Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

JUNE BUGS MARATHONS STARTS 6/1 at 8am

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-02, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Saturday, June 1, 8 a.m. until Sunday, June 2, 10 p.m. (e/p)

Cartoon Network celebrates its tenth annual JUNE BUGS marathon with a 38-hour marathon. This year, June Bugs presents more than 160 Bugs Bunny cartoons in alphabetical order, beginning with "The Abominable Snow Rabbit" and ending with "Yankee Doodle Bugs."

Over the course of the event, Bugs will clash with an all-star roster of Looney Tunes stars, including his most frequent tormentors, like Daffy Duck, Elmer Fudd and Yosemite Sam, as well as lesser-known co-stars like Cecil Turtle, Count Bloodcount, Sir Pantsalot and Witch Hazel. Bugs is just as comfortable in outer space, facing off against Marvin the Martian, as he is in a grassy glade. Bugs has also been known to traipse through time, rubbing shoulders with historical figures like Christopher Columbus ("Hare We Go"), Robin Hood ("Rabbit Hood"), Dr. Jekyll ("Hyde and Hare") and even Humphrey Bogart ("Slick Hare").

Old 05-24-02, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i wish they would show all of the warner bros cartoons in original airdate form, so we can see the origin to the last shorts.
Old 05-24-02, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 618 Likes on 497 Posts
I see that they have a pic of the Nature Boy cartoon. I thought that this was one of the politically incorrect ones that they don't show anymore?

Do they have an alphabetical list of the 160 available?
Old 05-24-02, 03:44 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

I Love watching this, because its the only time I know I can catch my favorite episodes, esp "Duck! Rabbit! Duck!"
Old 05-24-02, 03:50 PM
My Generosity Is Legendary

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Over the course of the event, Bugs will clash with an all-star roster of Looney Tunes stars, including his most frequent tormentors, like Daffy Duck, Elmer Fudd and Yosemite Sam,

It's been a while, and I'm getting old, but when was Bugs ever tormented?

OT but related-
A few times when watching Looney Tunes I noticed the end credits would say copyright 1945 (or whatever date), and then added on top of that say "dubbed version 1995"(or something).
My question- what is different about the dubbed version? Were objectionable words taken out, or does it mean the audio was cleaned up?

Shoot the duck! Shoot the duck
Old 05-25-02, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Hero

i think it was the audio that was cleared up but i dont know for sure.
Old 05-28-02, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

For the 10th annual June Bugs marathon, Cartoon Network presents more than 160 Bugs Bunny cartoons in alphabetical order, starting with "The Abominable Snow Rabbit" at 8 a.m. (e/p) on Saturday, June 1 and concluding with "Yankee Doodle Bugs" at 10 p.m. (e/p) on Sunday, June 2. The 38 consecutive hours in between highlight nothing but hare-brained hilarity from the most famous bunny in the world.

Following is an alphabetical look at some of our favorite Bugs moments. Sadly, there are no Bugs cartoons featuring titles that start with the letters Q, V, X or Z. Ain't that a stinker?

**June 1**
"The Abominable Snow Rabbit" [8am]
"Ali Baba Bunny" [8:30am]
"Buccaneer Bunny" [11:40am]
"A Corny Concerto" [2:10pm]
"Duck Amuck" [2:50pm]
"Elmer's Candid Camera" [3:40pm]
"Forward March Hare" [4:30pm]
"The Grey Hounded Hare" [6:10pm]
"A Hare Grows in Manhattan" [7:30pm]
**June 2**
"The Iceman Ducketh" [9:40am]
"Jack-Wabbit and the Beanstalk" [10am]
"Knighty Knight Bugs" [10:30am]
"Lumber Jack-Rabbit" [11:10pm]
"Mad as Mars Hare" [11:30am]
"Napoleon Bunny-part" [noon]
"The Old Grey Hare" [12:20pm]
"Pre-Hysterical Hare" [1:50pm]
"Rabbit Seasoning" [3:30pm]
"Slick Hare" [5:30pm]
"Tortoise Beats Hare" [6:50pm]
"The Unmentionables" [7:10pm]
"What's Opera, Doc?" [9pm]
"Yankee Doodle Bugs" [9:50pm]
Old 05-28-02, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

where is " a wild hare" (first time he says "whats up doc"), or the daffy vs bugs vs elmer episodes.
Old 05-28-02, 07:31 PM

