Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

With love, THE MOLE (7/2)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: In the town square, the mole was...
reunited with their loved one.
90.00%
not reunited with their loved one.
10.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-02, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It was the reunion show. So, obviously, I created a question that wasn't on the quiz, but should prove interesting on your observation skills.

Some notes:
* As of tonights episode, all of the players from the "dumb" group have been eliminated.
* At least one member from each team in the very first game is still active.
Old 07-03-02, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is just a theory but after what's her face took the money and left they said twice something about it being a "whole new game". Same thing when they started this week's show. I think the girl from last week could have been the mole and they selected a new one to throw everyone off. I think the rules say if the Mole can not or does not finish the game they would select someone else.

I haven't really read any other threads on this so if I'm repeating what's been going around please forgive me.
Old 07-03-02, 02:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts
I am sticking with Dorothy as the mole even though she seems to screw up every game. Maybe they are trying to make her so obvious that everyone will think she can't possibly be the mole.

My co-runners up are Darwin (Hasn't he been involved in every fine the team has gotten so far?) and Bill (I can't ignore that telegram).
Old 07-03-02, 05:54 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I don't know that I really liked last night's episode. Didn't it seem that the whole 'identify the loved one' look like a set-up for Heather? C'mon... he was right in the middle of the plaza standing with one other person, facing the window they were looking out of. All the other loved ones were obscured somehow by their positioning. I understand the man was going to propose to Heather but that part of the game was a giveaway.

Dorothy is suddenly getting a huge amount of airtime... wonder why?

Katie is gone? Up until last night I didn't mind her... she got a little annoying to me and then her dad started to cry while she bungee jumped. Heh. We know where she learned to show her feelings.

They didn't focus enough on the clue. The photograph. Did anyone catch what all that was about. I couldn't tell if everyone was holding up the newspapers upsidedown or what.

Why is it that last year the only female that made it close to the end was the mole? This year there are only two gals left... so I'm going to change my guess from Al to Dorothy or Heather. Otherwise the game would end up being a big testosterone fight.
Old 07-03-02, 07:36 AM
Admin Emeritus

The clue was that the seven people holding the newspapers in front of their faces were the "loved ones." The clue read something like, "Can you tell what is missing? With love, The Mole." What was missing was the "loved ones'" faces... the significance of the "with love" closing was the fact that the people in the picture were the loved ones.
Old 07-03-02, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm glad I changed my vote to Bill last week so now I dont have to do an about face now that katie is gone (thank god!!!!).

The Mole is Bill.
Old 07-03-02, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: With love, THE MOLE (7/2)

Originally posted by MarkHoltz
* At least one member from each team in the very first game is still active.
And notice that BOTH leaders from the first game are still here: Darwin and Bill.

Crossbow Biathalon: Only Bribs is still here.
Pulse Rope Walk: Al and Heather.
Swing For Life: Only Dorothy.
Old 07-03-02, 08:27 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
It's true that if the Mole leaves they replace the Mole, but they also would tell the players about it. Elavia was not the Mole, you can drop that theory right now.

I still say Darwin is the Mole. True, he did meet all of his challenges, but in this challenge more than just the game was at stake. If I were the Mole, I'd do my best on this particular game so that people could see her family.

Dorothy's complete lack of concern that she wasn't going to see her mother does raise her "Mole Stock" with me a little bit. But then again, she's just a creepy person in general. Even if she's not the Mole, I'm convinced that she's an early "Terminator" prototype.

If Bill was the Mole, I think he would have tried harder to sabotage the game. It was clear that he didn't have a real strong desire to see his brother-in-law, so it would have been the perfect opportunity.

I was hoping that after Heather's boyfriend proposed, Anderson Cooper would appear and offer her an immunity if she turned him down.
Old 07-03-02, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Groucho
If Bill was the Mole, I think he would have tried harder to sabotage the game. It was clear that he didn't have a real strong desire to see his brother-in-law, so it would have been the perfect opportunity.
Yeah, but everyone's probably seen pictures and heard stories about his wife. Typical Mole behavior would be to have the producers bring in someone you've never described -- like a brother-in-law -- and hope that your feeble 30-second description isn't sufficient to identify him.

Was the excuse "she couldn't find her passport"? If so...
Old 07-03-02, 10:02 AM

Originally posted by Static Cling
The clue was that the seven people holding the newspapers in front of their faces were the "loved ones." The clue read something like, "Can you tell what is missing? With love, The Mole." What was missing was the "loved ones'" faces... the significance of the "with love" closing was the fact that the people in the picture were the loved ones.
Thanks, SC! I actually thought that the photo would become more relevant later on in the show. I didn't stop to think that it was only for this one identify game.

Do you think you could pick out your loved one from that photo? Wonder how hard it would be?
Old 07-03-02, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was hoping that after Heather's boyfriend proposed, Anderson Cooper would appear and offer her an immunity if she turned him down.
Old 07-03-02, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,194 Likes on 2,061 Posts
I'm still sticking with Bill as the Mole. The letter said "With Love, The Mole" Now I'm probably looking too much into this but Bill went out of his way to say he didn't love his brother in-law. Could Bill's "loved one" be something else missing from the photo?

