My Generosity Is Legendary

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1984 Apple commercial
"Where's the beef?"
Old 06-12-02, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Snickers commercials.

"Boys, that was the lousiest first half I've ever seen. Here's what we're gonna do. First we're gonna get changed. Then we're gonna get on the bus. Then... we're gonna go home!!"

"WE'RE GONNA GO HOME!!!"

"We're gonna play video games."

"VIDEO GAMES!!!"
Old 06-12-02, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Why does that Apple commercial always come up? What did it do for them as a company?
Old 06-12-02, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,698 Likes on 1,056 Posts
Little Caeser's used to have some great ones.

The one I remember as the best was the one with the baby balancing spinning plates and a dog on his head while the baby sang "Give My Regards to Broadway."

I gotta go look on the net for that.
Old 06-12-02, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Moutain Dew makes some funny commercials.

By the way draven-X: Your Buffy case looks pretty cool !!!!
Old 06-12-02, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by JaxComet
Why does that Apple commercial always come up? What did it do for them as a company?
Not only did it revolutionize the ad market and start the whole Super Bowl craze, but it was very well done and signalled the birth of the personal computer as a legitimate product. Other factors, independent of the commercial, prevented it from dominating the home PC market.

das
Old 06-12-02, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by draven-x
Little Caeser's used to have some great ones.
My favorite "Pizza. Pizza." ad was when they started training delivery boys to enter the rigorous delivery market.

das
Old 06-12-02, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I liked some of the Budget car rental commercials from about a year or so ago. The one in particular I remember is they are brainstorming for advertising ideas. One of the people mentions installing aroma therapy candles in the cars, they cut to a video of the backseat of a car, little candles buring in the back window. There are two guys, fast asleep. Pan up to the front passenger seat, the guy is also out cold. Move over to the driver, also passed out. Then they show the car crossing into oncoming traffic. Cut back to the brainstorming session as you hear screeching tires and collision sounds, person says something like 'well, maybe not'

Dave
Old 06-12-02, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The one Shaq did a while back where he was in a leotard was hilarious.
Old 06-12-02, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by the aftermath
The one Shaq did a while back where he was in a leotard was hilarious.
Wasn't that game 5 of the Western Conference finals?
Old 06-12-02, 04:40 PM

I liked the Nissan SuperBowl commercial a few years back with the flying pigeons on a bombing run set to the Top Gun music.
Old 06-12-02, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i was laughing in the mountain dew parrody of bohiemian rapsody.
Old 06-12-02, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Outpost.com had some great ones. Two of them come to mind. One was firing gerbils at a sign, the other was wolves attacking a marching band.
Old 06-12-02, 06:47 PM

Remember the ESPN promos for Sunday Night Football a few years back with the dogs playing poker and arguing? Gilbert Godfried was one of the dogs. For some reason, the line "The internet is the CB radio of the 90's," delivered by Gilbert, cracks me up.
Old 06-12-02, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Anybody remember that Jaguar commerical where the woman takes the Polaroid picture of her husband as he's opening that lame toy Jag? Then the photo develops and he sees that his real gift (a real Jag) is over his shoulder, parked in the driveway.
Old 06-12-02, 06:56 PM

Excluding 1984, sports commercials are by far the best.

First you've got all the great comedic SportsCenter commercials such as the one with Dan Patrick and Kenny Mayne trying to sign "rookie" sports announcers ("Can I get a stapler? I really need a stapler." "I'll take that back to my people and see what we can do."). The one with Kenny dancing like a cossack. And who can forget the one with Curt Schilling?

Then you've got all the great Nike commercials over the years. I personally don't like Nike as a company and don't agree with a lot of their practices but their commercials are amazing and some have sent chills down my spine. The recent one with the transitions from the kid running and the soccer commercial where one guy starts to dribble towards a hundred other players stand out in my mind. The skateboarders one, the female athlete one and the one with Lance Armstrong are also exceptional.

Finally, you've got the sports commercials that feature athletes. From the great "Be Like Mike" and "Bo Knows" commercials to the old Coca-Cola commercial with Mean Joe Green and the little boy.
Old 06-12-02, 07:01 PM

Oh and this one is pretty great too.

Cheers
Old 06-12-02, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 244 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally posted by das Monkey

Not only did it revolutionize the ad market and start the whole Super Bowl craze, but it was very well done and signalled the birth of the personal computer as a legitimate product. Other factors, independent of the commercial, prevented it from dominating the home PC market.

das
Yes, it ushered in the big budget super bowl commercial. Without this commercial, we would have never had the "WAZZZUUUPPP!" commercials.

Maybe this isn't such a great commercial afterall
Old 06-12-02, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by neale
Anybody remember that Jaguar commerical where the woman takes the Polaroid picture of her husband as he's opening that lame toy Jag? Then the photo develops and he sees that his real gift (a real Jag) is over his shoulder, parked in the driveway.

Yeah, everybody gets a Jaguar for their birthday. I thought that one was pushing things a bit.......
Old 06-12-02, 10:44 PM
Needs to provide a working email

The Budweiser frog and lizard commercials-- but the Bud lizard radio spots are even better than the commercials

(BTW, anyone know where I can download those TV and radio clips?)
Old 06-13-02, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by sexy_overlord

Wasn't that game 5 of the Western Conference finals?
Of this year's finals or last year's? I remember seeing it last year but I never saw it this year. I guess I missed it.
Old 06-13-02, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I thought the very first commeraial with the 7Up guy was great (Make 7 Up Yours).
Old 06-13-02, 02:32 PM

My favorite of all time has got to be the one for the Nissan 300Z where it is all done with barbie dolls. Ken jumps in the Z and drives over to the Barbie mansion to pick her up... all set to Van Halen music, "Girl, you really got me now". So awesome!

I also like the new Acura commercials, especially the one with the guy and his wife driving out to meet a real estate agent. As they get out of the car, the guy looks out over the mountain road they just drove to get to the house, thinking of the twisty drive he would have everyday. Before the agent finishes asking if they are ready to see the house, he answers, "we'll take it!" That commercial is so me!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.