Originally posted by Rypro 525
where is " a wild hare" (first time he says "whats up doc"), or the daffy vs bugs vs elmer episodes.
Following is an alphabetical look at some of our favorite Bugs moments
I'm sure they'll be shown. Well they better show the Daffy ones if they know what's good for 'em.
Old 05-29-02, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

did they already show this bugs marathon last year? or is this a different set of toons? just wondering.
Old 05-29-02, 10:31 PM

Originally posted by thecrazydude
did they already show this bugs marathon last year? or is this a different set of toons? just wondering.
They show June Bugs every year, so a vast majority are the same ones as previous years, but they change the "theme" of the marathon and in the past have thrown in ones never/not often seen and things like that.
Old 05-31-02, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

STARTS TOMORROW MORNING!
Old 06-01-02, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

If you get BOOMERANG, they are showing Daffy's Revenge (MARATHON)!
Old 06-01-02, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I personally would love all of this on DVD. (sigh) I have a graduation party to go to later.
Old 06-01-02, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

what are the daffy vs bugs, vs elmer fudd episodes called? plus would a wild hare be one of the first because it starts with an A or one of the last because it would start with a W?
Old 06-01-02, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Rypro 525 what are the daffy vs bugs, vs elmer fudd episodes called?
Elmer's Candid Camera
Shutterbug Elmer Fudd heads for the woods and has plenty of trouble photographing a wise-guy rabbit. Still not the Bugs we know and love, but getting closer.

Elmer's Pet Rabbit
Elmer buys Bugs in a pet store and comes to regret it as Bugs takes over his house. Contains Bugs' first uttering of "Of course, you realize this means war!"

Wabbit Trouble
Poor Elmer tries to go camping, but Bugs ruins any chance at relaxation. The first great Clampett-directed Bugs cartoon.

The Wabbit Who Came To Supper
Elmer Fudd is hunting wabbits when he receives a timely telegram from his Uncle Louie that promises three million dollars on the condition that Elmer never harm any animals--especially rabbits! Now, how can we expect Bugs not to take advantage of THAT?

The Wacky Wabbit
Gold prospector Elmer Fudd thinks Bugs' rabbit hole is an ideal place to find a rich mineral vein. With a premise like that, you can expect a lot of gags involving dynamite and gold teeth!

Fresh Hare
In the great white North, Mountie Elmer chases Bugs through the snow. Elmer is foiled by Bugs at every turn and must finally admit that he is a "disgwace to the wegiment."

The Hare-Brained Hypnotist
Having failed in normal methods, Elmer Fudd tries to use the power of hypnotism to foil Bugs, but the tables are turned and it is Elmer who is hypnotized into thinking HE is the rabbit!

The Old Grey Hare
Wild cartoon featuring flash-forwards of Bugs and Elmer chasing each other (in wheelchairs) with ray guns, along with flashbacks of the two as babies!

Stage Door Cartoon
It's another wild variation on the Elmer-hunts-Bugs setup. Here, the chase goes into a vaudeville theater and results in lots of gags in costumes.

The Unruly Hare
Bugs tangles with Elmer Fudd the surveyor. It seems you can place anything a few inches in front of Elmer's survey viewer, and he will believe it is huge!

Hare Tonic
Elmer has bought fresh rabbit at the market. Bugs could easily escape, but just for fun he pretends to be a carrier of the dreaded disease Rabbititus!

Hare Remover
Elmer needs a rabbit to perform his laboratory experiments on, so Bugs plays along and pretends to be captured. Think Elmer's potions will work on Bugs? "No soap, Doc!"

The Big Snooze
For his last cartoon at Warners, Clampett creates a wild variation on the Elmer-hunts-Bugs theme. Bugs invades Elmer's sleep and causes as much havoc in his dream-state as awake!

Easter Yeggs
Bugs gallantly volunteers to help out the Easter Bunny. He finds out the job is pretty thankless, especially when he runs into Elmer Fudd dressed as a baby. No Easter wabbit stew in his future!

Slick Hare
This is the classic in which Humphrey Bogart demands fried rabbit from waiter Elmer Fudd. Thanks to Bugs, all he gets is a coconut custard pie--in the face!

Hare Do
Exactly why Army surplus manufactured a "wabbit detector" remains a mystery, but Elmer uses his to chase Bugs into a local theater. Eventually, Fudd is tricked into riding a unicycle into the jaws of a hungry lion!

What's Up, Doc?
Hilarious flashbacks as Bugs tells the story of his meteoric rise to fame, his fateful pairing with Elmer Fudd, and his endless nights as one of the "Boys in the Chorus."

Rabbit of Seville
A Jones classic in which Elmer and Bugs act out an operatic overture in The Hollywood Bowl. Bugs wields the razor as the Barber, while Elmer is the befuddled occupant of the Barber's chair. A masterpiece of timing and character animation.

