Reload this Page >

CSI/ CSI: Miami 5/9

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 05-09-02, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,160 Likes on 2,036 Posts

Well, we got our first look at the CSI: Miami team. I like David Caruso, Emily Proctor and Rory Cochran, but I could take or leave Kandi Alexander. That cast may change before this spinoff debuts though so we'll see.

Aside from the show being set on beaches rather than deserts, I don't see the new show bringing anything different or new to TV. But Since CSI is one of my favorite shows I'll give the new show a try.
Old 05-10-02, 12:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I actually wnjoyed it quite a bit. I've always enjoyed Caruso especially that movie with nick cage. My only concern is that they styalize it too much. Case in point- Caruso wearing sunglasses in the house while they were searching while it was clearly dusk.
Old 05-10-02, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,357 Likes on 922 Posts
Originally posted by drexel
I actually wnjoyed it quite a bit. I've always enjoyed Caruso especially that movie with nick cage. My only concern is that they styalize it too much. Case in point- Caruso wearing sunglasses in the house while they were searching while it was clearly dusk.
Yeah, Warrick was wearing them too.

There was some good stuff, and some not so good stuff. Caruso did a good job, but his name! Horatio? wtf? I also didn't like the idea that Warrick and Catherine running around like they were running the show over there in Miami. I don't think they'd have as much freedom in real life as the show led us to believe. I didn't think there was a good dynamic between the CSI:Miami characters, but they were just secondary in this show, so it should get better.
Old 05-10-02, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This episode had so many plot holes. I mean, they track down the killer by looking up his driver's license-- he so conveniently updated his address to the house of the people he's squatting at.

And I love how they have this huge swat team with trained policemen, and they have Willows, the CSI Investigator storm in with Caruso. I mean, come on.

I love the science & investigation but when the CSI people start acting like cops it's a little ridiculous.
Old 05-10-02, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

the blonde one is hot. what was her name??
Old 05-10-02, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
they make a big deal about 9mm being police issue
well it's a very common handgun round, especially since it can be purchased cheaply, in part due to the availability of military surplus ammo due to 9mm being a NATO round

still watching it, but so far it's a decent episode
Old 05-10-02, 01:12 AM

This episode had so many plot holes.

Agreed. The script was crappy. And the acting was
not much better for this episode. I hate to bag on this
series. But Alot of this seasons episodes are not very
good.

I guess a kidnapper could drive from Nevada to Florida
in just 2 days.

On a positive note. Nice to see Kari Wuhrer back on tv.
Giving one of here usual outstanding acting performances.
Well it was outstanding until she started to talk anyways.
Old 05-10-02, 01:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: This episode had so many plot holes.

I thought maybe they'd go for a little different style, maybe a different color scheme a la Soderbergh in Traffic. I was disappointed to see that much of Miami looks as dry and dusty as Vegas. This seemed like CSI: 2. The only different things were the setting and the characters. At least on SVU they made it different because the episodes don't always go according to the L&O formula of (1) investigate crime for half hour (2) try to prosecute criminal for half hour. (Both do have (3) insert "twist" ending.)

Originally posted by btlives
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 05-10-02, 04:29 AM
AJW
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hey that's my gal you're talking about.
Old 05-10-02, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 602 Likes on 486 Posts
Originally posted by Jadzia

And I love how they have this huge swat team with trained policemen, and they have Willows, the CSI Investigator storm in with Caruso. I mean, come on.

I love the science & investigation but when the CSI people start acting like cops it's a little ridiculous.

I read that the CSI Miami investigators are supposed to be real cops - at least that is how that series is going to be set up. I guess that will be one difference.

I watch CSI periodically. I really enjoyed this episode. Of course, I love Emily Proctor and any tv show with Kari Wuhrer on it has to be good.
Old 05-10-02, 09:53 AM

Received 90 Likes on 76 Posts
Originally posted by Jadzia
love the science & investigation but when the CSI people start acting like cops it's a little ridiculous.
I agree.

