Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Anyone going to watch the Anna Nicole show??

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Anyone going to watch the Anna Nicole show??

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-02, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,859 Likes on 1,150 Posts
Originally posted by cooper2000
You can have her Giantrobo
!!

I think it's really trying to appeal to the same audience as WWF and to the fans who look up to "The Rock" as a cultural Icon.

I've seen more interesting people on "Blind Date or "Elimidate"."
1. Thank you sir can I have another?

2. What's your point? If we want "HIGH END" entertainment we'll switch to the A&E channel or PBS. I'm sorry those of us with differing tastes are so beneath you. While I'm down here would you like a kiss?
Old 08-08-02, 12:51 AM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
Latest is that she blew off E!'s promo for her show, because of an, "emotional crisis".

If you blow off your own network to promote your own show you know there's something wrong. She's got some serious problems and I see E!'s show as nothing but blatant exploitation. Seeing that Howard Stern likes it so much doesn't surprise me one bit, being that that's exactly the kind of market he caters to.

As to whether she's "always" that way or not, well, I could care less. I won't be watching again. If I want to see folks with substance abuse problems I'll go down to my local tavern or AA meeting. Alot more entertaining.
Old 08-08-02, 12:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I didn't watch the show, did she ever get any of the old guys money?
Old 08-08-02, 01:11 AM
Banned

Id love a kiss! Please send me a photo of yourself.

I like Low brow Entertainment as much as the next guy but Good Low Brow Entertainment.
Anna Nicole doesnt even make it in to that classification.
Old 08-08-02, 02:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think the problem here is that shes not really that big of a celebrity.

A washed up Playboy playmate who married a man 3 times her age for money. This is interesting? To listen to her bitch about how shes been done wrong by the children of the old man she married? How she won't see the millions of dollars her husband had that she "didnt" marry him for?

I agree with Cooper2000, this isnt low brow entertainment...this is scraping the bottom of the barrel.

There are hundreds of other more worthy (and actual) celebrities out there that could have had this show instead of her.

I just do not see the appeal of watching a show that glorifies her pathetic life and her attempts to take money form the old guys kids.
Old 08-08-02, 03:30 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally posted by UAIOE

I just do not see the appeal of watching a show that glorifies her pathetic life and her attempts to take money form the old guys kids.

The "kids" are all wealthy senior citizens!
Old 08-08-02, 03:31 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Id love a kiss! Please send me a photo of yourself.

I like Low brow Entertainment as much as the next guy but Good Low Brow Entertainment.
Anna Nicole doesnt even make it in to that classification.

1. Anytime coop....just wash'em first.

2. We will agree to disagree

Peace
Old 08-08-02, 04:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Giantrobo
The "kids" are all wealthy senior citizens!

Which is what he was the day she was born.
Old 08-08-02, 04:55 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally posted by UAIOE

Which is what he was the day she was born.

So what?

When I'm 90 + I wouldn't care if some hot chick is just with me for my money. I 'm sure he knew the score but he didn't care. Why are you guys so protective of money YOU WILL NEVER GET ANY PART OFF????? Where you in his family? Did ANS take your money?

At that age, old men just need to FEEL big tits...oops! I mean they just need to FEEL like someone wants them whether it's true or not isn't important. Once you die who cares what happens to the money. The sons didn't seem that close to him anyway, In fact, I'll bet they had the same golddigger plans she supposedly had. Families like that just toss their old relatives aside until they're near death and money is around.

And another thing....As long as you guys keep giving skanks like Julia Roberts a chance I will always be a "ANS" fan.

i would rather watch her(ANS's) "trainwreck" of a show than JR horseface anyday.....

Last edited by Giantrobo; 08-08-02 at 04:58 AM.
Old 08-08-02, 09:16 AM
Banned

Giant, now I am really curious to see what you look like since we agree to disagree.

In my opinion, the Old Man and Anna were bothing using each other. He for "tits" as someone put it and her for "Moola."
He sure didnt marry her for her Intellect.
Old 08-08-02, 09:44 AM
dek
DVD Talk Legend

Location: On the road to reclaiming Lord Stanleys Cup, Turlock CA
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/doc_o_day/doc_o_day.shtml

Read that. That old guy threw money at her from the get go. 1000-5000 for lunch or whatever.

"Within a week of meeting her, J Howard told Vicki (ANS) he was going to marry her"
Old 08-08-02, 02:48 PM
Banned

Lock her in the Big Brother Household and see how she does for a week. Now that would be good television. See who kills her first.
Old 08-08-02, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Giant, now I am really curious to see what you look like since we agree to disagree.

In my opinion, the Old Man and Anna were bothing using each other. He for "tits" as someone put it and her for "Moola."
He sure didnt marry her for her Intellect.

