Reload this Page >

Behind the Music - TLC

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Behind the Music - TLC

Old 08-28-02, 01:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Behind the Music - TLC

There was a repeat of BTM on TLC, and while I've already seen it (they repeat BTM to death on VH1), I was curious to see if they would mention anything about the death of one of the members, Lisa Lopezwhich happened earlier this year, before the show was made.

So, towards the end of the show, I tuned in, and as it turns out, the ending wasn't changed. All that was shown was how Lisa's relationship ended with that football player. I think the least you can do when somebody dies is mention that in a show about them.
Old 08-28-02, 01:50 AM

BTM is to VH1 as Real World/Road Rules is to MTV. They repeat the program until regular viewers vomit. As if I needed to see/ or care what happened to Poison.

Anyhow, Milli Vanilli got their ending changed after his suicide. So it is odd not see them change the ending for TLC.

Maybe they should wait until bands have broken up/ artists have retired before the do a behind a music on them.
Old 08-28-02, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, if you look at the new release list , TLC has a new CD coming out in October, so if it bombs or something, they may get around to updating it.

BTW, on last night's BTM 5th Anniversery Special, the announcer said that Shania Twain's BTM has been aired over 150 times. Who needs to see that 150 times???
Old 08-30-02, 01:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Shania is hot! She is worth seeing over and over....

As for TLC, it may cost too much to update even one show. Looking at most of these BTM's one has to wonder how most of these people are still alive anyways.
Old 08-30-02, 01:43 AM
My Generosity Is Legendary

Originally posted by freedexter

BTW, on last night's BTM 5th Anniversery Special, the announcer said that Shania Twain's BTM has been aired over 150 times. Who needs to see that 150 times???
:raises hand:
Old 08-30-02, 06:59 PM

Most of the BTM episodes from four or five years ago are already horribly outdated (Metallica, Ozzy, etc.) This channel's ratings have apparently fallen through the floor during the past year. Maybe if they spent more than 75 cents per week on programming and stopped repeating the same stuff 150 times per month, this might change? Saying that they've shown the Dr. Dre BTM episode 300 times is probably NOT an exaggeration.