because of differences with Richard Dean Anderson, and the team in general over the direction the show was heading.

RDA et al wanted to turn the show into a more SciFi Xfiles show , and Michael Shanks thought it was wrong to go that route at the expense of the Gou'a'uld type storylines and marginalise the mythology of Stargate.

It was intimated that no love was lost between the two of them, so as much as I miss Daniel, I would very much doubt that he'll return permanently.
All that said I will add my sig to any pro-Daniel website.