Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Friend or Foe/Russian Roulette opinions?

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-02, 09:01 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone see these new shows on Game Show Netowrk last nite? The network is defintiely working to improve its image, as these games have come a long way since their early original programming (Throut and Neck? DJ Games?)...the budgets have defintiely gone up a bit since then...

My opinions:

F or F: It's hosted by Kennedy! 'nuff said! A pretty good front game with money being divided by using game theory. Teams of two vote 'friend' or 'foe':
Friend and friend = they split the $$
Friend and foe = the 'foe' gets it all, 'friend' gets nothing
foe and foe = neither player gets the $$$

Russian Roulette: I was worried this would over-emphasize the 'drop through a hole' part of the game, but it fit right in with the tone of the show. Ony one thing aboslutely annoyed me...the correct answer guitar riff; I cringed every time it played.

Both games have an interesting online play-along component also...

Ed Stash
Old 06-04-02, 07:21 PM

I saw these this afternoon.

I really like the premise of Friend of Foe, but I don't think it'll last. The hatred for the person going Foe is too much. Most people aren't going to enjoy half the shows ending with you hating one of the people

Russian Roulette was better than I expected. The way they keep track of money is completely pointless though. The last person left gets all the money everyone has earned. So who cares if you eliminate somebody and get their money. Just move things along and have a group jackpot that keeps growing. That or allow the final 2 to keep whatever money they have at the end or the game, and give a bonus for the person who wins, not give all the loser's cash to the winner. This would also encourage more people to go for the 100K

Statistically, everyone should go for the $100K, but I wonder how many people will actually have the guts to do it

Last edited by guildda; 06-04-02 at 07:23 PM.
Old 06-04-02, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I liked both shows

KENNEDY nuff said!
Old 06-04-02, 11:39 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: I liked both shows

Originally posted by bigjim25
Is it me or has Kennedy gotten hotter since her stint as an MTV VJ?!!! She is looking HOTTTT!!!!!
Old 06-07-02, 01:04 AM
nny
DVD Talk Special Edition

I used to love Kennedy on Mtv, but she seemed annoying here. I also don't like the concept for this show. I actually like the concept for Russian Roulette but the questions seem a little easy and the contestants a little stupid. I think my favorite game show on GSN was Hollywood Showdown, but I haven't seen it in a while.
Did anybody notice that woman on Russian Roulette that looked and sounded just like Rachel Dratch from SNL? I think it was Tuesday night. It was eerie, I had to watch the whole thing just for her.
Old 06-07-02, 02:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I can't get enough of watching either show. They are both pretty cool
Old 06-07-02, 03:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Re: I liked both shows

Originally posted by WWF Jedi

Is it me or has Kennedy gotten hotter since her stint as an MTV VJ?!!! She is looking HOTTTT!!!!!

Its because she left that dreck that is MTV.
Old 06-07-02, 11:50 AM
zig

Friend or Foe - a good idea for a show, and it is somewhat entertaining when one person is a foe at the end and they acted all cute and nice the whole time, but it's really not very good. there's not much room for Kennedy to be funny or witty or anything, it's just like "ok we're done with this part, let's go do that part."

Russian Roulette - I really like this show. that Mark Wahlberg guy is kinda funny, and seeing people drop through the hole is funny too. I agree that they shouldn't get the money from everyone else who is eliminated, just who they challenge. and if you the questions were too easy.. then I guess I'm a stupid person I must need to buff up on my useless trivia.
Old 06-07-02, 01:30 PM

Surprisingly, I like both new shows. I think the whole Friend/Foe ending, though it is stretched out a bit, is interesting. Especially when one suckers the other one to vote friend and turns the tables. Russian Roulette is watchable- though I agree with others that the money situation needs to be tweaked. And that guitar riff does have to go. Otherwise, these shows are not that bad, much better than Whammy!, and worlds apart from DJ Games and Trout & Neck.