1. What do you mean? I am getting a divorce so e-mail me. But be warned, I tend to like "Ricky Martin" types.

2. That's my point. I don't think he was this silly old man who thought she really loved him...but then again. maybe she did love him AND want his money. That could very well be the case. They had a nice little "TRADE AGREEMENT" going on and I see NO problem with that as long they both knew the score.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 08-08-02 at 06:21 PM.
Old 08-08-02, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Blaster1
This show looks horrible. They show previews of it that are supposed to be funny, but they aren't.

What he said.
Old 08-09-02, 03:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Giantrobo
i would rather watch her(ANS's) "trainwreck" of a show than JR horseface anyday.....

This i agree with...Julia Roberts is nothing special and i detest everything i see her ugly face in.

But i still dont think its right to glorify Anna Nichole Smiths marrying some half dead zombie just so she can have his money when he croaks. I mean, watching the show is sorta sending out the message that its ok to put gold digging individuals on TV...because its not.

P.S...Julia Roberts is fugly
Old 08-09-02, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Everyone is saying that 'maybe he did love her' and 'maybe they had an agreement'....but I thought this whole court battle is because all of his Wills and stuff did not give a dime to her, and she's saying that she should get something.

I don't think there'd be this huge court battle if he had just put in his WILL "give ANS XXX amount of money".
Old 08-09-02, 08:11 AM
dek
DVD Talk Legend

Location: On the road to reclaiming Lord Stanleys Cup, Turlock CA
edit - She wasn't in the will but she has plenty of witnesses who saw the man say he would give her half his fortune. The children, in their 50s, felt she shouldn't recieve a dime.

Last edited by dek; 08-09-02 at 08:46 AM.
Old 08-10-02, 04:55 PM

E! is just something else... I was watching old SNL reruns on there, and after every commercial break they'd put an Anna Nicole show ad at the bottom of the screen, with sound effects of her dog barking that were louder than the show they were advertising over. There was at least one joke I couldn't hear because of the Anna Nicole show ads.

And then after that Howard Stern was starting, and showed some woman with a caption underneath saying "want's [sic] to be evaluated by howard." How hard is it to find people who finished the 8th grade to handle on-screen text? Maybe Anna Nicole's doing it...
Old 08-16-02, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts
There are some court papers over at the smoking gun website where it details how she's too stupid to even fill out a check properly. She'd write things like "Ten Hundred Five Dollars 10,50.00"

That's about the funniest thing I have heard all summer. What an idiot.
Old 08-16-02, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This is pretty funny. Entertainment Weekly's website has an Anna Nicole Show Drinking Game:

• Every time Anna Nicole noshes, take a drink.
  • Every time she's seen without her attorney, Howard, take a drink.
  • Every time she addresses the camera, take a drink. (If she comes on to the camera, do a double.)
  • Every time she stumbles, clumsily spill a shot all over your face.
  • Every time she talks about masturbation, take a sip of blush wine.
  • Every time she mentions the fact that she hasn't had sex in two years, take a drink while fastening a chastity belt around your waist.
  • Every time she flaunts her breasts, adjusts them, or refers to them by name, take two drinks. (Caution: Please have an EMT standing by in case of alcohol poisoning.)
  • Every time she converses with her pooch, Sugar Pie, share a Milk-Bone with your dog.
  • Every time she encourages Sugar Pie to hump her stuffed bear, rub up against the person to your left.
  • Every time Anna Nicole herself mounts an object or person, close your eyes, plug your ears, and chant, ''La-la-la-la-la-I'm-not-listening!''
  • Every time she mispronounces a word, throw a dictionary at the TV.
  • Every time she bickers with her assistant, Kim, punch the shoulder of the person to your right.
  • Every time she engages in a sweet-'n'-awkward conversation with her son, Daniel, call your mom and tell her that you love her.
  • Every time she refers to -- or directly addresses -- her late 90-year-old billionaire husband, give $475 million to the person on your left.
  • Any time she seems embarrassed by her own behavior, game over.
Old 08-17-02, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

no.
Old 08-17-02, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the chick is FATTY FAT FAT FAT. man she looks like a damn pig. it's pretty sad and sicking. saw her on leno and I would not ever want to be bored enough to watch her show..(rather post)

Man what a whale.
Old 08-17-02, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Originally posted by lordzeppelin

My sentiments exactly. At least she doesn't look like a sickening skeleton like the rest of the models out there...
she looks like she ate about 80 of those skeleton models..
Old 08-17-02, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

No.
Old 08-17-02, 07:46 PM

"I didn't watch the show, did she ever get any of the old guys money?"

God, I hope so. It makes me sick that that guy's senior citizen "kids" would fight her for the money (as long as there's some proof that he intended to give her some--a will or witnesses). Their not letting her have her share is like saying their dad was too stupid to spend his money the way he wanted to, and too stupid to marry who he wanted to. From all I've heard, he was old, not stupid.

tasha
(No, I didn't watch the show, although after reading this thread I've decided I ought to watch an ep of the Osbournes to see what it's like. I'm not a big fan of trash tv, but I totally support trashy type people to be trashy if they want to. )

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.