TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

State v.

Old 06-19-02, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

State v.

Anyone see this new show that debuted on ABC tonight? It is a reality show that got to go behind the scenes of court cases for like 6 months. Tonight's episode was about a guy that was on trial for killing his roommate. I thought it was a pretty good show. I'll continue to watch it
Old 06-19-02, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I liked it a lot, too. Much better than NBC's Crime and Punishment (both have the same concept).
Old 06-19-02, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I watched it mostly because this episode took place here in Phoenix. I enjoyed it. It gave you a good look at the inner-workings of the judicial system, from both sides. I also found that be able to see what goes on in the deliberation room, was very fascinating.
Old 06-20-02, 10:20 PM

I enjoyed it also. I've always liked these lawyer drama shows. It was nice to see how things work in the real world. I'll check it out again next week
Old 06-22-02, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It was good stuff, but A&E and TLC do these kind of crime docs even better.
Old 06-26-02, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It's interesting, but hopefully at some point they will feature a case with a verdict instead of a mistrial.

The prosecutor on tonight's episode was certainly arrogant, and probably rubbed the jury the wrong way.

-leepy
Old 06-26-02, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I didn't like that woman prosecutor on tonight's show at all. I would have voted not guilty. There was no sign there telling about the detour and they said people all throughout the day were making the same mistake as they did, except they weren't crashing except for the one guy. They were best friends and the victim's mother even told them not to charge him with anything.
Old 06-27-02, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

They guy was guilty as sin and the "BUTCH" ahem, women prosecutor blew the case big time. The guy should have fried easy.
Old 06-27-02, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

6/26: Another interesting episode.

The prosecutor wasn't very sympathetic in her single-minded, brash attitude, and the one mitigating circumstance in the defendant's favor was the shoddy construction site signage, but the guy should have at least received a couple of years.

1) He was driving drunk.
2) He was travelling 65mph in a 25. Even the most sober, vigilant driver couldn't have negotiated the detour at that speed.

What also bothered me was his and his family's contention, 'Well, everyone's driven drunk at some point'. Translation: Because many people break the law and get away with it, it's acceptable.