Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Is The Rock a cool guy or what?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-02, 08:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is The Rock a cool guy or what?

This is more tv related so I posted here:

Seems after smackdown last week, The Rock treated one of his fans to some entertainment in the ring: link (go to page 2 for the video).. Now I know a lot of sports/tv/movie stars are ok in the way they treat their fans, but more often than not they are not too friendly.. and while this is just one incident that's being publicized, I think the Rock is a truly classy guy.
Old 08-24-02, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yes the rock is a great guy. I met him once when I was at a event and he is a really nice person to talk to. That little boy mitchell has cancer and rock met him at a Make a Wish event a few months back and the rock remembered his face. So when he saw him in the crowd he asked him to come up. It wasnt planned at all. The entire story can be read at

http://www.wwe.com/news/headlines/1168871

There are a lot of wrestlers who do things like this. Even some who have gotten a bad rep in the past. My cousin had cancer when he was 5 years old and Make a Wish sent his family to Disney world. Well they were eating breakfast one morning and up walked Hulk Hogan so say Hi to him and took some pictures. My cousin if a Big Hogan fan.

My aunt used to work at a childrens hospital and lots of famous people(including wrestlers) used to come and greet the children for a few hours.
Old 08-25-02, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That was a damn cool thing to do. Worth viewing the media file at that link if you haven't already.
Old 08-25-02, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

to the Rock. So many celebrities forget the people that made them, the people that admire them and it's good to see someone famous live up to the reputation of being a "good guy"
Old 08-25-02, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Ya know, I missed Smackdown this week when it was broadcasted. Thank god for USEnet. Some kind soul posted a "pre-air' version. Anyways...when I finished d/l it, the Rock & Edge finishes their match, then Brock & Rock do their thing, then the rock starts talking again. At this point [between the two VCDs] the time is now close to an hour 45 minutes. That's when he pulls Mitchell up into the ring. He kids around for a lil bit, then it finally ends at 1hr 55m. In fact, they show the entire area clearing out with the WWE announcer thanking them for attending.

Now my question is...i'm assuming this is a feed of some sort [satellite?] Do you DirecTV or Dish people see all of this too? I have cable -- so whatever the Dolan boys [the bastards] & the networks say, goes...
Old 08-25-02, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

What group?
Old 08-25-02, 03:11 PM

Originally posted by Rogue588
Ya know, I missed Smackdown this week when it was broadcasted. Thank god for USEnet. Some kind soul posted a "pre-air' version. Anyways...when I finished d/l it, the Rock & Edge finishes their match, then Brock & Rock do their thing, then the rock starts talking again. At this point [between the two VCDs] the time is now close to an hour 45 minutes. That's when he pulls Mitchell up into the ring. He kids around for a lil bit, then it finally ends at 1hr 55m. In fact, they show the entire area clearing out with the WWE announcer thanking them for attending.

Now my question is...i'm assuming this is a feed of some sort [satellite?] Do you DirecTV or Dish people see all of this too? I have cable -- so whatever the Dolan boys [the bastards] & the networks say, goes...
hey that sounds pretty cool, is that a usual thing, the pre air thing? and how much do you pay a month? ofcorse no commentary right?
Old 08-25-02, 05:25 PM

Yeah, i've been downloading that show the last few days.. i figured it was the satellite feed.. I'm not sure how it works, but I know that it's the same way people get all the simpson's episodes for the week in one go, because the network sends it down to its subsidiaries through the satellite, then they just play them when scheduled. It's not directtv or dish AFAIK, it's the other big dish satellite stuff.

hehe this is all from my bad memory of reading something about big dishes a while ago.
Old 08-25-02, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is why i picked The Rock over Vin Diesel as the next "action star"

The Rock is very classy.
Old 08-26-02, 01:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
The Rock is very classy. I've met a few celebrities here and there but I can honestly say that The Rock was the most down to earth out of all of them.