Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Who is THE MOLE? (6/11)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: What did the Mole do in tonights episode?
Treaded Water
38.46%
Talked
15.38%
Got locked in a cell
11.54%
Ran around town
34.62%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Who is THE MOLE? (6/11)

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-02, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Who is THE MOLE? (6/11)

I hope everyone was good with their power of observation...
Old 06-12-02, 06:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wish! I missed the first half of the show! Plus, one of my two 'moles' got kicked off!!
Old 06-12-02, 06:21 AM
Admin Emeritus

Highli_hts:

- The _! The frickin' _! OH MY _OSH! And Katie cries. A_ain. She's so not the Mole. However, Mr. I-Was-In-The-Navy-But-Can't-Tread-Water-For-Nine-Minutes? Smells Molish to me. I know, he looks out of shape... but dan_. He cheesed out QUICK. And what was up with the Brit Lit mini-mester from Anderson after the _ame? Some have said his tirade on William Shakespeare a_ain points the fin_er towards Bill... but Anderson doesn't know who the Mole is, so I don't think that was a clue. It WAS odd, thou_h.

Katie: David killed _oliath with a stone.
Darwin: That's how he killed _oliath?
Katie: YES! (beat) Are you bein_ sarcastic?
Darwin: Yes!

- Anderson Cooper's fake tears, post-jail-cell-_ame.

- Anderson slu__ing Rob after the ma_ic trick. *Whack!* Ha!

Anderson totally makes the show what it is. _od bless you, ABC, for finally _ettin_ somethin_ ri_ht.
Old 06-12-02, 07:34 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
What's up, G?

I still say Darwin is the Mole (he even admitted it in this episode ).

My runner-ups are Bill and Dorothy, for a variety of reasons. Bill because of his performance in the swimming, not to mention the telegram. Dorothy because everything she says sounds like amateur theatricals, not to mention her performance running around town. Both of them, however, are ranked far below Darwin on my radar.

There is no way, no possibility, not even a tiny chance that the Mole is anybody else.

I loved the escape from the cell game. Very cleverly devised and solved by the three players. The exemption offer was quite harsh as well...nice poetic justice since she's been bitching about how she hasn't gotten an excemption yet.

My advice to Rob: leave the Christopher Walken impressions to Jay "Scooch closer, children" Mohr. Your version sounded like Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins if his character banged his nuts on a chimney.
Old 06-12-02, 07:43 AM
Admin Emeritus

Agreed. His Walken impression left something to be desired... but the "Damn!" upon being executed was pretty funny. Then I figured out he was trying to do Walken, and it wasn't as funny.

The cell game was great, although it almost seemed too easy.
Old 06-12-02, 08:15 AM
JLB
DVD Talk Special Edition

You know, Kevin Pollack does a great Walken. I think he even rivals Mohr.
Old 06-12-02, 10:57 AM
Banned

you guys forget to mention how cool it was that Rob was excited about the Godfather coming to dvd!
Old 06-12-02, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'm just so happy this show is back on... this is the only show of it's genre that I can handle. Yay!
Old 06-12-02, 11:21 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally posted by Max Fischer
you guys forget to mention how cool it was that Rob was excited about the Godfather coming to dvd!
It seems when the show was originally on, a DVDTalker posted that Rob wahis/her brother. I could be mistaken, but I seem to remember that Rob has a sibling who posts here. But WHO?
Old 06-12-02, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts
Originally posted by Groucho
It seems when the show was originally on, a DVDTalker posted that Rob wahis/her brother. I could be mistaken, but I seem to remember that Rob has a sibling who posts here. But WHO?
That would be Lint. He has been quiet since the Mole returned. We can now assume that Rob's brother Tony (who told him about the Godfather DVD) is Lint.

Oh, and I still think Dorothy is the Mole. Bill is now my no. 2 suspect followed by Darwin.
Old 06-12-02, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
And the Mole gets more interesting. I think the show has really turned the corner now...the point where you can clearly recognize and identify all the players left and are actively cheering for people to not get executed.

Darwin has yet to pique my interest as the Mole, but Dorothy, Bill, and the girl who gave up the exemption pique my interest as Moles.

But that may well change next episode....I was flopping around till the last episode last time around.
Old 06-12-02, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,211 Likes on 2,071 Posts
Originally posted by Groucho
I still say Darwin is the Mole (he even admitted it in this episode ).
That was the best part of this episode:
Katie: How did you know it was an "a" instead of "o"?
Darwin: Cause I'm THE MOLE

My two choices for Mole are still in, Dorothy is one choice but she so obviously screws up that I find it hard to believe that if she were in fact the Mole, they would leave the footage in the show.

Bill on the other hand was flying low under the Mole radar until his "I can swim a mile in full flight gear, but I can't tread water with a 1 pound weight" A little too obvious to me.

Al would be a good candidate for being the Mole but he's starting to take things too seriously leading me to believe he has something to lose.

The sooner Katie gets "executed" the better, she annoys me to no end. Who actually says "Holy Schnikeys!" anyway?
Old 06-12-02, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by GoldenJCJ
The sooner Katie gets "executed" the better, she annoys me to no end. Who actually says "Holy Schnikeys!" anyway? [/B]
Amen. I totally dislike her and i'm afraid she is the mole so she might be on for the whole show and that would suck!!
Old 06-12-02, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I don't know... I'm hedging that Al is the mole. He's just too out there and wanting to get involved in everything...

I almost think that Katie could be the mole coz she's distracting everyone with her moodiness.

Bill might not be the mole... dropping out of the wading challenge could be him acting like the mole, leading people to the wrong conclusion and getting knocked out before him while he figures out who the real mole is.

