Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Nickelodeon Gay Parent Special off topic and insults.

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Nickelodeon Gay Parent Special off topic and insults.

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-02, 12:51 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been going to the Gay Pride Parade every year for the past 5 years for your information. And I have been to gay clubs in the 80's. So I don't have a problem with them. I would rather live in a gay area than spanish area which I am spanish. Why you ask? I never seen a spanish area in America that doesn't have gangs & graffitti. You see it's o.k. to sneak a pro message in a network show , but try doing that with a Jesus message. It won't air. Doesn't bother me, because it's written in the Bible that the devil runs this world. So guess which message is going to have all the best possiable access.
Old 06-20-02, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

wm lopez - it was pro tolerance, not pro homosexual. It was aired after 9 pm when most younger kids are in bed or at least headed that way. Parents knew about it in advance and had the option of turning off the TV or changing the channel, like I do with hate mongers like Fallwell, Robertson and Farahkan. Personally, I don't care if they talk about Jesus in school, as long as they discuss *all* faiths.

Fallwell blamed, gays, lesbians and pagans for 9/11 - what could those christians be up to?
Old 06-20-02, 01:21 PM
Banned

I like how you people talk as if gays aren't the cause of september 11...
Old 06-20-02, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by wm lopez
America is the greatest country in the world, even though there are some who would say we are not. But in America it seems anything evil is considered o.k. Like we can air a pro homosexual show on a cable station that runs old t.v. shows and kids shows all which have no sex in it whatso ever, so parents can feel safe that their kids are watching something they approve of. And we can teach it public schools. And they can talk about Muslim religion in the schools, but not Jesus. Hmmm, what could the liberals be upto?
Now you're equating homosexuality to "evil"?
I feel like we've just dropped back to the Dark Ages. Which, by the way, was ultra-conservative - right down to the Inquisitions. And THAT is true evil - perpetrated by Christians, no less.

Last edited by Grimfarrow; 06-20-02 at 01:50 PM.
Old 06-20-02, 02:06 PM
Mod Emeritus

OK, hopefully I've weeded out most of the stuff that was off topic or insulting. Sorry if your post was included here and you thought it shouldn't have been removed, I did my best to try to make the original thread civil and on topic.
Old 06-20-02, 11:51 PM
Banned

gays are to blame for all of this country's problems. Why they possess that family-destroying mentality is beyond me...

-J