Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Farscape 08.09

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-02, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Farscape 08.09

Pretty good episode. Sluggish at the beginning.

For some reason I thought that drug that Crichton's taking was going to figure into the whole "assassin" plot. Guess not.

I'm really getting tired of Chiana getting her ass kicked.

Was there a reason for certain scenes/lines to be repeated? Or did Hammer cut their budget in her effort to kill the series forcing them to repeat things to pad the hour?

Interesting SG-1 Contest. I am SO interested in having a SG-1 character named after me.
Old 08-10-02, 12:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)
I'd apply for the SG-1 contest, but they're already using someone with my name -- and it's not a particularly common one to begin with.

I was having trouble following the episode at the very start as well. Probably something deleted that'll show up on the DVD giving a little more setting info. I didn't catch if this "Aeryn assassin" thing was in any way related to the episode I only caught half of a few weeks ago when that ship came looking for her and Scorpy appeared on board. Have they explained that yet?

Tuan Jim
Old 08-10-02, 05:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Farscape is not owned by Sci-Fi channel so how can bonnie hammer cut there budget?

capt
Old 08-10-02, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Farscape 08.09

Originally posted by Rogue588
For some reason I thought that drug that Crichton's taking was going to figure into the whole "assassin" plot. Guess not.
I thought the same thing too. I thought for sure the Crichton's black "forgetful" weed would have counter-acted the insect bite suggestions.

Was there a reason for certain scenes/lines to be repeated? Or did Hammer cut their budget in her effort to kill the series forcing them to repeat things to pad the hour?
There was absolutely zero explanation for the overlapping scenes. Was this technique used just to underscore the alienness of this new area of space? Where was Scorpy and Rigel?

Interesting SG-1 Contest. I am SO interested in having a SG-1 character named after me.
Yeah, I'll enter - under the name "John Crichton."
Old 08-10-02, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Re: Farscape 08.09

Originally posted by CaptDS9E Farscape is not owned by Sci-Fi channel so how can bonnie hammer cut there budget?
This was sarcasm Capt since Hammer seems intent on driving Farscape into the ground...

Originally posted by Rogue588 Interesting SG-1 Contest. I am SO interested in having a SG-1 character named after me.
Originally posted by grunter Yeah, I'll enter - under the name "John Crichton."
We should all enter with this name. Or at least with Farscape character names.
Old 08-10-02, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
The repeating scenes thing was bizarre, made even more bizarre since it made no sense and had no point. The only thing it did was introduce us to all the players on this planet...but there's better ways to get that done.

I'm intrigued as to where the Cricton happy juice story is going and exactly how grandma figures into it all, I'm still not convinced that she isn't working against the Moya crew.
Old 08-10-02, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The scenes were repeating to illustrate how perceptions change if you only know part of the story.

When a scene repeated, it added more dialogue to the beginning to let you know more of what was going on.

D