Heather could be the mole b/c she's so sweet and nice and unsuspecting.

Has anyone been to the ABC forum? Yikes. I left that forum after the first mole ran thru... those people were horrible and attacked anyone they didn't like. Still... they're diehard fans of the show and pretty much watch the show frame by frame to look for clues.

http://boards.abc.go.com/cgi/abc/Req...ST&room=a_Mole
Old 06-12-02, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

What was up with Dorothy crouching on the ground in a fetal position acting like she was spitting up. Give me a freaking break. She can't be THAT out of shape. Suspicious for sure, although I would hope the real Mole would be smarter than to look that obvious.
Old 06-12-02, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally posted by Boot
What was up with Dorothy crouching on the ground in a fetal position acting like she was spitting up. Give me a freaking break. She can't be THAT out of shape. Suspicious for sure, although I would hope the real Mole would be smarter than to look that obvious.
Dude, I'm the epitome of out of shape and that wouldn't even happen to me. Adding to the Mole-ness of Dorothy, why would she choose to be a runner if she knew she couldn't hack it?
Old 06-12-02, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by clemente

Dude, I'm the epitome of out of shape and that wouldn't even happen to me. Adding to the Mole-ness of Dorothy, why would she choose to be a runner if she knew she couldn't hack it?
Exactly. I could see her having to walk or even resting with her hands on her knees, but sitting on the ground and hacking her lungs up? Please. If she is the Mole, she's a terrible actor. If she isn't the Mole, she's just a dipwad.
Old 06-13-02, 01:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm still sticking with Bill the Admiral. Something just doesn't seem right with his actions, and he hesitates on certain events, yet steps up on others.

Dorothy and Elavia's actions seems suspicious, with some of the looks that both of them are giving. They are secondary suspects. Dorothy precious item being a bible.... very suspicious.

Heather has not had an exemption, and was only too willing to give it away in the Cell game. However, she managed to avoid some bad blood, which might work in an alliance.\

Katie the Spanish teacher.... hmmmm..... the only thing that has me going for her as the mole is the fact that her pet cow is named "Meadow Muffin". Could she really be a stinker?

Yet, the only suspect I have is Bill, partially because the winner of the first mole was a woman, so the second one had to be a guy.

Until next week.
Old 06-13-02, 01:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Oops.... one more thing.... I wonder if "Darwin" is the actual name......
Old 06-13-02, 03:28 AM

I missed yesterday's shows, the hot one (I think her name is Heather) wasn't executed was she? I was mad enough when the other good looking one was...

I'm willing to bet (well, not THAT willing) that Dorothy is not the mole. Remember, the editors can basicly choose who to cast suspicion on by playing or not playing certain clips and interviews. Dorothy has a lot heaped on her early, leading me to believe it's actually someone else, it'd provide more surprise when she's executed.

Of course, I didn't see the first mole, so I might be wrong. Hopefully Heather's the mole. Pleeeeease be the mole.
Old 06-13-02, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by MarkHoltz
Heather has not had an exemption, and was only too willing to give it away in the Cell game. However, she managed to avoid some bad blood, which might work in an alliance.
I didn't really find that suspicious at all. In fact, when it went to commercial before revealing her decision, I was saying, "There's no way I could do it. No way my conscious would allow me to leave them in that cell and miss talking to their family." I could easily see her simply not being able to do it, exemption or not. Also, it seems to me that if she were the mole, she would have taken the exemption on strategy to make everybody believe that she was worried about being executed.
Old 06-13-02, 09:58 AM
Admin Emeritus

Originally posted by MarkHoltz
Dorothy and Elavia's actions seems suspicious, with some of the looks that both of them are giving. They are secondary suspects. Dorothy precious item being a bible.... very suspicious.
Heather's precious item is a Bible, not Dorothy's. Why is that suspicious?
Old 06-13-02, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Static Cling
Heather's precious item is a Bible, not Dorothy's. Why is that suspicious?
I stand corrected.

Somehow, it doesn't feel right. While I am not knocking religion, (far from it), in a game like this where you have to lie, having a bible seems very suspicious. Maybe it's because of bad history of certain individuals who claimed to be religious, yet lead lives that were far from that. OTOH, Heather, as portrayed on the screen, has not hit anyone over their head with her religious beliefs, and may, in fact, practice her religion through her actions rather than her words. Go figure....haveaniceday.

Remember, though, that this whole bible/meadowmuffin thing would not have even shown up had we not had the bag burning process. So go figure.

But, Admiral Bill is still at the top of my list.
Old 06-13-02, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

I think Dorothy's running bit was fake, but the blatant focus on it, and her in general being the mole is just misdirection. The one thing you have to keep in mind, is that the producers are naturally going to try to edit it so that the mole is a fair surprise. Dorothy and Alavia (sp?) have had too much Mole finger pointing for me to beleive they actually are the Mole, otherwise where's the surprise?

I dont think Katie isnt cunning enough a personality to be the mole. Al I dont buy either; he's far too earnest. Bill being unable to tread water probably has more to do with the fact that his boasting was about Navy physical feats he did 20-30 yrs ago.

I still want Darwin to be the mole, but I'm not 100% sure.
Old 06-13-02, 03:52 PM
Admin Emeritus

You don't HAVE to lie to play The Mole. Besides, if you do, it's part of the game... if it's in the context of a game, I don't think it's as big of a deal as compared to lying in everyday life.

I think it's great that Heather's prized possession was her Bible... totally caught me off guard. Thank you, ABC, for not editing Heather into the show's token Christian... *cough* Team Rev on TAR2 *cough*.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.