I really liked this episode though and the spin-off looks promising. I was impressed with the Miami cast too. It's good to see Rory Cochrane doing something again.
Old 05-10-02, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Was that one dude "Slater" from Dazed and Confused? It looked like him but I am not sure.

EDIT: yup, it's him... I was posting as the post with his name came up
Old 05-10-02, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by btlives
I guess a kidnapper could drive from Nevada to Florida
in just 2 days.
Trust me...it can be done. It's a bitch, but it can be done.
Old 05-10-02, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,357 Likes on 922 Posts
I also forgot to mention how funny it was that the CSI:Miami team was driving around in a Hummer.
Old 05-10-02, 01:46 PM

plot holes galore

CSI while gaining in popularity, the stories , as stated here have way too many plot holes.

Didnt both Kari Whurler and the daughter identify the guy before Marg Helgenberger and David Caurso talked to the limo driver. They couldnt identify him from the sketch?
Old 05-10-02, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,607 Likes on 1,006 Posts
Didn't they make the point that the description was pretty much an "everyman?" I thought they said something like that.
Old 05-10-02, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,160 Likes on 2,036 Posts
Originally posted by the_dude8
the blonde one is hot. what was her name??
You might be thinking of Emily Procter. If you've ever watched The West Wing, she plays Ainsley Hayes. Or at least she did, I don't know if she'll be pulling double duty with both shows.
Old 05-10-02, 03:23 PM

Received 90 Likes on 76 Posts
I forgot to mention Adam Rodriguez from the ill-fated Roswell. Good to see him still employed.
Old 05-10-02, 05:27 PM

Originally posted by draven-x
Didn't they make the point that the description was pretty much an "everyman?" I thought they said something like that.
Yes, but after talking to Kari whurler , I remember a fax that showed a sketch which looked alot like him, at least enough to cause concern.
Old 05-10-02, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
that line about closing the bathroom door when you're home alone is crap
I don't close the dor when I'm home alone
Old 05-10-02, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by mikehunt
actually, he said do you lock the door if you're home alone, and he said of course you do. that is true with me, i always lock the door.
Old 05-10-02, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally posted by mikehunt
I do.
But anyway, I didn't think that the prospect of CSI:Miami will add anything substantial to the CSI world, but neither have the L&O spin-offs.

It seems that the Miami cast would be much more police work oriented, but even the Vegas crew tends to stretch their credibility everyonce in a while. The characters which were basically archetypel clones of the Vegas cast failed to be as interesting Caruso was pretty good, but he's had plenty of practice at the cop thing. Emily Proctor was playing Emily Proctor, I guess, because there was no difference from her West Wing performances. The rest were forgetable, except Khandi Alexander who was truely bad. The funny guy wasn't too bad.
If the CSI crew hadn't been there, I doubt I would have cared as much.
Old 05-10-02, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

my bathroom door doesn't even have a lock, and the one at my parents house has a lock but I never used it
Old 05-10-02, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I finally get to tell this story online...

The scene in this episode where they pull the car out of the canal was filmed where I work at, Holiday Everglades Park (I drive airboats out there). It was fun to recognize the docks etc. But to the story I'm dying to tell:

About a month ago, I was hanging at work, not on the clock. A few customers come up to the store and tell the ladies behind the register that they've spotted a car in the canal. So they ask me to go down to the dock to verify if this is true. Turns out it is.

Not aware that this is a prop that got left behind (I think some of the locals rolled it back into the canal), I proceeded to remove my socks and shoes. I went into the canal (by the way, the car was exactly in the canal when I saw it as it was on the show) and proceeded to basically break my way into the car, to be sure that there was no one inside. Needless to say, no one was in the front or back seat. I tried to get into the trunk, but no luck.

As I returned to the store, they asked me if I checked to see if there was a motor in the car. I told them no, never crossed my mind to examine the engine. They said it might have been the prop from CSI...so I spent a month or so wondering...and now I know....laff....

How cool to watch on tv and think to myself, I swam around in that car.
Old 05-10-02, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

did you have a sniper to look out for gators?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.