I was hoping Al would be executed last night to make my choice clear but he wasn't...On the bright side Katie was executed

I don't really understand why all the people in these reality shows get so emotional when it comes to seeing their loved ones. If they were gone for months and months, then I'd understand, but the contestants are only gone for a matter of weeks. Who cares if you don't see Mom or Sis.
Old 07-03-02, 12:56 PM

This was a dissapointing episode, only redeeming quality was that Katie was finally executed. I think that these challenges left little chance for the Mole to foil, it was kind of a lets boost the pot a little bit and make people feel good day.
Old 07-03-02, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally posted by GoldenJCJ
I don't really understand why all the people in these reality shows get so emotional when it comes to seeing their loved ones. If they were gone for months and months, then I'd understand, but the contestants are only gone for a matter of weeks. Who cares if you don't see Mom or Sis.
I was thinking the same thing. What, do these people still live at home? God forbid they work a job that keeps them on the road or travelling. I love em' to death, but I can survive a couple of months without talking to my family before getting all teary-eyed and snot nosed blubbering.

Bill is the mole, and karma bit him in the butt by letting his decieving self not get to see his wife and be stuck with his circus performer/biker brother in law.
Old 07-03-02, 03:29 PM

I still say heather, although they focused on her too much in this episode. I guess with the whole getting married thing, they would focus on her more though...

She's had some obvious mess ups (touching the bike), and some other mess ups that can't be blamed completely on her, but seem suspicious (yesterdays spot the relative episode). She seems to have most of their trust as well (both of the girls picked her for the relative game, passed up exemption for "good of the group"), putting her in the position to pass off any sabotages as clumsy mistakes.

Also, if you watched the execution, look at her face when Katie's name comes up. This is important for her too because Katie and herself were the only ones left, if Katie got a green that would mean Heather was gone...but when they cut to her, she didn't seem nervous at all.
Old 07-03-02, 04:33 PM

Originally posted by goofee girl

Katie is gone? Up until last night I didn't mind her... she got a little annoying to me and then her dad started to cry while she bungee jumped. Heh. We know where she learned to show her feelings.
wasnt she one of your pics as the mole?muhahaha, Katie is gone.

Why is it that last year the only female that made it close to the end was the mole? This year there are only two gals left... so I'm going to change my guess from Al to Dorothy or Heather. Otherwise the game would end up being a big testosterone fight.
Its funny watching most of you change your answers.
Al is the mole.
I said that since they started airing new episodes... I hope Bill get eliminated next week. Seems like the I'm the only one now that goofee girl jump to bill is mole bandwagon..
Old 07-03-02, 04:45 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally posted by GoldenJCJ
I don't really understand why all the people in these reality shows get so emotional when it comes to seeing their loved ones.
Because they have no contact with their family members whatsoever. That would be a big deal for me as well (for my wife and daughter anyway). Make that a HUGE deal.

Originally posted by Catch 21
I've said Darwin was the Mole since the beginning.
Old 07-03-02, 05:08 PM

Because they have no contact with their family members whatsoever. That would be a big deal for me as well (for my wife and daughter anyway). Make that a HUGE deal.

I've said Darwin was the Mole since the beginning.

True,my bad. So Looks like we're the only ones with our orginal choices thats not Bill. By the way, Al Is the mole..
Old 07-03-02, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

catch,

If Al is the mole I will give you props, but if he isn't i will rub it in your face because you act so confident.
Old 07-03-02, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I believe the clue to see who the mole was was pretty easy last night. I could be wrong but at the start they show a street sign arrow and as they fade to the players its pointing at 2 people. 1 was katie who was eliminated last night. So if it was the clue its the other person. I even used my tivo to slow it down

capt
Old 07-03-02, 07:58 PM

Originally posted by Catch 21

wasnt she one of your pics as the mole?muhahaha, Katie is gone.
Al is the mole.
I said that since they started airing new episodes... I hope Bill get eliminated next week. Seems like the I'm the only one now that goofee girl jump to bill is mole bandwagon..
Actually, Katie was my second choice for the mole. Al has always been my number one choice... the only thing that makes me waver now are his emotional outbursts. Like Katie, he is unable to control his emotions which make him a poor choice for the mole. At the same time he's involved in every possible aspect of the games. He'd probably try to play a role in each game if he could... so he could be a good pick for the mole. I hope I'm right... but it's all about the editing and what ABC wants us to see each week anyway.

Did that make any sense???
Old 07-03-02, 08:20 PM

Actually, Katie was my second choice for the mole. Al has always been my number one choice... the only thing that makes me waver now are his emotional outbursts. Like Katie, he is unable to control his emotions which make him a poor choice for the mole. At the same time he's involved in every possible aspect of the games. He'd probably try to play a role in each game if he could... so he could be a good pick for the mole. I hope I'm right... but it's all about the editing and what ABC wants us to see each week anyway.

Did that make any sense???
Til this week you changed to Bill , which is noted.

Originally posted by TruGator
catch,

If Al is the mole I will give you props, but if he isn't i will rub it in your face because you act so confident.
I like that deal. Since it seems like I'm the only one not going on a gut feeling but by the Obvious clues. By the way, Al is the mole...
Old 07-03-02, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm voting for the girl that was proposed to. I have no clue what her name is, but she's my choice. Now that I've said what no one cared to hear, I will run screaming out of this thread.

AH!
Old 07-03-02, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
Though I have'nt really been outspoken, I too think Al is
The Mole. Heck, I think I was the only one that voted for him in
last weeks Poll "A guard who fell". One thing that makes me also really think he's the mole is the way they edit his "confessionals". They seems to be cut exactly where it would seem that he's just another player, but he was actually talking about how he's been doing things in the game to screw up. That's just a gut feeling though. And maybe he's getting really emotional so as to throw people off the trail that he's the mole since the mole really wouldn't get angry at that kind of stuff.

Dunno, but Al is the mole.

Neitzl
Old 07-03-02, 11:25 PM
Admin Emeritus

I loved Anderson's mock tears when Bill & his brother-in-law were just kinda like:

"Hey."
"Hey."

when they met up with each other.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.