Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old Wall Street Week vs. New Wall Street Week

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-02, 01:51 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old Wall Street Week vs. New Wall Street Week

As an avid fan of Louis Rukyser (? I'm a fan but I can't spell his name) I followed his show over to CNBC rather than watch the dreadful new version on PBS. Now get a load of this from the IMDb Newswire:
Fortune Deals With Parent's Misfortune
Given AOL Time Warner's misfortunes, writers attending the TV critics' summer tour in Pasadena Wednesday peppered Geoff Colvin, co-host of PBS's new Wall Street Week with Fortune, with questions about possible conflicts of interest. (Fortune is a Time Inc. publication.) "I assure you that we're going to be every bit as objective and unsparing in dealing with AOL Time Warner on this show as we have been in the magazine," Colvin said. He was then asked whether he'd ever recommended selling AOL stock on the show. John Doyle of the Toronto Globe & Mail, who covered the session, commented in today's edition: "The pause before his namby-pamby answer was greeted with laughter. We all shrugged, shook our heads and thought what boobs these people are."
How long until PBS's version goes off the air? I say one year. Once pledge week comes along and the show earns NO money, it will be toast. Why would anyone watch a show with its sponsor right there in the title (what is this 1955, "Gerytol brings you Twenty-One"). A sponsor under formal SEC investigation no less. Yeah, I'm going to get investment advice from them