Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Kim Delaney signs on for CSI:Miami

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-02, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kim Delaney signs on for CSI:Miami

According to Entertainment Weekly, Kim Delaney is going to be co-starring on CSI:Miami this fall. So maybe the cancellation of Philly wasn't a total waste, after all.

The NYPD Blue connection is hard to miss, isn't it?

http://www.ew.com/ew/report/0,6115,2...eadsto,00.html

Why be a cop in New York when you can be one in sunny Miami? ''NYPD Blue'' Emmy winner Kim Delaney seems to be following that line of reasoning, as she's joining the cast of CBS' fall series ''CSI: Miami,'' according to the Hollywood Reporter. She'll play a senior forensics investigator who frequently clashes with the fellow sleuth played by series star David Caruso, another refugee from ''NYPD Blue.''

Caruso, of course, famously left that cop drama after its first season to launch an abortive movie career (''Jade,'' ''Kiss of Death''). Though he came back to TV with the short-lived ''Michael Hayes,'' the spinoff of CBS' top-rated drama ''CSI: Crime Scene Investigation'' may offer his best chance yet to return to stardom.

Delaney, who signed on to ''NYPD Blue'' after Caruso left, stayed longer (six years) and won an Emmy in 1997 for her role as long-suffering detective Diane Russell. Last year, she starred as a lawyer in ''Philly'' for ''Blue'' creator Steven Bochco, but the show only lasted one season. At least she's getting out of the Northeast; maybe the change in climate will do her good.

Last edited by Professor Frink; 06-25-02 at 11:20 AM.
Old 06-25-02, 11:42 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
With the addition of this show and Michael Mann's new cop drama starring Tom Sizemore, CBS might just be my most-watched network.
Old 06-25-02, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 618 Likes on 497 Posts
This is great. I was already planning on watching this (well, recording it since it is on opp MNF) mainly because of Emily Proctor. Now another great reason to tune in.

I still wish Philly survived though.
Old 06-25-02, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dammit. Now I will have to watch this show.

das
Old 06-25-02, 03:28 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
I agree with Red dog, wish Philly had survived, but I can see this bad boy jumping right to the top of my fave shows.

I already enjoy CSI, although Grissom is overbearing at times in his righteousness. but the miami looks like it will be real fun.

The crossover show was cool.
Old 06-25-02, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Good deal. I was planning on watching this anyway, because I like David Caruso. Since there are going to be "frequently clashes" between the two characters, how long before they get romantic?

SO, Det. Kelly is going to soon to be banging his replacement's widow?

Honk!
Old 06-26-02, 03:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

damn I as hopinh she'd be back on NYPD
Old 06-26-02, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by WhattheFFF
damn I as hopinh she'd be back on NYPD

I really like her but I am glad that she isn't going back to Blue. I think the overall chemistry of the current cast is excellent, and the babe factor is certainly high enough as is. No need to rock the boat.
Old 06-26-02, 11:55 AM
JLB
DVD Talk Special Edition

Boy, CSI Miami is really shaping up to be quite good. Unfortunately, my TiVO is usually catching something else for my wife at the time, so I'll be catching CSI Miami next summer in reruns.....
Old 06-26-02, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The only bad thing I see in this is that I won't get to see Ainsley anymore as Ainsley.
Old 06-26-02, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I've never seen CSI, and don't think I can start now since I've already missed a lot (a couple of seasons?). But I could see myself watching this show.
Old 06-26-02, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally posted by huzefa
I've never seen CSI, and don't think I can start now since I've already missed a lot (a couple of seasons?). But I could see myself watching this show.
I came into CSI after the first season and have enjoyed it quite immensely. It's not the kind of show that's hard for new viewers to jump into. It's cut very much from the Law and Order cloth (complete with cheesy line by Briscoe/Grissom)....crime at the beginning then the cops/CSI's try to solve it. Very easy to just jump right in.
Old 06-26-02, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by huzefa

You can definitely pick it up at any time. It is a completely new story every week...as clemente pointed out - in the Law & Order style. I only started watching a few months ago - catching all of the reruns now.
Old 06-27-02, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Red Dog

You can definitely pick it up at any time. It is a completely new story every week...as clemente pointed out - in the Law & Order style. I only started watching a few months ago - catching all of the reruns now.
Hmm.. allright, I'll watch it today. If it's anything like L&O, I shouldn't be disappointed.
Old 06-28-02, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Miami Vice, Miami CSI
Old 07-01-02, 08:58 AM

Originally posted by JLB

Boy, CSI Miami is really shaping up to be quite good. Unfortunately, my TiVO is usually catching something else for my wife at the time, so I'll be catching CSI Miami next summer in reruns.....
Solution... DirectTiVo with 2 tuners! I cannot live without mine! Added a 2nd hard drive and can now record up to 90 hours!!! Sweet!
Old 07-01-02, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by gr8vette
Solution... DirectTiVo with 2 tuners! I cannot live without mine! Added a 2nd hard drive and can now record up to 90 hours!!! Sweet!
149 hours here. DirecTiVo is God's finest creation. Unfortunately, it won't record HD. CBS has confirmed that all Fall shows will be HD ... Kim Delaney in Hi-Def ...

das
Old 07-01-02, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by das Monkey
Kim Delaney in Hi-Def ...
Old 07-01-02, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

When is CSI Miami on?
Old 07-01-02, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by MrPink
When is CSI Miami on?

It doesn't premiere until September. I think it is scheduled for Mondays at 10. I'll be recording it weekly through December since conflicts with football.