Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Farscape 7/26

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-02, 12:15 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Farscape 7/26

Cronenberg’s gonna be pissed when he sees this. (lawsuit?)

I kinda liked the GvsE split screen effects. So far, though, it seems like they’re trying to kill time between real scripts.
Old 07-27-02, 12:24 AM
Banned

So many film references (Time Bandits?) but getting cooler between each commercial break.
Old 07-27-02, 12:54 AM
Banned

Virginia Hey? Hey!
This episode isn't the throw away that I expected in the first half hour.
I loved the whole "die to get another chance at getting a better score on that level" type suicide by John.

Pretty cool stuff.
Old 07-27-02, 12:57 AM
Banned

I just figured that four is a lucky number. And why not increase my post count as my chi itself is expanded?
Old 07-27-02, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
I was thinking total throwaway after the first two commercial breaks. But even so I wasn't disappointed, Farscape throwaways tend to be some of the most bizzarre (in a good way) episodes on TV.

Its only been a few episodes, but I do miss Jool? Weird, since I never liked her character much.
Old 07-27-02, 06:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've decided I adore Ben Browder as much for his brain (as he's the one who wrote John Quixote ) as for his outstanding looks .

Seeing all the old characters again, even in the different roles, was wonderful. And I loved seeing Aeryn w/ a Southern lisp-y accent and that big blonde wig. How fun.

It was a fun filler episode with just a few points to carry the seasonal story arc, but definitely a stand-out.
Old 07-27-02, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I loved the first 30 minutes, and everything else. The best thing about Farscape is their absolutely fearless story-telling. They'll try anything, and it often works. Great to see all our old friends again. Loved the make-up on Lani. And Claudia's accent was priceless. Everything about this episode showcased the creativity of those who make this show. I wouldn't want every episode to be like this, but I love the two or three they do each season that push things beyond the strange.

And something about Sikozu really gives me the hot.

das
Old 07-27-02, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I kept cracking up over the obvious Max Headroom homage... And Aeryn's southern belle lisp was damn_funny too... I wonder if most people recognized Lani, though -- I would have done a slightly more Crais-influenced monster design...

It surprised me to see Ms. Hey there in the flesh... I thought it would just be a voice-over cameo from the previews, since I'd heard she wasn't going to go back into the makeup chair... I guess she changed her mind about that? It looked the the full blue makeup to me -- not just some computer tint or process... (Although there was some obvious change in her makeup design...)

Last edited by adamblast; 07-28-02 at 12:01 AM.