Rabbit Fire
Is it Rabbit Season or Duck Season? Bugs and Daffy argue the point for the benefit of Elmer Fudd in the first of a trio of like-minded cartoons from Jones. This cartoon contains some of the snappiest dialogue of the Looney Tunes run!

Rabbit Seasoning
Verbal jousting on a level previously unheard of in cartoons, as Bugs and Daffy spar with Elmer and each other. "Pronoun trouble," indeed!

Upswept Hare
Elmer is living in a ritzy penthouse apartment (how could he afford that?) and transports Bugs home via a potted plant! One of them must go, so Bugs proposes a contest of skills.

Duck! Rabbit! Duck!
Final entry in the trilogy of classic Bugs-Daffy-Elmer hunting cartoons. This may be the best of the bunch, as Elmer is convinced over and over to blow Daffy's beak into yet another direction!

Robot Rabbit
Farmer Elmer Fudd goes high-tech and orders a rabbit-exterminating robot. Unfortunately for Elmer, by the end of the conflict the automaton has major "Bugs" in its programming!

Beanstalk Bunny
Wildly imaginative fairy tale variation, with Daffy as Jack, Elmer as the Giant (!), and Bugs somehow involved after the beanstalk carries him aloft. Best gag: tiny Bugs impossibly tripping the gigantic Elmer.

Rabbit Rampage
Basically a remake of "Duck Amuck," this time with Bugs as the tormented subject and Elmer Fudd as the maniacal animator!

This Is A Life?
Bugs is the guest of honor on Elmer Fudd's TV program, but trips down Memory Lane with Yosemite Sam and others only drive the guests to seek revenge on the heckling hare! Daffy is notoriously peeved at the lack of attention paid to him.

Bugs Bonnets
A truckload of hats fly wildly about this cartoon, and every time a new one lands on Bugs or Elmer Fudd, their personalities are completely changed.

A Star Is Bored
Daffy Duck is jealous of movie star Bugs Bunny. Demanding to be in pictures, he is given a job as Bugs' stunt double!

Wideo Wabbit
A zillion references to the Golden Age of television as Bugs tries out for Elmer Fudd's "Sportsman's Hour," only to discover the job description includes being shot!

What's Opera, Doc?
Perhaps the ultimate variation on the Elmer-hunting-Bugs theme, this is a triumph of layout, design and color. Wagner music mixed with Warner Bros. lunacy is quite a jaw-dropping combination!

Show Biz Bugs
Vaudeville partners Bugs and Daffy vie for attention. Daffy finally succeeds in receiving a rousing ovation but has to atomize himself in the process.

Rabbit Romeo
Elmer's mystery Uncle Judd (Judd Fudd?) sends him a female Slobovian rabbit named "Millicent" to care for. Elmer enlists Bugs (at gunpoint!) to keep her company.

Pre-Hysterical Hare
Bugs finds a reel of film that shows an ancient (and familiar) ritual playing out: a prehistoric hunter looking suspiciously like Elmer Fudd going after a saber-toothed version of Bugs!

Apes of Wrath
Mr. and Mrs. Elvis Gorilla get a bundle of joy from the ever-inebriated stork, but it turns out to be Bugs. Bugs beats a retreat, only to be replaced by Daffy!

People Are Bunny
Another parody of a then-current TV show, this time with Daffy trying to cash in on a TV game show along with an understandably reluctant Bugs.

Person To Bunny
Yet another TV parody, here of Edward R. Murrow's interview show. While Daffy Duck does all he can to get some TV time, Elmer challenges some disparaging remarks Bugs made about him on TV.

The Abominable Snow Rabbit
Bugs is tunneling with Daffy and winds up in the Himalayas, where they encounter a big, dumb Yeti! This is the one where the Yeti pets Daffy violently, saying "I will hold him and squeeze him and call him George!"

The Million-Hare
Bugs and Daffy are drawn into "Beat Your Buddy," a game show precursor to "Survivor" where the winner receives a "million box."

The Iceman Ducketh
Daffy hunts Bugs in the Klondike for his valuable fur. Bugs is less than pleased. A bunch of hibernating bears aren't too happy, either.

Box Office Bunny
The first theatrical Bugs cartoon since 1964. This is a fun outing in which Bugs explores the movie theater that was built over his rabbit hole. Elmer Fudd is an usher.

Originally posted by Rypro 525 plus would a wild hare be one of the first because it starts with an A or one of the last because it would start with a W?
A Wild Hare would be in the "W"s. When they start with A or The, you ignore those words and go to the next word.