TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Batchelorettes in Alaska finale

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-02, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Batchelorettes in Alaska finale

Ha ha ha.

I loved seeing Rebekah getting stood up by Jason. That was delicious, especially with the way it was edited by the producers.

I knew Karen wasn't getting a proposal from Kurt.

Cecile got a reprieve with Tim #1. (But he wussed out later)

Andrea somehow got Kristian to give it a go.

Sissy was a shoe-in to get the nod from Brent.

Last edited by Patman; 07-08-02 at 05:49 AM.
Old 07-07-02, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Just my opinion here I dont wanna be a thread crapper but...this was a pretty lame show. Each of these women seem a bit too successful in their personal lives to be looking for a husband this way, but hey whatever gets the ratings and adds drama right?
Old 07-08-02, 05:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

No arguments, it was pretty lame, but still I watched. It's been a dull summer...
Old 07-08-02, 09:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah.. just something else to watch. This finale was not very entertaining. I figured no one would be there for Rebekah because she flirted with everyone, dated alot of guys, not alot of time.. didn't really find the right guy to get serious with. Though she leaves with $23k.. not bad compared to what you had to do in Boot Camp last year for $50k.
Old 07-08-02, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did they get to leave with the dowry? I thought a dowry was only granted if they got a proposal. Only saw 2.5 episodes so I really don't know the rules.

At the end they mentioned "Andrea and Christian are maintaining a long distance relationship." What does that mean? Did they get married? Are they just dating? They were doomed after he said he wasn't interested but she kept pushing him into dating, imo.

So was this all a pointless game? I mean... you'd think there would be better ratings and more interest in the show and sequels if the women actually got married to the guys. This just turned into a farce of hoping to marry a man you really don't know.

At least it was a diversion from losing X-Files this year.
Old 07-08-02, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I think you have to marry to receive the dowery (otherwise, it's really just a game show!)

Last edited by Patman; 07-08-02 at 12:46 PM.
Old 07-08-02, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by goofee girl
Did they get to leave with the dowry? I thought a dowry was only granted if they got a proposal. Only saw 2.5 episodes so I really don't know the rules.

At the end they mentioned "Andrea and Christian are maintaining a long distance relationship." What does that mean? Did they get married? Are they just dating? They were doomed after he said he wasn't interested but she kept pushing him into dating, imo.

So was this all a pointless game? I mean... you'd think there would be better ratings and more interest in the show and sequels if the women actually got married to the guys. This just turned into a farce of hoping to marry a man you really don't know.

At least it was a diversion from losing X-Files this year.
Speaking of which...I miss the Lone Gunmen already