Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Anyone watch TechTV? I am an addict!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-02, 10:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone watch TechTV? I am an addict!!!

I recently got myself a new house and with it I had DSS installed...

I was welcomed to channel 354.

I find that I am hopelessly drawn to watching it...

The Screen Savers is a killer show mixing great info with a laid back environment... although some of the "tips" are a little wimpy... that is really the one I watch the most, only because it is new every day... but also ...

AudioFile - All about music on your PC
Big Thinkers - Some smart people who I wish I could be one of...
Call for Help - More good computer information
CyberCrime - Cool computer crime stuff
Extended Play - VIDEO GAMES, VIDEO GAMES, VIDEO GAMES!!!
Eye Drops - Awesome computer animation
Fresh Gear - Stuff I want, but can't afford
Future Fighting Machines - Can you say COOL?
The Tech Of: - A Geeks "How does it work" show
Tomorrow's World - Future stuff in the works...

All I do is watch that channel...

Anyone else in the same boat as me?
Old 05-20-02, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've been watching TechTV since it was ZDTV.

Currently, the only show I watch on it though is The Screen Saver. That show kicks ass. I liked it better when the hosts were Leo and Kate though.
Old 05-20-02, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I also watch the Screen Savers. Also have watched since it was ZDTV. I wonder what Kate is doing now, since she left Extended Play? Anyway, I wouldn't get too attached to this channel; word is, that they are losing lots of money (have had lots of layoffs recently), and are only still on the air due to Paul Allen's funding. If he ever decides it isn't worth it, the plug will be pulled.
Old 05-20-02, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

like above I watched it on ZDTV. I love their shows, fresh gear, Extended play, Screen Savers... good stuff.
Old 05-20-02, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by TheMadMonk
I also watch the Screen Savers. Also have watched since it was ZDTV. I wonder what Kate is doing now, since she left Extended Play? Anyway, I wouldn't get too attached to this channel; word is, that they are losing lots of money (have had lots of layoffs recently), and are only still on the air due to Paul Allen's funding. If he ever decides it isn't worth it, the plug will be pulled.
I didn't think they were doing that well. Maybe the only thing people do watch is the Screen Savers.
Old 05-20-02, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I too have been watching it since it was ZDTV. I don't watch it as much nowadays as I used to, but I liked it a LOT better when Leo was the host of Call For Help. I can deal with Patrick and Leo on the Screensavers but NOT the dude on Call For Help. That chick Morgan is hot too!
Old 05-20-02, 11:45 PM

Pretty much the only channel my tv stays on. Have been with it since the beginning with Kate and Leo.
It has great programming and I have really learned a ton of information by watching.
And speaking of people who have left. What ever happend to Jessica Corbin? She is the other red head besides Kate that just vanished last year.
Old 05-20-02, 11:50 PM
zig

the screensavers is the only show I can stand watching, the other shows always have a few people who are blabbing on about something they obviously have no idea about, and maybe put an hour of research into it before talking about it. but the screensavers is great. and that chick on call for help is cute.
Old 05-20-02, 11:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

My favorite shows on Tech TV are:

The Screen Savers
Call For Help
Extended Play
Fresh Gear

I love that channel
Old 05-21-02, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
if I got techtv I think I would watch
Old 05-21-02, 02:37 AM
Banned

Mmmm... Morgan Webb... mmmmmm..
Old 05-21-02, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 241 Likes on 152 Posts
mmmmm... Sumi Das mmmmm...
Old 05-21-02, 08:25 AM
Cat

I used to watch it every once in a while, but then I got rid of cable and haven't had anything, but local channels until about 2 months ago. I had DishNetwork installed and found myself watching TechTV all the time! Every time I turned on the TV I flipped straight to TechTV, it was so addictive. In the past couple of weeks I have found my addiction to be waining, but only because they are having a preview of channel package that is higher than mine and it has Boomerang on it. I haven't been able to stop watching those old cartoons for a week now. The preview ends tomorrow so I might have to go back to watching TechTV again.

Cat
Old 05-21-02, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I watch it and have learned a lot, even if I didn't learn anything, I would watch just to see Magen! What a babe!
Old 05-21-02, 12:42 PM

I wish the lovely Jessica Corbin was still on this channel. Now THAT girl was one serious babe.
Old 05-21-02, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,657 Likes on 1,033 Posts
I like The Screen Savers but sometimes their little geek asides and humor makes me a little embarassed, especially when I'm watching it with my wife.

The guy (Chris Parillo?) that is hosting Call for Help. I've been in his room at his parent's house. Back when there was the flurry of email viruses a few years ago, the news station I worked at in Des Moines got in touch with him (he was doing lockergnome.com from his parents basement in Des Moines.) We had him on our newscasts and we went to his house to interview him one day. He's a really nice guy.
Old 05-21-02, 02:02 PM
Mod Emeritus

I'm currious what happened to Jessica also.

http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/d...323182,00.html
Old 05-21-02, 02:12 PM
Mod Emeritus

TSS Girls:
Catherine Schwartz
Megan Morrone
Jessica Corbin
Morgan Webb

All these and the rest of TSS staff:
TSS Staff
Old 05-21-02, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mmmm Megan

Old 05-21-02, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I catch it every once in a while. They broadcast it at work in the cafe, so I catch it on my 15 minute breaks.

Some cool gadgets are showcased every once in a while. I wonder what happens to the bulk of the gadgets that don't make it big commercially?
Old 05-22-02, 12:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
TechTV is about the only channel I watch other than ESPNews. TSS is by far their best show. I'm still a bit upset that they let Scott Herriott go. He was a riot. I too have been following the channel when they were ZDTV.

You guys forgot to do this so I will.

mmm...Cat Schwartz...mmm
Old 05-22-02, 12:59 AM
zig

Originally posted by dancinns

You guys forgot to do this so I will.

mmm...Cat Schwartz...mmm
she's not really an "mmm" kind of girl, more like an "aww" girl. cute, but not hot. sometimes cute to the point of annoying.
Old 05-22-02, 07:05 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Cat wore sexier clothes than the other girls when she was on Screensavers(always showing a little skin). Now she's like a schoolteacher on Call for Help. Megan is still a hottie though.

I always wondered if Kate left Extended Play on her own or if she was a victim of the layoffs(Jessica ,too?)

D
Old 05-22-02, 07:29 AM
Mod Emeritus

Originally posted by dancinns
I'm still a bit upset that they let Scott Herriott go. He was a riot.
Scott's gone now? Haven't been able to watch the show for a couple months or so. Who's still there?

Morgan is definatelt my favorite, although Jessica was a close second when she was there?

I've also been watching since the days of ZDTV. May of 1999 was when I first discovered the network.
Old 05-22-02, 03:59 PM

According to Jessica on her last night with Screen Savers, she left to be closer to her family in LA. Her brother had a severe accident and I believe he's paralyzed. He was in a coma for a long time. Her departure had nothing to do with layoffs (or so the story goes).

I teach computer science and I am always telling my students to watch Screen Savers. I love it! Marty Seargent is a hottie!

*meow*

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.